1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gameball after W vs SF

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 20, 2015.

1. B Roethlisberger

28 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. DeAngelo Williams

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. A Brown

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. D Heyward-Bey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. H Miller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. O-Line

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Heyward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tuitt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Shazier

23 vote(s)
    37.7%
  10. DBs

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    All of them. I haven't enjoyed watching the D that much in a long time. Granted Kap stinks and the final stats don't look great but I was very happy with the effort. I need to watch again but Mitchell and Boykin looked good as well.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    gameball for me goes to deangelo hall

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I wanted to pick AB, but I had to go with Ben. He was just incredible today.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Heyward had a great game too!

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Shazier was a one man wrecking crew today. He gets my game ball. Plus he showed great leadership and emotion.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Shazier he was making plays all over the field, that's why they drafted him.

7. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    So you're saying you'd give one to Cam Thomas???

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks AB is uncoverable, simply the best football player on the field most days.

9. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I went Shazier. He was all over the field and when he left the game because of his shoulder you could tell a difference in the D.

Why not AB? He dropped a pass. Yeah the ball was under-thrown, but it hit his hands. Yeah, the DB was all over him, but if he would have caught that one he would have had over 200 yards receiving and I just don't think he cared about that. LOL (yes sarcasm)

Why not Ben? He only had 369 yards of passing after a 1st half where he had over 200 yards throwing the ball. He packed it in at half-time and you could see as well that he just did not care about going over 500 yards of passing. LOL(yes sarcasm again).

All three of them deserve the GB!!!!

Mike

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I went Shazier. I'm rooting for the off-chance that his spark will spark other players for the year. We need that in our defense!

11. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben played outstanding. Like Snack said, we sometimes take that for granted.

I was also impressed with Shaziers play as well. And of course, the o-line is really looking good. I thought we came together as a solid unit today and looked good on multiple fronts. Gotta give it up to MT also for having these boys ready to roll.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I voted Ben, but you need a half dozen game balls for yesterday's performance. Shazier, Tuitt, AB, Heath...cut the last one up and spread it out among the rest.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Some of the comments here make me chuckle. I sincerely hope its forgetting to use "green font"

People act like the niners are a varsity high school team we beat down.. Check the stats on the amount of times the niners have played and won against the steelers. Steelers have played San Fran 20 times since 1950 something and of those 20 times the Steelers have won 9 times.

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I picked Ben too but Shazier was killing it yesterday. There was a play where he told Harrison he was out of position. Did you notice it? James had lined up on the left side and Shazier told him to get on the right side and he did. I don't know if that was just gamesmanship or Shazier stepping up and becoming a field General.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The last time we played them was when Ben only had one foot.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Where? This thread seems pretty much full of praise. :hmm:

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Probably only half a foot. He usually hides an injury or two. :D

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah. Lol. I still say if Ben hadn't hurt his foot the whole Tebow debacle would have never happened.

19. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I went with Shazier but everyone on that list deserves it.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Its Monday so thats my excuse.. I cannot find exactly the comments.. I am thinking I commented on the wrong thread hahaha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I was thinking. I think most of the comments against the 9ers are in the Real Steel thread about how it would be absolutely impossible for this team to beat the 9ers even if Noll, Cowher, and Lombardi coached them all at once. Hyperbole? Yes. But barely. LOL.

22. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Ben on Offense
    Shazier on Defense

Actually I'd give a gameball to the whole defense. Last week I ripped them and deservedly so. This week, a complete 180. The passion in which they played this week was sorely missing last week and was contagious to the entire team. Good job Butler for getting the players fired up this week.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Coach T gets a gameball for putting together a formidable game plan.

24. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I voted Shazier, we all know what Ben and AB are capable of, it doesn't diminish their performance, it was just nice to see Shazier step up and play off the chart football!!!

25. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I went with Shazier...

For one, he`s a Buckeye, and for two, he just had one of the best games we`ve seen from a linebacker around here, in YEARS!!!:clapping::drinks::dfense:

It seemed like everywhere the football went, he went to go get it!

That`s the kinda linebacker I love!!!

In reality, tho...

This gameball should go to the ENTIRE Pittsburgh Steelers Football team...

No way, to single out one person`s performance, on either side of the ball...

This was one of those rare, well deserved wins, when both sides of the ball, and special teams(except for Scobee... what the hell?)...came out hungry, energized, with something to prove, and overcame a few early, sloppy penalties, and didn`t beat themselves...

Didn`t get lazy, with a big halftime lead...

Something I read in another post, or thread, rang true to me...

"This is a glimpse of what we CAN be"...

I`ve felt that, for a long time, and as much as I loved yesterday`s game, I EXPECT to see us dominate like that every Sunday, no matter WHO we are up against!!!

We HAVE the talent...We just proved that...

We just set the bar for what SHOULD be expected every week!!!

We see nailbiters week in and week out, because we haven`t, as a TEAM, focused, and prepared like we did, after we were pissed off, from our loss to the Cheatriots...

We tend to overlook/ get overconfident, when we think we should beat the team we are playing...

Sometimes, it`s like the players just assume they are gonna win, because they are the "Pittsburgh Steelers"...

When EVERYBODY puts in the work, the focus, and the effort they did last Sunday, and the week leading up to it, we will see more wins, and Lombardi`s!!!

When we don`t beat ourselves, we can beat ANYONE!!!

Game ball... PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!:herewego!: