1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now we find out.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Nov 8, 2015.

1. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    This pic cracks me up for some reason.

[​IMG]

2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea but also seen the HOF quarterback who plays somwhere outside of Boston throw 40 yard laser with pinpoint accuracy. Don't think our Backup can do that. But your right he should be throwing 7 yard slants and let the receivers do the rest. That is also his best throw and most accurate.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Almost sounds like a, you know, a line out of Fargo. (couldn't find the wood-chipper or butcher saw emoticons)

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    He's obviously handing off to the diminutive Dri Archer.

5. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Jones gives us the best chance but Hailey needs to not call idiotic plays that only Ben can complete. I'm sure Jones knows the entire playbook but that doesn't mean they should call exotic plays. We don't need to get cute just a regular football

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Is he punting it?

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I personally...think its gonna be a long day. Fact ...he can come in at the end of the game and pull out a win. Fact 2, he looked bad starting a whole game. High passes...short passes...missing wide open receivers

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The coaches didn't help him out much on that outing... Too inconsistent with the play calling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's true.

10. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Actually not to get in a debate about Brady, but Brady has never been a guy who throws a great deep ball and he has never been a guy who throws 20 yard routes on a rope. And yes there were those years with Randy Moss but keep in mind Moss made Dante Culpepper look like a Pro Bowler. Brady is awesome because of how he evaluates defenses pre-snap and because he has made a science of taking what the defense gives you until he catches you napping then he hits you with a big play. LeBeau used to say most qb's cannot consistently move the ball 80 yards down the field in 10 yard chunks, but a few guys can and nobody does it better than Brady.

11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, in the last couple of years Brady relies more on the 10 yard chunks. I still can't get it out of my mind, but several years ago during those playoffs and championship games Brady threw a few long touchdowns in Zero degree weather in our stadium. Some of our worst heart broken defeats.

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

13. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I know one of the long passes in that game was the play action where DeShea Townsend bit badly and Deion Branch was absolutely wide open in the middle of the field for the TD. That is also one of the plays where some think NE had the Steeler defense signals and knew that DeShea would run blitz. Who knows.

By the way - here is a stat for you that kind of confirms what I said about Brady about not being a great deep thrower. In his first 5 Super Bowls Brady threw 20 passes that went 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. He completed one. And in the victory over the Seahawks where Brady threw 50 passes only 10 went 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage - of those passes, one was thrown for a TD to Gronk (a beautiful pass), 2 were intercepted, and the other 7 were incompletions.

Guys like Rodgers, Ben can sling the ball downfield much better than Brady can.

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think Jones will have a good game. He will need to or else we are in trouble. Maybe it's an omen that the point spread on this game (Steelers 4.5 favorite) is the same number as the game against Oakland. Maybe that means a similar close Steeler victory. I don't believe in that stuff but it is strange since 4.5 is a little bit of an unusual spread. If anyone is interested the over/under was 41 points. I'm recovered from last week so I think I try half of my normal bet on the Steelers to win and the other half on the under. Can't do any worse than last week.

15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yep that's one of the games, couldn't think of his name but it was a bomb to Deion Branch. I Agree, that it did look fishy about the defense's signal. We will never know for sure but looking back it was a strange game.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    landry has the best QB rating on the team right now. just saying.:cool:

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!: 100% cop. Let Jones dink and dunk. Let the "play makers" get the yac. And give the ball to DW ALOT. No reason we cant beat the Stains with Jones at QB!!

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    D-Will is nursing a foot ailment, a heavy workload may not be the best idea. I suggest a busy day for Heath.

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    OK. Im all for a 8-10 catch game for 83. But we still have to run the ball this game with success!!

20. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    maybe better than Berry?

21. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    nice