1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Cam... Cameron...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Jan 22, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I seem to be in the minority on here but I've had a few people agree with me about this. I think based on what Cam did in San Diego and based on the fact that he has had very limited resources in Baltimore that he could be good for us. He used LT like a beast in SD and Ray Rice was the 2nd leading rusher this year. Maybe he could do some good things with Mendy and Redman. Then that would open up more options to go deep to Wallace and let Brown run some really good routes. I understand that most people hate him because of his Raven association but the Ravens also hate him so that might be a good thing. I'm just asking is all. I think he is a better fit than Billick because when Billick was in Minnesota he threw it like crazy.

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My thought is this: we would quickly grow to feel the same way about him as we did with you know who. :bscow:

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would have taken Cameron over BA any day and twice on Sunday. That said, there are still better options out there.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd just like to see us get someone that we know has a track record of running the football. Maybe Todd Haley would do that but the consensus seems to be that he's not easy to get along with. Who would you like to have DIEHARD?

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Also, who would you take VEGAS?

6. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i think cam had way too many games when he didnt use rice enough and instead threw with flacco and he sucks

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I like Haley. He seems like a no nonsense guy who could bring some quality play calling to go with the depth of talent here. I'm also very intrigued with the idea of Jim Tressel. Tressel hasn't gotten a lot of play on the MB, but he has a strong track record with his O performance at Ohio St. Not sure if it translates here, but he might be worth a look.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The one thing I like about Todd Haley is the fact that he does have a deep connection to Pittsburgh and would bring an appreciation for our history with him. I'm sick of this new school mentality that everyone seems to be adapting. You can still have success with good old fashioned high percentage plays in this league. Just check out the 49ers. They are playing as fundamental as it gets and they are still in it at this very moment. They really are playing OUR football. Hard hitting D. Bruising running game. High percentage passes. Good Field goal kicker. Todd Haley did use that model in KC as well. However, in Arizona they were as pass happy as it gets. So who knows dude.

9. silverbackforpres

silverbackforpres Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Cam is awful. He is just as opposed to running as Ba. Both are stubborn and don't adapt to personel. The reality is rice is a top 5 back. They choose to use him less. Cam wants to mimick the pats saints model but they don't have the personel . Cam would be a step back. We have the pieces to have a dominate offense if o line stays healthy and improves. Please no Cam

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    NO on Cam Cameron. And Diehardsteel.... you need to change your avatar or I'm going to vomit.

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry 58 but it's my good luck charm. I changed it to him as a way to protest and he miraculously "resigned" the very next day! :swordsman:

12. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Knox, as an Ohio boy, and a Buckeye fan, I am shocked that it never occured to me to think of Tressel as a candidate.
    He would certainly bring a balanced, fundamental approach to the game.
    I am not sure if he is imaginative enough to take full advantage of the talent we have here, though.
    The more I think about it, the more I`m not sure if he would be a good fit, or not...
    He would definitely be better in situational playcalling, as far as getting first downs, as opposed to taking gambles when they are unnecessary.
    He would probably be better in red-zone scoring, as he has been somewhat unpredictable, and unorthodox, when the time calls for it.
    He doesn`t just try to do the opposite of what the defense expects, he occasionally does something completely out of character, and unexpected from his usual tendencies, just when you think you know exactly what he is going to do...
    Not constantly, which would defeat the purpose, just once in a blue moon, when it actually DOES completely shock the defense.
    He also has shown a good ability to adjust his schemes/playcalling, to suit the players he happens to have on the team at a given time.
    All of which seems like what we would want in our O.C.
    The only downside I can think of, is how "boring" our fans would find his conservative(most of the time), but effective approach to winning a football game.
    I do believe he would bring us good results, just not necessarily, an "exciting", explosively point scoring offense.
    He was always known, for not "running up the score" against an inferior opponent.
    He would have to realize that in this league, there are no "inferior" opponents, and the more you can score, even on quick strikes, as opposed to long sustained drives, the better.
    I am truly not sure how he would do at this level.
    He did coach teams with less talent than the Buckeyes, but I doubt if he ever had to play a full season, where every team he faced was darn near as good as his.(Which is the case in the NFL, no matter how much I want to believe the Steelers are by far the best team in the league, and should crush every opponent, like a bug. ;) )
    All in all, I would be interested to see how he would do.
    The fact that it hasn`t even been rumored, or been rumored that other teams were interested(other than one article I read about him becoming head coach in Indy)leads me to believe there are better candidates available, and most teams in the league believe they can do better than him.
    I`m thinking I have a personal bias towards him, having watched him coach for years.
    However, I`m not convinced that any of the usual suspects in this conversation are hands down, definitely a given, to do better than he would.

13. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

100% correct he didnt use rice enough.. too many games he got 12 - 15 carries