1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gameball after W @SD

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Vick

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Bell

58 vote(s)
    77.3%
  3. Wheaton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Heyward-Bey

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. H Miller

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Blake

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Boswell

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. J Jones

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. Dupree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Berry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I picked Bell but I have to give an honorable mention to Dupree. I really thought the guy was a one man wrecking crew. Yes, he played like a rookie at times but, at other times, he was a force. The whole defense really impressed me tonight, for that matter.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I voted Bell, but my finger hovered over both JJ and Heath momentarily, Heath more for his steady blocking than receiving. I agree with Snack on Vick. The guy was an utter joke for most of the night, and while the scramble and the final pass to Heath were nicely done, the TD to Wheaton was more about terrible coverage and Wheaton running a good route than Vick throwing a good pass. All Vick had to do was get the ball into the same zip code that Wheaton was running through.

Come to think of it, maybe I should give the game ball to Wheaton for that play and for breaking up interceptions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Our new KICKER!!!!! He did not miss on a big stage MNF!!!!!!

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think this is a run away with Bell but was nice to see Jarvis make some plays. Are there a better set of D-ends in football, man these guys never stop. Very nice win, keep it going.......

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, I gave my vote to Vick, but it really should be Bell. I watched the game with a Colts and a Eagles fan, They were saying the same thing all game "Why are they having Vick roll out/throw the sideline out to the right?". When they started letting him throw his natural motion, he started getting in a rhythm. That's all coaching there. Scrub those sideline routes! He can't throw them with consistency so stop trying to give the other team picks!

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The sigh of relief I gave when that FG went through was probably audible across the Atlantic.

7. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    The timing routes are also off. Vick needs time to see how the receiver's routes are developing. Our big plays came when he had time and space to survey the field and make a decision.

That's not going to be possible against Arizona, unfortunately.

8. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    Incidentally, I voted Bell, but if I had two votes I would have gone for Blake.

We'll all remember Vick's last drive, but Blake's pick 6 was a momentum changer. After that, the defense stepped up considerably, and it kept us in the game while the offense was stumbling.

I didn't vote for him in the end because his twatting about on the return almost cost us the TD.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's the main problem. He's not a plug and play substitute for Ben. The receivers need to adjust their timing for how he sees the field and their breaks need to be different for his throwing motion. They need to roll him out to the left to get him the vision he needs. He's just not going to be able to hit the outs like Ben does.

On one of those plays to Brown that would have been a quick check with Ben and a fake back-shoulder throw with him getting behind the defender. Brown broke like it was Ben throwing it and attempted at first to get behind the defender, but then realized what he was doing and the pass was incomplete and looked terrible.

10. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Yes, me too. I think that built his confidence and I hope he can continue for the rest of the year. Plus his kick offs went deep into the endzone. I like that.

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I give it to Bell. They knew who was getting that ball 70% of the time, and he still had a big game.
    Hats off to the defense. They are coming together as a unit, and are far better than any of us thought they
    would be.

12. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. The Defense was on the field time after time due to the Offensive stalls due to Vick. Gassed, but came to play. Not always pretty but got the Offense the ball back time after time. This could have been a blowout with Ben. Needed this win and the Defense was a huge part of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lambert's Lunatic58

Lambert's Lunatic58 Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Bell is the easy answer, but I'm going to go a little different on you. I'd give it to Tomlin for having the guts to make the call for the running play. Yes, it was a major gamble, but we are the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!! We have established our identity as a smash-mouth running team with a suffocating defense. We've gotten a little away from that recently, but I absolutely love that we won that game on the final play on the road RUNNING THE FOOTBALL!!! Tip of the cap to Tomlin for calling it and thank you Bell for extending that football!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Game ball should go to the lineman who blocked the pass attempt from Rivers to Allen over the middle in the 4th. I believe it was Cam Heyward but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm? if that pass is completed it's a completely different game because he was almost definitely scoring a TD on that play.

16. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, actually the defense gave up scores on all 3 possessions that followed Blake's int....

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Individual goes to Bell.

Defensive unit should get one as well. They are giving me hope that we may be in this things still when Ben gets back.

Lot of people are getting giddy with Vicks 120 seconds of good ball. He plays like that against Arizona, it wont be close enough for any late game heroics.

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree about Vick's TD, which most would say was his best play of the night. Wheaton was so open, it was really just about not completely blowing it.

But I didn't want to be seen as piling on and criticizing a 72 yard TD pass.

Always nice to see Jarvis and Heath come up with big plays.

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I chose Bell since Ben wasn't an option (for drawing up the winning play from the sidelines).

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but if Vick had played in qts 1,2 and 3 like he did 4. Would have never been close. He better stop talking to my cuz (Haley) and grab Bell, my other cuz. Mac and TTF can answer why he is called cuz but really ain't. Then both run straight to get Ben's wisdom when the D is out there. Remember if Vick is playing good all 4 qtrs. Our Defense would have never got tired.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it was Timmons who blocked the pass attempt.

25. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011