1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Arians Retires

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Frick32, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thankx for the effort BA. I certainly was not a supported of yours. Good luck wiht life. Now, hopefully we can get someone who understands situational playcalling!!

2. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Wow, I must be dreaming!

3. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank god. I'll be the first to admit i was wrong if we don't improve without him, and you can hold me to that.
    But, thank ****ing god. Jesus holy christ.

:yeehaw:

4. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Post Gazette:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12020/1204846-42.stm

He's gone. Steeler Nation is rejoicing. Thank you lord. We will not have to suffer with his non sense any more.

I don't even care who the next OC will be as long as it wasn't Arians.

Now we can get on with life after BRUCE ARIANS!!!!!

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

Keep that one in your back pocket, just in case...

6. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    AMEN, AMEN, AND AMEN!!!!

7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The one flipping day I forget to check my phone at lunch!!! It's about freaking time! Honestly I think I'm still in shock that this is even actually happening.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    FINALLY! FINALLY! I CAN HEAR THE HALLELEUIAH CHORUS! I CAN HEAR ANGELS! I TOOK A SICK DAY 2DAY BUT SUDDENLY I FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE IN YEARS! IT TOOK 5 LONG YEARS BUT FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLY BA MADE A GOOD CALL!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's funny. I was sitting at a red light on my way home from work today. Was listening to Sirius NFL radio, and they mentioned Arians retired. I yelled YES at the top of my lungs 3 or 4 times, pumped my fist in the air a couple times then smacked my dashboard. Only then did I look over and see the person in the car next to me staring like I was insane. Didn't bother me though, I was and still am ecstatic.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought Randy Fitchner would be the heir, but Bouchette was saying if it wan't for the unfortunate event Tomlin actually promised the job Kirby Wilson would be the new OC???!?

I'm sorry, god bless him for what he has to go through, but what credentials did he had to be the new OC???

11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    That said: the Steelers have a problem on their hands, now. I didn't like Arians, but now comes the hard part. How do you find a coach who comes in with a clear offensive philosophy that Ben won't resist? Furthermore, how does Tomlin or Colbert or even Art III convince Ben that he needs to change some of the things he does on the field?

The issue is that Tomlin fumbled this from the start by promoting Arians and not getting someone to set a tone, not only with the offense, but with Ben. Now Ben is entering his ninth year, and we're expecting him to change his game. If the Steelers merely promote Fitchner, it's going to be more of the same.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If Ben resists the changes that a new OC brings in, then the new OC should sit Ben on the bench until he comes around. If Ben doesn't want to be a team player, then as far as I'm concerned he can be cut and can look for employment elsewhere. I'd rather have a mediocre QB than one who refuses to do anything that benefits the team unless he feels it benefits him personally. I have no time for a Terrell Owens on our team.

13. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I love Ben, but I have to agree with you. That doesn't mean you intentionally piss Ben off, but it doesn't mean you kneel at his feet either.

14. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Agreed 100%. We need someone from outside with a strong personality that will not kowtow to Ben. Someone who knows how to run the ball and how to play to Ben's strengths whilst not making him the focus of the offense. Honestly my vote is for Todd Haley. I give him a mulligan for this year, as injuries demolished his team. He obviously knows how to make something out of nothing offensively, so I would love to see him work with our group.

15. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Who do we bring in to replace him?I hope and pray it's the right guy for the job?If not,We could be worse off in the long run? :praying:

16. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I only wish Kev Dude was here. I'd love to read his to comments. :hehehe:

17. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our offense is stagnant and has been predictable for a few years now. It was time for a change.

18. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i want Whiz back :cry:

19. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :lolol: This thread is getting more hits than any gameday thread I've seen recently!

20. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
  21. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The telegram just isn't as fast as it used to be. Plus the young whipper snapper was having trouble translating the Morse code.

22. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    "change isn't always a good thing." - obamanation

23. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    "he OBVIOUSLY knows how to make something out of nothing offensively . . . ?" based on what?!?!

24. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    HALLEIGHLUYA!!!!
    or however you spell, "Thank You God"!!!
    I had this link saved, to show some of the Arian`s supporters, that SOMEONE agrees with them.
    I didn`t realize it was a done deal, till I read this thread, so here is the link for the Arians supporters...
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12020/1204705-87-0.stm
    Personally, I don`t know who is a good candidate to replace him, but I honestly believe almost ANYONE(Including some posters here), could do a better job with the talent we have, than he did!!!
    YES!YES!YES!

25. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    wow.

have they scheduled the victory parade yet?