1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Steelers sign Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I don't see any thing wrong with bringing Vick to camp to compete for a backup role, only contingency being he must make the roster and if he does sign him to a 1 year Vet mini contract, I dont know if he would accept those terms but that would be my terms, no signing until he makes the roster.....

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I just don't see how the Rooneys would ever sign a POS like him.

And he's over-the-hill now to boot.

I'd rather they trotted out Charlie Batch in a walker than sign Vick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was wondering when you were going to chime in. :lolol:

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Am I that predictable?

6. Godfather

Godfather New Member

Jul 22, 2015
    I'll pass on Ookie Mexico.

7. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I just heard this and it makes me sick. Vick is one of the biggest pieces of **** in the NFL.
    I watched a show and saw the dogs and what he did to them. One of them was so TERRIFIED, he wouldn't walk anywhere. He'd just lay in the corner of the cage and COWER. He was all scarred up and it was explained that he was probably one of the dogs that the other dogs "practiced on".
    Then there was a female pit bull. She was so sweet toward people, but freaked out when she saw another dog. She was also scarred up pretty bad & she didn't have any teeth. This was explained too. This dog was probably a Champion fighter- so they'd breed her with other Champion dogs as much as they could so she'd have litter after litter of pups & they'd grow up & be as Champions. They pulled out her teeth so she couldn't hurt the males they were breeding her with. She had some damage down there- so she probably can't have anymore pups. She would've likely been killed because of that. Vick also had a "Rape Rack" that he'd put his in so they could be raped and they couldn't move or stop it. Do you have a dog? Could you imagine your dog cowering? Strapped to a Rape Rack? There were more dogs- but those 2 stick out in my mind.
    Hurting animals isn't a "mistake". And to do it for money?? Despicable!!!!
    I just can't believe that the Steelers would consider bringing that into the organization!! Because Tomlin likes him?? Why is he still here? I really thought we were better than that. There are other backups we can get for cheap- who didn't torture animals!! What's next? How about we pick up Ray Rice?? Maybe Ray Lewis will come out of retirement & play for us. Then we'll have a dog killer, wife beater, & murderer. I love my Steelers- and I've ALWAYS been proud to say that I'm a Steelers fan. I'd be devastated if we picked him up. This just isn't the way we do things.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would rather go 0-16 and hope we could win then have to watch that P.O.S in a Steeler uniform. NO!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good God NO

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I will echo the resounding "NO" on the dog killer. However I do agree with suggestions that we should be keeping our eyes out for potential veteran cuts like Hoyer, Cassel, etc. I'm not really comfortable with our backup QB situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Amen. He doesn't even deserve to still be alive.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rooneys will never bring him here, don't worry. They fired Arians when Tomlin wanted him, no way he could get a controversial player like Vick here.

Just as a PSA for anyone who ever needs to re-home a dog or knows someone trying to re-home a dog, never use craigslist to do it, many end up as bait dogs which is what Steelgirl was referring to when she said "practice dogs". Horrible ending to a dogs life. Do your homework on potential adopters.

• Like Like x 3
  13. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Let me ponder on this :hmm:...Ummm don't think so :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    So I don't know if I should post this here or not- but it has to do with this:: In July the NFL ranked every back-up QB in the league- and I think some of these guys would be a good fit. I think they'd be good if they were coached the right way & in the right environment & pretty much all are better than Vick.

1) Mark Sanchez, Eagles
    2) Mike Glennon, Bucs
    3) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jets
    4) Garoppolo, Cheaters
    5) Zach Mettenberger, Titans
    6) Kirk Cousins, Redskins
    7) Derek Anderson, Panthers
    8) Tavaris Jackson, Seahawks
    9) Drew Stanton, Cardinals
    10) Ryan Mallett, Texans
    11) Chase Daniel, Chiefs
    12) Matt Moore, Dolphins
    13) Shaun Hill, Vikings
    14) Matt Hasselback, Colts
    15) Christian Ponder, Raiders
    16) Kellen Clemens, Chargers
    17) Chad Henne, Jaguars
    18) Fill-in-the-blank, Bills
    19) Brandon Weeden, Cowboys
    20) Austin Davis, Rams
    21) Scott Tolzien, Packers
    22) Bruce Gradkowski- Steelers
    23) Brock Osweiler- Broncos
    24) Matt Shaub, Ravens
    25) T.J. Yates, Falcons
    (he has potential)
    26) A.J. McCarron, Bengals
    27) Luke McCown, Saints
    28) Ryan Nassib, Giants
    29) Dan Orlovsky, Lions
    30) Jimmy Clausen, Bears
    31) Manziel, Browns
    32) Blaine Gabbert, 49ers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I agree. No Way on vick and keep an eye out for someone because Grad is no Charlie Batch.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love if we could land Mettenberger, I think the Titans made a mistake not sticking with him and drafting Mariota.

Let him back up Ben for a few seasons and take over when Ben retires.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree - would love to have Mettenberger. Though I could well see someone overpaying for him, heaping unrealistic expectations on him and watching his career then plummet.

19. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    How about just giving Taj Boyd a chance, he is in his FIRST Steeler camp, although he has been with the team all spring, he has been trying to grasp the playbook and scheme. The first week of practice any QB is going to struggle, you have to get your groove.
    As Boyd learns the playbook, and the speed of his receivers, things will start clicking by mid-camp.

As far as Boyd goes, all you have to do is look at film to see what he can do. Taj is an excellent thrower. He could have been a top 10 pick in his draft. And should have been.

Haley isnt known for simple schemes and plays is he?

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    No to Vick. Boyd doesn't seem to be turning into competition for the 3rd spot either.

I liked Shane Carden out of ECU this past draft, if he gets cut I wouldn't mind them bringing him in to see what he can do.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh yeah totally. I just meant what Id love to see but yeah, Mett will be starting somewhere before long.

22. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    There will be too many, younger, possibly better, camp cuts coming up to choose from. Cut Landry and let Jerry Jones pick him up.