1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we still win the North?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Probably not since they need to lose to the Ravens. I don't see them doing us any favors and screwing up a better draft pick.

2. Steel 1370 C

Steel 1370 C Member

Dec 14, 2015
    No way they lose to two awful teams... Ravens and Niners blow!! Our best bet is wild card. Hoping we can somehow pull one out vs the Broncos.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well at least he can return and shovel pass all game long...oh wait - that didn't work too well against the Steelers ....never mind. :rolleyes:

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, the Steelers can still win the AFC North. I believe they'll need some help though (losses from Cincinnati/KC/Denver)... most (if not all) of the relevant scenarios involve the Steelers winning out.

I believe they can do it.

The important point is this: The Steelers can get a wild card if they win out regardless of what the other teams do. So, that should be the team's focus: control what they can control; which is winning the remainder of the games on their schedule.

For some reason, I think all this team needs is to get into the playoffs and they'll make noise.

As others have said, O needs to keep their foot on the gas (protect the ball, get 6 instead of 3, etc.), and the D needs to be as sharp as they can be (open field tackling; closing out 3rd downs, etc.). If they do that, then I think this team can beat any of the other 31 teams (either at home or away) on any given day.