1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a confession to make

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Forgive me but I was actually rooting for the Ravens to win yesterday just because I cannot stand the thought of Tom Brady winning another Superbowl.

With that being said.

DEAR RAVENS FANS - BAHAHAHAHAHA YUCKITY YUCK, ROTFLMAO, HOOHOOHOOHOO, WUPWUPWUP.

That was one awesome way to lose a game. I will never root for your stinking team again and I can't believe I even bothered to jump on your dirty bird bandwagon!

Please win the Superbowl Giants. I do not want to see Roger Gooddell hand that trophy to Bob Kraft and the CHEATERS!

Was anybody else cheering for the enemy? Surely I can't be the only one. Could I?

2. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nah....I wanted Marsha to win this game to preclude the possibility of Harbowl I. However, since that was accomplished I now root for the Giants to repeat their last beatdown of Marsha & the Cheatriots! The Pens win over The Caps just made the weekend as perfect as it could be - absent the Steelers.

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not the only one.....however I was also rooting for Brady and the Pats to win the game.

4. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Do what I do, whether or not, its the regular season or playoffs. If the 2 teams involved in the game are both hated teams, I root a little bit more for a certain team to lose rather then rooting for a team to win. I can always find that little edge to sway me one way or the other. Most of the time, its the big picture I look at and what result would be the advantage for the Steelers.

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It was interesting. I went into the game saying, Can they both lose? I hate em both! But as soon as gametime hit and I had to pick a side, I found myself rooting for the Pats. I think I just hate the Ravens that much. I can't stand to think of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed winning another. They did everything they could and Flacco, Evans, and the holder/kicker combo killed them.

Of note, as a former kicker, if you watch that replay from the back, you will see that the laces never got turned to the front. Them hanging out on the side when the ball was kicked was enough to make it go that way. I am sure the fans in Balt. won't want to hear that, but that is reality.

6. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I rooted for the Raven's.

My reasoning is that Balt plays a style that I can respect and I can't bear for tools like Phil Simms to have anymore ammo to kiss Marsha's a$$.

7. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I have a confession too...I was praying for an earthquake to hit Gillette stadium followed by a tsunami that would sweep both teams out to sea. Forgive me Lord.

GOOOO GIANTS!!!!!!

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    When they went to make the kick that was shanked wide left they seemed to hurry the kicker when they really did not need to. They exited the loss with one timeout in their pocket. Thats just got to be the dagger in the heart of Ravens fans.
    If they would have called a Timeout there then they would have more than likely made the chip shot field goal.
    I hate to get any joy from others misery but oh well. I think I'll just roll with it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I could not bring myself to root at all for either team. Every time I thought I was hoping one would win, I woud feel like I had to vomit and change my mind. I have not shed any tears for Ravens fans, but I wouldn't have shed them for Patriots fans either. I'm just glad that nightmare is over and now I can root for the Giants in the Super Bowl.

10. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Sorry, I know they're our conference and our division and everything, but I did NOT want the craven Ravens to win that game. No, no, no. I also believe the Giants can win the big game again and put an end to the aspirations of the Pets that they are ever, ever going to catch up to the Steelers. Ever.

That will take care of everything nicely.

11. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I realized that as much as I enjoy the Steelers beating the Ravens (when it happens), it does not matter that much if the Ravens play a different team. I also realized that I NEVER want Brady and Patriots to win, even against the Ravens. Go Giants!

12. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I'm in total agreement with grannie! :rawk:

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I couldn't bring myself to "root" for either but I am more pleased with this outcome then if the Ravens had won. Ravens match up better with the Giants, I think the Giants will beat Marsha and company handing them yet another loss in the SB by their hands :rawk:

14. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I purposefully did not intend to watch the AFC championship game, keeping myself busy until around 5:30 or so. I settled in to watch the NFC pre-game show but when I turned my TV on it was already on the raisins/pats game. So I watched the last 5 min or so, father forgive me. For me the decision of who to root against was more a question of who was the greater of two evils. Turned out to be the raisins. So I was happy when cundiff shanked his kick but I turned the channel before I saw any celebrating by the pats. Hope everyone can forgive me.

15. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I actually got pleasure from watching both teams. Even though I'm a long time Steeler lover. The Patriots are an extremely well coached team and it shows in their discipline. Wish we had that. The Ravens are tough guy bullies like we used to be. Wish we had that too. Our current Steelers couldn't have beaten either of them.

16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    YES!!!!! I was hoping both teams lost at the same time... never even considered that option... much much better way to end the game and season.

17. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    think thats what cundiff is saying happened and thats why he missed the FG?

18. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Giants and Pats will be a media frenzy. Just what Goddell wants for the NFL. Ravens 49rs not so much. Except for the brother against brother factor that didn't happen.