1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did the official Steelers board get shut down?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ScottChab, Jan 14, 2012.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Same here. Don't mind Scott, he likes to take the opposing point of view.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Blah, blah, blah.

1) Show me how this is the official Steelers message board.
    2) I don't like taking the opposing point of view, I have an opinion just like everyone else. Sometimes it is the same as the majority and sometimes it isn't.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I definitely agree with most of the peoples thoughts/etc here. I'm the one who actually started the petition that Knox mentioned. While I didnt get the letters to the team sent out as early as I had planned, they still have been sent...if something comes of them, who knows. While I may not blame the entire organization like some as far as being treated this way and such...I wouldnt be surprised if their web people just let it fade away (and the higher ups have/had no clue)...as long as the site was current/etc then thats all that mattered, they let the MB and other features they may not have cared to keep up fade away. We shall see if the current "issue" is permanent or the MB taking another one of its dives. I hope its not the end...as in reality I kinda liked our smaller community there...most (if not all) the diehard regulars new each other and what they brought to the table and so on. Its hard to do that when you have tons upon tons of people like it seems to have here (not talking bad about this place or anything). If this does end up being the "Home to former official MB members" then so be it...I just hope the yearly MB Draft I run doesnt get a ton of new people who acted like beastly did last year...hahahahaha.

As a side not...and this isnt any offense to Cajun...but did anyone else laugh when reading the who "A" "D" "S" word stuff? Hahah...it just made me laugh and made me think of like a 1st grader or something (again no offense Cajun), haha.

4. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    In all seriousness, if the old MB was functioning properly and allowing people to register like it should have been, it probably wouldn't have been so small and slow moving. ;) I think this one has grown so quickly because all Steelers fans can register and participate now like we have always wanted to. I don't post much, but it sure is nice to have the option. :D Thanks TTF! :cool:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Man you can be a real stick in the mud :beee:

6. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    It wasn't meant to be mean, I was just stating fact. ;-)

I like this place and most of the members and I'm really glad TTF set it up. :rawk:

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Exactly...while we all have complained about how it sucked or whatever...thats the one and only thing i sometimes liked about it no allowing 10000000 people on and all (no offense to those who couldnt register though).

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha, just kidding with ya :taunt:

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    LOL! Thanks for making my point Scott. Just having fun, don't take it so seriously.

10. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, it's really easy to tell intent from one statement.

11. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Ha, just kidding with ya :taunt:[/quote:86pjvzvl]

I know you were based on your use and my use of the smilies. :thumbs_up:

By the way - I prefer "anchor on the funboat" to "stick in the mud". :thumbsup:

12. Azhriaz

Azhriaz Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Weird, this link actually loaded today but any linked pages came up with "no web page associated with this address."

http://news.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/

Pretty sad that this organization cant spare enough to pay someone a decent web salary to maintain their online presence.

13. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I hadn't noticed that!
    Until september, I used to check that board once or twice a week, and was an active member. Since coming here, I rarely went there.

This ship sailed just in time!
    IF that had happened 3 or 4 months ago, many of us wouldn't be here.

Thanks to our Captain TTF for building this nice place for all of us!

14. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

By the way - I prefer "anchor on the funboat" to "stick in the mud". :thumbsup:[/quote:2zeeimwf]
    It's so hard to get a read on you, Scott. First I thought you were a jerk, then I thought you were just negative, then I thought you were just contrary, then I thought you were just hyper-"accurate" and "right" about everything, except you're not always either of those things. I've been trying to figure out who you remind me of for awhile, and I think I have it now. Data, from Star Trek. And this is putting the best possible spin on it for you. It's like you were born without the ability to understand human emotion. I mean, NO SH*T this isn't the official Steelers message board, considering it says right on it "Not to be confused with the official Steelers message board," on top of all the other reasons. It was obviously (yes, even via the internet it was obvious) an exclamation of satisfaction with this board and a compliment to TTF. And yet you felt compelled to break it down for him that he was wrong. You do this all the time, whether the person is obviously wrong or obviously kidding, or even obviously right but you feel like being contradictory if there's a case to be made.

I can see it now, a teenage ScottChab on a date with his first girlfriend...

"Oh Scott, you're the best!"

"The best what?"

"I don't know... Just the best."

"Well, my natural assumption is that you think I am the best person, or the best boyfriend. This is hardly the case. There have been many men that would qualify by most standards as better than me, both throughout history as well as alive today. George Washington, Martin Luther King Jr., and Leonardo di Vinci, just to name a few. And there are just as many men that contribute greatness to society today. Fred Rogers, for example, not only changes the lives of children in a positive way on a daily basis, but his testimony to the Supreme Court is helping to secure the freedom of VCR machinery, an important leap forward in not only the evolution of technology, but also the quality of life for those families who cannot always watch their favorite live television programs together. I concede that at my current young age it could hardly be expected of me to be the best, and with my considerable future ahead of me, there is a miniscule chance that I could eventually become the best. But given the staggering population of the world today, the odds are just too small for you to just assume that I am or will ever be the best. You're wrong."

"I think we should see other people."

"What other people? I can see over a dozen people from where I am now. You want to see other people? What's wrong with these ones?"

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You just described Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory." :roflmao:

16. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

By the way - I prefer "anchor on the funboat" to "stick in the mud". :thumbsup:[/quote:22rzqgzy]
    It's so hard to get a read on you, Scott. First I thought you were a jerk, then I thought you were just negative, then I thought you were just contrary, then I thought you were just hyper-"accurate" and "right" about everything, except you're not always either of those things. I've been trying to figure out who you remind me of for awhile, and I think I have it now. Data, from Star Trek. And this is putting the best possible spin on it for you. It's like you were born without the ability to understand human emotion. I mean, NO SH*T this isn't the official Steelers message board, considering it says right on it "Not to be confused with the official Steelers message board," on top of all the other reasons. It was obviously (yes, even via the internet it was obvious) an exclamation of satisfaction with this board and a compliment to TTF. And yet you felt compelled to break it down for him that he was wrong. You do this all the time, whether the person is obviously wrong or obviously kidding, or even obviously right but you feel like being contradictory if there's a case to be made.

I can see it now, a teenage ScottChab on a date with his first girlfriend...

"Oh Scott, you're the best!"

"The best what?"

"I don't know... Just the best."

"Well, my natural assumption is that you think I am the best person, or the best boyfriend. This is hardly the case. There have been many men that would qualify by most standards as better than me, both throughout history as well as alive today. George Washington, Martin Luther King Jr., and Leonardo di Vinci, just to name a few. And there are just as many men that contribute greatness to society today. Fred Rogers, for example, not only changes the lives of children in a positive way on a daily basis, but his testimony to the Supreme Court is helping to secure the freedom of VCR machinery, an important leap forward in not only the evolution of technology, but also the quality of life for those families who cannot always watch their favorite live television programs together. I concede that at my current young age it could hardly be expected of me to be the best, and with my considerable future ahead of me, there is a miniscule chance that I could eventually become the best. But given the staggering population of the world today, the odds are just too small for you to just assume that I am or will ever be the best. You're wrong."

"I think we should see other people."

"What other people? I can see over a dozen people from where I am now. You want to see other people? What's wrong with these ones?"[/quote:22rzqgzy]

:roflmao: I know. I'm afraid to agree with Scott on any of his opinions because I know he'll find a logical / factual way to disagree with my agreement of his initial opinion :lolol:

17. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm a logical person, I'm a numbers guy (I do market research and analytics for a living) and my friends often call me the voice of reason. While I love the Steelers, I don't have black and gold glasses on that block out facts. I also like to have dicsussions/debates. If someone makes a statement like "this is the official message board of the Steelers" and it clearly isn't, I'm going to say something about it and see nothing wrong with it. I think people should say what is on their mind instead of holding back to avoid pissing someone off or to just go along with the popular opinion. I certainly don't think I know everything or think my opinion is always right but I will try to back my opinion up with facts and not bias just because I'm a Steelers fan.

I also realize that there are other teams and players in the NFL that are as good or better than the Steelers and their players. I don't hate other teams (it's a waste of energy) but I do hate some fans ofsome teams (cough... Eagles... cough) because of the way they act. I hate TD celebrations (I don't dance around the conference room at work after I nail a presentation) because the guy who scored did his job that he gets paid a ****-ton (technical term) of money to do.

I know I can rub people the wrong way (and I'm fine with that) but 2 of my very good friends thought I was a jerk when they first met me... then they got to know me and realized that they were wrong. I'm fun to hang out with, love to laugh and make others laugh, I like to help those who need help (I volunteer a lot of time and donate more than my fair share) and I'm very protective of the things that matter the most - family and friends.

Go Steelers!

18. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Offical MB

Anyone having problems with the old offical MB,I cant seem to bring it up any suggestions?

19. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Re: Offical MB

Sorry guys,just saw the thread on this subject

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    "The Unofficial Official Steelers message board"

21. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It literally blows me away that the "Official Pittsburgh Steeler Message Board" has either been shut down, or hasn't functioned properly for what seems like forever. The 6x Super Bowl Champs don't have a properly functioning Message Board-website...are you kidding me ! How embarrassing. I struggled to simply log in when I was there. Thank goodness for this site as it has the look and feel of an official Steeler message board.

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm banned from that site without ever registering for it. :shrug:

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This IS the Official Pittsburgh Steelers Message Board, just don't ask Scott. I never got the fancination with the old board, it was a pile of garbage. I guess some people feel like maybe they are more a part of the team if they are on a board produced by the Steelers. You know what I say to that? .... :bscow:

24. Docsteelholiday

Docsteelholiday Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Whatever Happened to Steelers Message Board

The Steelers Home message board on the Steelers site? Havent been able to access it since June

I must have had over 12,000 posts there dating back to 2000 :hmmm:

Is there an Official Replacement board?

Thanks

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It was just a message board..
    Most of the people that made it the MB to go to for steeler discussions are now here.