1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The oddsmakers have the Steelers at 8.5 wins for 2015

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 2, 2015.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's based on their perceived tough schedule, not buying it I could see them with 10-11 wins. Your thoughts?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll take the over and laugh all the way to the bank.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree. I have a feeling we will win the division again this year. To me a tough schedule for this team is playing teams like Tampa, Jacksonville and Cleveland every week.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    OFFENSIVELY we are good enough for 16-0 if you ask me. I mean we're stacked to the gills. But DEFENSIVELY we are probably in for some heartbreaking losses. I just don't know that we have the proven depth like we have been used to in the past and we have a bit of a youth movement going on right now. I still think we can do better than 8 though.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    All offseason I have been really unsure about our defense. I like our young guys, but a lot of them are still green, and some of them are still total question marks. Including Butler, to some extent.
    • CB is a weak link even if Cortez Allen plays well, which is far from a given.
    • Mike Mitchell was supposedly hurt last year, but that doesn't change the fact he was bad last year. We don't know yet if he'll be able to help or only hurt.
    • Shamarko should boost our speed back there, but we really have no idea how well he'll cover in the NFL, especially in his first year of real action.
    • Then there's the outside pass rush. I like Jarvis, but that's one thing he hasn't proven he can do consistently yet. We've seen some good signs, but he hasn't proven it. Moats did much better than expected, but that was in limited time. Can he perform like we need a Steelers OLB to perform? Dupree is raw and may not help this year.
    Y'all know I'm an optimist. That's not necessarily how I think things will go, but they're legitimate concerns. A look on the bright side:
    • Cortez's problems were in his head, and so far this year it looks like he doesn't have any. He's picking off a pass like every day. We just need him to play like he can, and he's on the right track.
    • Jarvis has looked better in camp this year, as has Moats. Dupree looks like the real deal and may well contribute. I bet he's a terror on special teams.
    • I don't know how the LeBeau --> Butler transition will go. But I do expect to get more out of our defensive line now. McLendon has been criminally underproductive.
    • The other positions, I really have no concerns with. I'm sold on Tuitt; I think he'll be solid this year, and really break out next year. I've always liked McLendon, and now he's got McCullers, who I've heard looks slimmer and more beastly than last year. Cam Heyward.
    • ILB depth, holy cow. Sean Spence is probably our worst one, and he could start.
    • While I don't necessarily like our level of talent at CB, I still like the guys themselves, and their intangibles. Gay, Blake, Boykin, Grant - tacklers, hard workers. Golson too, if he comes back.
    • Our field goal block team. McCullers (6'8") Geathers (6'8") Villanueva (6'9"). All with long arms. Teams will have to go for it anytime they're outside the 20!
    • Our offense.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm thinking 11-5 or better with the tough schedule. 8-8 or 9-7 would be a complete disappointment even if they did secure a wild card spot.

There is too much talent on this team, especially offensively for them to drop 7 or 8 games.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Less than 10 wins will be a disappointment. My expectations are that they advance in the playoffs. Consider this, while people get on Andy Dalton for not winning in the playoffs, I don't think the Steelers have won since he's been in the league. Time to up the ante!

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I am going to have to actually see some people
    in game situations before I can make a prediction.

9. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I would rather the odds makers say that the Steelers should be at that.

I agree with Steel Elvis.

This team can play against anyone and win. It's when they play down and lose, then they can't seem to recover,mentally, next week.

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    odds makers have the Ravens winning the division

33-1 odds Tomlin gets fired

mvp
    Ben 10-1
    AB 16-1
    Bell 25-1

underdogs against Vikings

i'll take the over 8.5 wins

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Superbowl this year, next year, or the year after....maybe just all 3 :D

Been saying it. Offensive juggernaught, defense will surprise peeps, and Ben/Bell/Brown are hungry.

12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll take the over.. 12-4

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Since all the teams in the AFC North are playing the same 14 game schedule with two out of schedule games, it is quite possible 8-8 or 9-7 wins this division this year, odds makers has it 8.5 which means we are going to tie someone this season, wonder how they can predict a tie ?

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    not predicting a tie
    just preventing a push

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    That is a no brainer. I put 1,000.00 on the over 8.5 a month ago when I put 1,000.00 on the Steelers to win the SB at 25 to 1. The over 8.5 will cover the SB bet if the Steelers don't win it all. I do think they will get the 7th ring this year. I would like to win both bets to help the cause.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'll take the over on the 8.5

I'll take the Tomlin staying side

I hope Cortez gets a head so he has a place to put his helmet.

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    12-4 and we will be bowling at the end of the season. Mark it!

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I don't believe in the Defense... yet. I didn't care for the JJ or Shaz picks and they've done nothing to prove me wrong. I think we've badly neglected the secondary. Lots of IFs need to work out or we could have a bunch of 35-31 games.

19. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I like your style. I think the over is solid. Injuries worry me.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :thumbs up: