1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Whitworth says it's the NFL's fault there was a pregame fight...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I saw that one, it amused me.

I think Whitworth's comments just don't ring true with the way Burfict carried himself. Yeah, I get that things shouldn't be taken off the football field, and if someone's making 'death threats' that's not cool. But neither was the way Burfict conducted himself on every play.

Mind you, Marvin Lewis is probably looking at the 11 tackle stat and wishing more opponents riled Burfict up pre-game.

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Exactly.
    Stupid on Williams part and Whitworth is right that the league should have doled out a fine. But by blaming Goodell, he's saying that Burfict would not have done what he did if Williams would've gotten a fine. Ah...bull****.

Whitworth is a union rep and he's killing two birds here....defending his teammate and taking a shot at the boss.

3. Steel 1370 C

Steel 1370 C Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Let's don't act like we are all innocent... I hate Burfict too, but you have to admit we got lucky when Mitchell took out Eifert helmet to helmet. Could have easily been ejected for that. Them losing Andy and Eifert was a major help in us getting the win in Cincy. Think it would have been a real dogfight with both of them. This series has gotten chippy again and very similar to 2005.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  4. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And just for the record, Burfict should have been thrown out in the first quarter for kicking another player, but, you know, the steelers are all gangsta. Shut up pacman. Once a *****, always a *****.
    Wasn't helmet to helmet....he hit his shoulder, and that forced eiferts helmet to the turf hard.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Easily? Has that even happened in the NFL? Heck, Pacman didn't even get ejected for this.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I need to print out a few hundred copies of this and hand them out at work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    yep I'm sure Kirkpatrick is just there making sure Cooper is ok as well. Team full of gentleman the Bungles are.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We were a team of Ghandis out there compared to Cincy that game. And I don't see how Mitchel could easily be thrown out for his hit on Eifert, don't think I have ever seen a player ejected for that. That was a football play, nothing dirty or cheap about that hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

So in other words he only meant he would shoot him and not kill em lol..

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'll ask it again....How is this whack off even allowed in the league? He's got to be on his 6th strike. He should've been banned twice by now. But Josh Gordon, he smokes a few doobies and he's pretty much done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Whitworth and the bungles are just another bunch of entitled ghetto kids that blame their actions on others. These consumnate "victims" are really getting annoying in this society. They should shut their hole and take responsibility for what they do and quit blaming THEIR, SELF induced, problems on others.

12. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Whitworth is a D-bag!