1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cortez

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Cortez Allen placed on the IR so Murphy can move up from the taxi squad. Why not IR Vick? Surely we're done with him at this point?

Does this mean Cotez will be cut in the offseason?

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Who? Vick or Cortez? LOL!

3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I meant Vick originally, but it could refer to both of them. I'm sure we're done with Vick after this year, but I think this may be the end of Allen too. I had high hopes for this guy. I hope he gets a shot at redemption at camp next year.

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Cortez should have been cut this off season. Really don't follow WTF they're doing with him.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    His year for redemption was this year and this is what happened. It's not his fault he's injured, but this is not what you need from a player you put money into.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Talk about stealing money, Cortez hasn't done anything since getting that big contract. His knee injury is that bad? It's not like he tore any ligaments or anything. Cut this bum and take the cap hit.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    So this means that tomorrow Vick will be out, Ben will be out, Landry will start, and Murphy will be an active backup? Dang we've had some roster shakeups this year!

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Interesting - and frustrating - move.

There's something going on with Cortez, and evidently the team aren't going to shout about it. I wouldn't think this necessarily means he's cut in the off-season, but it doesn't look promising.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Got to be something else going on. I haven't seen any surgeries listed or planned and this has been going on for too long. One knee then confidence issues and then other knee?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

No Ben and No Vick

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I dont care what others say about you BFT.. your alright and you have a good head on your shoulders

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    an expensive whiff by our front office on tez. the boykin situation and draft pick loss. neither draft pick on the roster. the misses every year on corners in the draft. the safety situation. KC needs to fix this mess he's created once and for all. this has really strapped what would be a contender. :cool:

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    We lost a pick with the Scobee debacle too right?

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Allen was on the questionable list with some kind of knee injury so may that's why he got put on IR. Agree with another poster that there's something weird going on with him. $8 million for nada.

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Boykin can play no doubt... Don't know what our coaches are doing but they sure haven't justified their arrangement by throwing him on the sidelines.

Something about our pickers and choosers when it comes to DBs boggles my mind. Last thing I want to see is a corner taken #1 as I don't have the faith that they wouldn't cut him.
    Or put him on the bench etc.... For whatever concocted reason is available.

Tomlin preaches next man up vomitously, only proves it in injury, or by mentioning supposed injuries... Never best man up in these scenarios

17. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I heard Allen has splinters and bed sores. They're very painful... :thumbs up:

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I wonder if Allen is seeing the same shrink as Sweed. :shrug:

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Cortez and Golson are the only CBs under contract for 2016 :facepalm:. They will probably cut Cortez then he goes to another team like New England, and then he becomes a good player.

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I thought the only thing wrong with Cortez Allen was his head. The Shark may be next with head issues. That's a real shame as these were two guys they were counting on coming into this season. :facepalm:

22. moonface

moonface Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Totally agree with Dobbler-33s comments what is it with this team and corner backs.
    Also there attitude to not letting someone on to the field to see if they can play.
    Pro Football on Doran Grant- Good move Grant is a player, a true bargain so low. Could wind up starting this year.
    But a stat I find not funny Antwon Blakes 70 yard touchdown return against San Diego was the longest interception return since 9/26/10 at Tampa Bay by Brett Keisel.
    No wonder Brady has a field day with this team.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is going to hurt,we are strapped.

24. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    I can tell you that. They are deeply regretting their decision to give him that contract. But going into the season they couldn't bring themselves to cutting him and eating that money without giving him a last ditch effort. Said effort was obviously an immediate failure. He's on IR now for somewhat mysterious circumstances which basically means he is cut already.

25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They threw money at the Meltdown due to no other options. I didn't really see anything that warranted that contract. It was an appeasement for losing Keenan Lewis.

Then Meltdown gets put on IR LAST season, they pay him a 3 mill bonus this season and now, from QUESTIONABLE TO IR again? I believe the problem is not injury related.

Should have been cut before this season but I understand business and they have a chunk of dough thrown his way. But now it's time to cut the loss and move on.

As Mac said and some of us me included have been beating the drum for this organization to draft impact secondary players.

I liked the Dupree pick and believe he will get better with time, heck he is better then Jones at this point, but I wanted Marcus Peters. This would have been a start. Next draft it's time to pay attention to this position. Yes they did draft a CB in the 2nd this year who is also on IR so we don't know what he can bring to the table yet.