1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tackling Torso isn't going anywhere!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 22, 2015.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think I'm the biggest Blake supporter around (or by default, the only one :shrug:) but even I can't be my usual "glass half full" type on this one anymore. Blake should not be starting. I could see if their reasoning was that they expect the Ravens to run a lot, but Blake hasn't been a solid tackler this year, so there goes that theory.

Chalk it up to another questionable personnel move. Blake has shown that this just isn't his year. He can't do anything right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    WTF - Tomlin is an IDIOT I don't think the Ravens can win unless Blake is twins and both Blakes start. But why? This is just another Tomlin move that makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    :facepalm::shrug::facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We are all clearly missing something right? There HAS to be an explanation for this...I just have no idea what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I don't get it.... I really don't get it.

He was quick to criticize Shamarko in his press conference today, for a play that didn't even hurt us (although I suppose it could have), but Blake manages to elude the coaches critical eye? He's the most targeted DB in the league, constantly gets burnt and misses the most tackles on the team, but he emerges every week, to play again.

It's truly remarkable.

In the words of Will Ferrell... "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It's called Hardheadedness.

hardheadedness

noun
    Synonyms and Antonyms of hardheadedness

1. 1a steadfast adherence to an opinion, purpose, or course of action in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion <his unrelenting hardheadedness didn't win many friends, but it helped him to get his way most of the time>Synonyms bullheadedness, doggedness, hardheadedness, intransigence, mulishness,obduracy, obdurateness, obstinateness, opinionatedness, pertinaciousness, pertinacity,pigheadedness, self-opinionatedness, self-will, stubbornness, willfulness

2. Related Words anal-retentiveness, perverseness, perversity, waywardness, wrongheadedness; adamancy (also adamance), determination, implacability, inexorability,inflexibility, inveteracy, perseverence, persistence, persistency, relentlessness, resolve,single-mindedness, steadfastness, stick-to-itiveness, tenaciousness, tenacity; firmness,hardness, rigor, rigorousness, sternness, strictness; narrow-mindedness, rigidity, rigidness; bloody-mindedness [chiefly British] , cantankerousness, contrariness, cussedness; balkiness,contumacy, defiance, disobedience, frowardness, immovability, immovableness,insubordination, intractibility, obstreperousness, rebelliousness, recalcitrance,recalcitrancy, refractoriness, unruliness

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    :beathorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Could it be that Blake has pictures of Tomlin having sex with farm animals? That might explain it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    :eek: Blake has pictures of Tomlin beating a poor old horse to death???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    weird, he saw Jacoby Jones as a liability and pulled him. Blake is a liability , but won't pull him. He may be being stubborn, but something else is going on behind the scenes. has to be.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Vick might have some of those too.

More head scratching moves by Tomlin here.

13. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Maybe Boykin was wearing the same shirt Mike Tomlin was wearing at a party? That must have been awkward.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's because Blake is good at.... um, well it's because Boykin... um it's because uh... uh... OK, I have no answer :shrug:

15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011

Let's keep the thread going with everybody's theory as to why Tomlin refuses to bench Blake in favor of Boykin. Some good ones so far! :lolol:

16. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    If we should lose to the Ravens Sunday and Blake has his fingers prints anywhere on the loss.Tomlin should be hogtied and taken directly to The Bay View Asylum in Baltimore Md for a lengthy evaluation.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Another clear example of Tomlin playing favorites over more deserving and better players.

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I blame the spineless media at the press conference for not questioning Tomlin with cold hard facts about Blake that any Ham and Egger on this board could have. I guess Blake hasn't reached the point of no return yet. But it was Tomlin who wanted Blake over McCain. Personally I wanted to keep McCain. At least Blake is a UFA after this season. His play could be the undoing of this team. He is that horrible.

The one thing that I did get out of his statement was he said that yes they would go with the same rotation but the numbers would change. I hope that he is bluffing and we see Boykin start in the slot with Gay on the outside. Guess we will see...

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know the only thing I can think of is to make the opposing team plan to throw at Blake all day and then change the assignments up on them and gain an advantage in personel and scheme.

That's got to be it. He doesn't want them game planning for the other guys weaknesses, co he throws Blake out as the starter and leaves him out there until he screws up enough to cement his presence on the field and trick them into not knowing who's on the field in his spot!

20. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I've been saying this all year
    sandbagging
    bluffing

the teams we face in the playoffs
    WON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO THINK DO ORSAY

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Okay he is just being stupid here. It may be okay against the Ravens or Browns, but when and if we get into the playoffs and we go against a better QB, if he starts Blake he should be fired. Even Cowher benched Ike when he was having a rough time, and Ike was way better the Blake. This is just crazy, unless he is bluffing.

22. Toughtown

Toughtown Active Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Tomlin is a genius. He knows that come playoff season, teams will game plan for Blake and coach will then be putting Boykin in and that will mess them up in a huge way. Gotta be the answer here. Coach T, knows that for now Ben can bail them out even with a club footed Blake back (clodding) peddling and tripping over himself. Watch his play against the Cards. Miracle we didn't lose to them with Blake covering. Here's to Boykin the X factor in the playoffs... Tomlin's Ace up the sleeve.

I just read Lizard72's reply above. kinda similar to my thoughts. We are on the same wavelength.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I hope your right that he is bluffing until the playoffs, but I don't think Tomlin thinks like that. When he said he will run the running backs until the wheels fall off, he does just that. I think your giving him too much credit on his thinking. And to think that his background was secondary coach!

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Tomlin is using his notoriety and fame as a head coach in the NFL to draw attention to the very serious issue of Blake on Blake crime...;)

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ike started for two years after he was clearly done. cortez allen started for two years and got a contract when he clearly was done. blake...............is the new ike/allen player that MT must have.:shrug: thats all i got.:cool: