1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I Shocked my Dr. today after he drew blood and saw Black & Gold

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by gothamroguefan, Aug 29, 2015.

1. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Hello all,

I have been a die-hard Steelers fan since I was 6 years old. I was born and raised in the Pacific NW, so I got harassed constantly for not being a Seahawks fan! I have ALWAYS stood by the Steelers...through EVERYTHING. I created a Steelers "girl group" in my area, for the female fans that actually follow football and don't just pretend to :smiley1:

I have not had time to join a Steelers chat room until now, so I am super excited to be here :smiley1:

I just bought my tickets last week for the Steelers vs. Seahawks game in Seattle for Nov. 29. I wish I lived closer to Pittsburgh, but I will have to settle for going to Seattle to see them.

GO STEELERS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Way to make an entrance! Awesome thread title and great avatar. I see a ton of potential in this "rookie." ;) :herewego::rawk::drinks:

4. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Big welcome to the board. Love your story, too. When you get to that there game you're going to, I know you'll represent us well!

5. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Thanks everyone! Glad to be here. I can "chat" about football all day long....especially Steelers football :smiley1:

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Since you live there, maybe you know the answer. Just wondering how many Cheathawk "fans" could name one of their QBs, besides Hasselback and Wilson?!

7. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I know....right? The 12th man is pretty much a new fan base. Whay I find even more appalling is that they stole the "12th man" from a amall Texas college....I think they are called the Aggies. Anyways, I grew up HATING Seattle bc they were stuffed down my throat. Well, I remember Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg, even Warren Moon for a few seasons!

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I always liked Zorn and Krieg.

9. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I always liked them too.

What is really sad is most Seattle fans do not even remember Steve Largent.

It is so bizarre up here. Most of the fans are a new fan base, just bandwagoners. Remember the NFC championship game against Green Bay? Game was not over, and a lot of Seattle fans left, did not have faith in their team, and they missed one of the best finishes ever.....frustrating to say the least.

10. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Thanks for seeing the potential....people up in my "neck of the woods" just don't get the reference of the Gotham Rogues. The Steelers are the only reason that I went to see Dark Knight Rises. I also belong to stack exchange and a user posted the question "Were the Gotham Rogue football team real football players?" Needless to say, I set them straight. :facepalm:

11. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Well..... Being form SEC terroritory, I wouldn't call A&M a small school, so much as not as well known.
    But I agree they stole it. And this from a franchise that still cries about the refs "stealing" a Super Bowl win from them. Think that they don't get a lot of rain up there, just Seahawks fans tears.
    Welcome aboard.

12. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Wow, just wow.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Welcome to the forum!! I went to a preseason game in Seattle a couple years ago and it was definitely the loudest I've been to. But I know the home crowd will be silenced come Nov. 29!!! Here we go!!

14. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Oh, yes, they do nothing but cry about it, especially the touchdown that "should have been reversed" My answer to that? Simple. Steelers won by more than a touchdown. At least after last superbowl, they have nobody else to blame for that loss....but themselves...ahhh karma!!

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Welcome, way to represent in the NW. I find it hilarious when tv commentators say how well The Steelers Fans travel. I'm in NC and when ever they come here we ( local Steelers fans) take over the stadium.

Go Steelers.......... and yes, love the avatar......

Cajun