1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens Loss

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SteelerfnVA, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    It is great feeling to wake up this morning and log on the internet to read about all the Ravens fans crying that it was a catch. I couldn’t think of a better way for the Rats to lose a game and have Marsha play as bad as he did. It was not even close to a catch and the kick didn’t even have a chance. Is it me or does Joe Flacco sick his foot in his mouth a lot talking about HIS play and comparing it to HIS play last week and not taking the loss like he should. Every big game the Steelers have lost with Ben at QB he has said that it is his fault not to compare HIS play from the previous week and "you decide, I don’t care what you think" is how the quote went if I can remember correctly. I am glad he is a Ratbird because I don’t think he will ever be ready to lead a team to the Super Bowl especially after that D gets older like they do each year.

Lets Go GIANTS

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Any morning after a ravens loss is a great day to be alive, especially when they blow one like that. They will be talking about that game for a long time, and feeling the sting that goes along with it! Would a, should a, could a. And the fact that brother Jim (or is it John?) choked on his chance to go to the big dance later in the evening, makes it all the sweeter! Would love to be a fly on the wall in the harbaugh compounds this morning! :thumbsup:

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I despise the ravens, but I hate the Pats a little more. I guess it will be even better to see them lose another SB. GO GIANTS!!!

4. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The best part is both Harbaughs probably should be going to the SB...LOL!!!!!! The Ravens go out on FA and pick up Lee Evans, Mr. deep ball threat himself and he gets hit in the numbers with a winning TD pass and he handles it like a sack of Charmin!!! And right after Cundiff, Mr. superleg himself, hooks a 32 yarder.....CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course, on the other side of the country we have the borother who is probably still sitting on the toilet after watching his team take a punt in OT and thinking it was going to be glorious until that little thing call a fumble ruined his day.

5. SteelerfnVA

Nov 7, 2011
    Yes the way each of them lost makes it that much more sweet.

6. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Maybe it's part of the conspiracy. Maybe the two of them decided they'd rather play against each other in Hawaii than in Indianapolis.

7. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I turned on the radio happily this morning to hear every caller complain that it was a catch and that in super slow motion he had complete locked in glued to his hands possession. One guy even said "We all know you have to catch the ball, stand up, walk down the tunnel and sign a form to ensure it's a catch in the NFL today."

What I find COMPLETELY selfish of the ravens organization is how they don't just accept the loss. Instead everyone from the individual players, the fans, right down to the media on the front page is talking about the catch, and not just the catch, but how amazing Joe is. The front page of their official site now says "JOE DID ENOUGH TO WIN. CATCH NOT REVIEWED."

Whine Whine Whine :roflmao:

8. SteelerfnVA

Nov 7, 2011
    Not sure how to even argue that is was a catch besides the fact that you do have so crazy rules completing a touchdown catch these days, it does not even qualify as a catch in High school, Middle school, or Pee Wee football. Joe didn’t do enough to win or they would’ve won, he is not good and especially under pressure. He missed a wide open first down on 4th and 6 if he would have just thrown it to his favorite WR or I mean RB Rice and he picks LEE EVANS to seal the game. At least when we lost in the Super Bowl last year Ben went out trying to get the ball to our best playmaker at that time. I heard a stat yesterday that was mind blowing to me and proves that Flacco is no good. His leading REC on the team with 67 catches is??? Ray Rice Everyone run deep and let me look like I’m a going through my progressions then I’ll check it down 67 times this year. For all the comments of his great arm and everything else, someone else should lead this team with catches.

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  10. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love this. I hate both teams. Having said that, it was like watching good and evil. The rats are loudmouth thugs. I'm happy for Kraft, he lost his long time wife this year. Let him have a little joy, then a SB loss.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I would expect nothing less from Ravens fans.... :lolol:

Having said that .....GO GIANTS!!! :clapping:

12. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the Ravens on the favorable side of this "complete the TD catch all the way thru in the end zone rule" twice this season in both games against the Bengals? Those fans should know this rule very well you would think!

13. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Alright now that's going too far. To call the Pats "good" could be viewed as grounds to have you banned from this board. Please issue a retraction immediately. Thank-you.

14. So Cal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I will retract but I said "it was like" not it was. I should have said, One of them were not as large of aholes as they usually are

15. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok then. All is forgiven. :drinks:

16. So Cal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you, but I know what you mean. I'm already sick of the SB coverage hype. But the look on the faces of the Rats after the ball hooked, priceless.

17. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Kind of gives new meaning to player execution. LOL :ratbirds:

18. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I was pulling for the Ravens.

My hatred for the Pats knows no bounds.

19. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    The only player interview I saw who seem to accept the loss was Ray Lewis.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Come on guys. I'm as happy as anyone that the Ravens lost, and it gives me great pleasure that it was through a controversial call, as we know that's more infuriating than a straightforward hammering.

But if the same had happened to us, there would easily be just as much whining from fans.

The thing that does make it sweet, however, is all the calls that Balt have had this season not called/called in their favour. Seems like there's some kind of poetic justice at hand.

Although, if there was really poetic justice, then both the Ravens AND the Pats would have lost...

21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

THAT! would've been a neat trick! :lolol:

22. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ray Rice was pretty classy about it, also. But then he went and said Flacco was a top 5 QB and destroyed his own credibility.

23. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ah, but it's not over yet.

24. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Naturally, I saw the stunned faces after the Cundiff miss during the game. However, this was the first time I got to see it over (and over and over) again on Youtube. Man, this link made my day all the better !! Thanks !!

25. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    So true! :rawk: