1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Alejandro Villanueva/Marcus Gilbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Dec 21, 2015.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    AV should be rookie of the year and Marcus Gilbert should make 1st team all-pro. They did a wonderful job againsts Ware and Miller. AV has made me completely forget about Kelvin Beachum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    We dont need Beascum no hahahaha

3. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    just my opinion, but we do not need to pay Beechum a lot of money to stay. AV did great and has done great all year. I said he would be great in the preseason. He is not currently the best LT right now, however if he has a year to practice and after this year of starting almost all year he will be a beast next year. Gilbert has had a great year too.

Mike

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The o-line settled down and played much better in the 2nd half, but they played terrible as a unit in the first half. Denver has a really good defense so they deserve a lot of credit.

Also AV is not a rookie.

5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Heard AV after the game. Man he's hard on himself. He was talking about how bad he played and how the line bailed him out. I thought he held his own. If he can live up to his expectations of himself, opposing defenses better look out!

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I look at him as a tool I but just because he changed posisitions. Like a rookie he is only going to get better.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    He had a struggle on his hands all night. He was playing out of his skin against some of those guys - because they're pretty great pass rushers - so not surprising if he felt he had been helped out by his team-mates. The good thing was, he wasn't completely overrun by them.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That Dlinemen on Broncos was having a good game against AV, but Von Miller was non-existent. Good job Ranger!

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I like AV and hope he continues to improve.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    AV adjusted well. Denver has a for real pass rush, as do the Bengals. Left tackle is the hardest line postion to play in the NFL. Most all the top pass rushers play that side.

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Man AV is just a real high character guy. He's got the drive to fix what he screws up.

I don't know if you guys caught it, but after he gave up one of his sacks he realized it and made sure Ben didn't hit hard by grabbing him before. Very heads up guy that makes split decisions quickly.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Certainly did catch that. I thought he is a real team player. He was trying to keep Ben up after he wiffed.