1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Sign Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 25, 2015.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No you can't release them they would never survive and most of Vicks fighting dogs were bred on his land and didn't know any different. Does that make it any better imo no its still cruel to me.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Thank you Hack like I said earlier this whole writing thing isn't my forte. Honestly if I don't like to talk about the Steelers as much as I do I probably would rarely actually write anything. I'm i n charge of designing the LED change over for 8 floors and me sending a professional email is a painstaking task. I'm not getting paid for this so I'm not proof reading and going over everything thirty times to make sure it looks good and says exactly what I want it to.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You might have an argument if the Orcas were being trained to fight each other to the death (Hmmmmmm) cruelty and torture are different things.

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah I see what you are saying there.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    BTW, I quit smoking almost 5 years ago. Nicrette lozenges did the trick for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Who cares? If Vick is playing it means Ben is hurt.. F' that...Let's get #7!!

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

Good for you, but who are you to stand in judgement of another who was convicted and did his time according to the law? How did you come to the conclusion that his 2 years were the cushiest? I think you maybe shocked at what it's really like in there. Regardless, the man was punished for the crime committed per the law. The judge added time onto his sentence and he did that time. You don't like the time he was sentenced, we have a process in this country to make your opinion known and change it but until then he paid said price at said time.

BTW, I have to get off here to walk my dog. Yes. I'm a dog lover myself and I certainly don't want to "hang" with Vick or have dinner with him but the man has and continues to pay the price. Who am I to say that's not enough and continue kicking him while he;s down? Just maybe, he's rehabilitating himself and is the perfect spokesman, moreso than you or I, to educate others that are culturally social economically akin to himself. That is the way to prevent this in the future which is what really needs to happen.

I was raised with the understanding that a man can redeem himself. That yes, you can do wrong but pay the price, r a new start to better yourself and ultimately society.

The law says he can participate, let him be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    None of that is even in the same universe as torturing and killing of living creatures, no matter how much you continue to try and minimize their lives.

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Pimping and domestic violence is worse then what Vick did I'm sorry but in my eyes its clearly worse. Those involve injury physically or mentally another human.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What he did is evil, you can't do that if you have the parts that make the rest of us decent human beings, I don't believe you can correct that, they are broken. I'm not Ghandi and I don't forgive him for what he did. Thats my right to feel that way.

And yes, Vick and other "celebrity" convicts have it much easier in prison then average joe convict.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Didn't Vick have to hire the prison gang to protect him because there were all kinds of people after him for no other reason then to say they got Micheal Vick?

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not even close. And here you continue to try and wipe away Vicks heinous crimes by listing a bunch of other irrelevant crimes. Because in your eyes those crimes are worse (clearly not to me) and that somehow wipes Vicks crimes clean.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't believe so, even Aaron Hernadez has been kept out of general population.

14. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    No I'm not saying it wipes Vicks clean I'm saying I don't look at him any differently then Harrison, Davenport, Wilson, Homes, or Seigler. I don't hate any of them and won't stop watching the Steelers because of them.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015

Who cares if he did his time... Pedos, rapists, killers "do their time" and get out.. Especially when these guys accept plea deals and serve little time. Are you actually willing to welcome them back to society with open arms? Do you honestly believe those kinds of people deserve to ever breathe "free" air? The court of law has nothing to do with morality.. Absolutely nothing. The court of law is far from fair. There are marijuana sellers doing more time than pedos and violent offenders.. Please tell me how that is fair and how we should accept it. The court of law means jack ****. Vick may have served his prison sentence and is free, but I don't think he ever deserved to play in the NFL again. Certainly never hired by the Steelers. Playing QB in the NFL is a privilege. He had his chance, but continued living his disgusting way of life UNTIL HE WAS CAUGHT AND FORCED TO STOP IT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Guy takes a crap in a hamper, and you put him on the same level of morality as a sadistic convicted dog killer/abuser/torturer. You cannot be for real.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    He was housed with 8 other inmates. Not gen pop but not exactly protected either.

18. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    All of those were domestic violence/pimping you know doing harm to another human and women at that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still a heck of a lot better! Man, we have vastly different opinions outside of football it appears :lolol:

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Not the same. He's kept apart due to his gang affiliations and the fact that he's already been involved in assaulting another inmate.

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh no by no means is that what I would consider rough your previous comment kinda came off as he was sitting in a cell by himself.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I still don't believe they are placed in general population due to the increased risk of being targeted. Might be wrong.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, gotcha.

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    From what I read he was transferred from VA to Leavenworth where he was housed in a satellite building not the big house and inmates in the satellite building were housed 8 per room. The article didn't say what he was in at VA.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6898043/nfl-michael-vick-548-days-bars-espn-magazine

25. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I was going to bite my tongue because I don't really get into these debates but...
    1. If you are having a hard time comparing all these crimes mentioned then put yourself in the position of the victim and then tell me that they are equal. I know someone will say well a drunk driver can kill someone but I'm not talking about what could happen I'm talking about actual victims of the crimes being thrown around on this board. If a drunk driver kills someone it becomes a different crime all together.
    2. I see Ben and the accusation made against him thrown in the discussion to further a point about forgiveness. Really? Maybe some don't understand what an "accusation" is...it is just that...an accusation. You see I could accuse TTF of using this board to take over the world and that doesn't make it true (or does it TTF?). Unless you were there you really can not say what took place. Yes, you can speculate and have an opinion but that is all it is. Therefore, you can't compare that situation to one where a man admitted to a crime, was tried and, ultimately, convicted for that crime.
    3. Finally, I see some say that he has paid his debt to society and that he deserves a 2nd chance. That point is really hard to base an argument around because, as you can see, many don't feel that he paid a fair debt. What has he done since...speak, donate money, etc. Wow, that impresses some as being remorseful and making amends. Again, really? I mean he tortured and killed and now because he speaks and donates money he is forgiven. Has he went out and stopped dog-fights? Has he informed against all these "others" that still dog-fight today? Has he worked at animal shelters? Animal hospitals?

I can't stand making posts this long but I'm just surprised (no not really) at the lengths some will go to make an argument. Be real! What he did was wrong! The Steelers could have and should have done better! Nothing I say will change any of the above, therefore, I am stepping off my soap box!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1