1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Arians Retires

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Frick32, Jan 20, 2012.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Just a couple of things to say here for me.

1. Bruce, I thank you for your hard work. I thank you for helping us win a Super Bowl and get to another.

2. Who they hire I believe will tell us what kind of retirement this is. Stay with Fitchner, it is a vote for the status quo. Same offense, Ben still ruling the roost. If they go outside the organization to hire an OC, it tells us this was more of Rooney being fed up with the situation we currently sit in.

3. If we hire Fitchner we won't know if those of us who called for his removal are right or wrong unless we are told that the offense is changing some. I do believe that Batch could become the QB coach if Fitchner is promoted.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    NFL.com has it now and other than the press release no one is saying anything different. I just checked FOXsports and nothing yet.

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Their journalists are furiously writing as we speak.

4. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Now we will see if the awful playcalling in key situations was him, or if it is Ben. I pray it is the former cuz if 7 is calling those 8 WR screens per game, we are in trouble.

5. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :amen:

I think this is the happiest day of my life as a Steelers fan.

6. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here's a recent statement from Ben:

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said before the team’s playoff loss to the Broncos that he thinks it would be “crazy” for the Steelers to change the offense. So he’ll surely be hoping the team promotes someone from in-house to replace Arians.

Sorry but if Ben wants Fichtner, then we need to go outside the organization. Does anyone really think Fichtner will stand up to Ben and make him "modify some things in how he plays" as Art II said he wanted? I don't think so. It will be business as usual, including using BA's old playbook - all 5 plays (3 pass & 2 runs). Time to get creative and reach higher, outside the organization!

:flag:

7. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Really 6 Super Bowl wins - and THIS is the happiest day? I can count those 6 as happier days - along with the 8 Conference Championship wins.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    why would you think he's BA's boy? fichtner had his own offense that was very good. he made average players into a very good offense at memphis. these were not blue chippers he turned around there. ben has never played well with any qb coach we have had. maybe it's not all the coach. with that said, good luck BA, but i'm glad it's over. :cool:

9. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    It was posted to steelers.com and the post-gazette with an official Tomlin briefing.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    A step in the right direction. If we get a BA clone, including anyone on the O coaching staff already, then we start the F.M.T.I. threads.

12. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Fichtner will get the job, but Tomlin will inform him that we need to improve red zone scoring immediately and we need a little more balance.

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Ron Cook is saying that the heir apparent was Kirby Wilson, but thats highly unlikely now. Says that Fitchner isnt ready and they will go outside the organization.

14. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Rooney finally made the decision to let Bruce go. They did the honorable thing and told him to retire IMO instead of Tomlin having to fire him. Just my .02.
    Either way I did not want to see him return next season. We all seen what he is capable of and now its time to move on.
    Congrats to him on his success but much of it was in spite of his accomplishments.
    I look forward to the change next year.
    With the amount of talent on this offense, there is no doubt they underachieved this season in scoring.
    Hopefully we get back to running hte ball consistently with a fullback in there.

15. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm so happy. I almost feel like we won the Superbowl!!!! YES!!!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Good Riddance :wave:

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  17. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Goodbye Bruce ERRORENS! :swordsman: :yeehaw: :clapping:

18. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Hey guys - just wonderin' - anything new going on in Steeler Nation today?

19. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :shrug: S O S Nuttin new! ;)

20. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Oh. O.K. Just thought I'd ask. Never know when news might break about our beloved Steelers. Keep me posted.

21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :thumbsup: NP :lolol:

22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I feel like we just won the Super bowl :bowdown: :bowdown: , I can't believe one of my many wishes just came true, now If my other wish of hooking up with a playboy model comes true this will be a day to remember.

thank you Bruce for raising my blood pressure on many occasions ,and my ulcers thank you too. now go away enjoy your retirement on Mars

23. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Good riddance, Mr. "run, run, pass"

Won't see me shedding any tears!

24. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Again, I'll say REALLY???!!!! This particular bit of news, while interesting, exciting, and certainly reason to be positive for the future can't even TOUCH the feelings that I had after each Super Bowl. Not even close! I was even more excited after each Conference Championship.

25. Avoid Lloyd

Avoid Lloyd Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bye bye, Bruce. Go pack your bags and don't forget to take your stupid bubble screens with you. :clapping: