1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rest in Peace Agnes Greene

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    RIP agnes. hang in there joe.

i can relate. i buried my mother in law monday. it's been a tough year. mother, mother in law and grandma in 10 months.:facepalm::cool:

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dang mac I hate to hear that. They say around here that death comes in 3's so maybe you guys will get some relief. I also hate to hear that about Mean Joe's wife. Behind every good man is a great woman. That's cool to see Earl Campbell extending condolences because they were such fierce competitors on the field.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thanks BFT. yes the steeler family lost an anchor of many years behind joe. just as he had time after retirement from all his time with football too. that has to be hard for joe and his family.:cool:

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that's the thing about retirement is it just seems to be like cruel fate sometimes or something. People work their whole life to be able to retire and enjoy the fruits of their labor and suddenly they're gone or their loved one is gone. My mamaw had a friend that worked and saved like crazy to retire and about a month before she did she just fell over dead. I'm sure there's tons of people like that.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  7. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Condolences and prayers to Mean Joe and the Greene family.

8. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Wow Daddy...so sorry for your loss. I have been there myself and now my mom is early Dementia and is getting hard to see.

I saw this article earlier and will be praying for Joe and his family.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I can relate a little too close. He was married to her almost exactly how long I was married to my wife before she passed away seven plus years ago. I had lost my parents, both sets of grandparents and a half dozen aunts and uncles I was close to in a relatively short period of time. I handled all of the losses without too much trouble so I thought I was pretty tough when I came to dealing with death. Then I lost my soul mate of almost 45 years and realized the other loses of mine needed to be multiplied by 100 plus to even begin to get close to the loss of my wife. It was total pain and darkness. I never thought anything could level me like that did. I haven't healed much in the seven plus years and I know I never will. It's like just waiting to die because life has no meaning or enjoyment now that she is gone. If it wasn't for working with, saving and helping the animals there would be nothing I care about or feel that I need to put in one more day for. There are several people I dislike a lot but even the ones I hate I would not wish a loss like that on any of them. It is just too painful and dark to describe.
    Sorry, this is turning into way to long of a talk about my loss. I hope Joe can find a way to deal with his loss and do way better with it than I am doing with mine. Please don't feel sorry for me. I had the greatest 45 years I could have possibly have with her. If the man wants me to suffer for the next few years it still was a great run for me with her. Again I apologize for the length of the post. I guess I needed to vent my pain a little. Fortunately I don't feel the need to do this often. I do hope Joe copes better than I have.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't feel bad Fan. My mamaw and papaw made it 49 years before he died 10 years ago and there's not a day that goes by that she doesn't miss him. I'm the same way. She has a good boyfriend though and they go out to eat and to church and gospel singings and things and he's a great man. He could never replace my papaw though and he had a wife that he was married to over 50 years and they were good friends with my mamaw and papaw and he still misses her too. I think sometimes about how lost I'd be if I didn't have my wife and we're only in our early 30s and have only been married for 10 years. I can't imagine what you feel like. I'm glad you had a long lasting marriage though. That's about as rare as a winning Cleveland season these days.

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I'm sorry she passed on, and at the young age of 67, the young may consider that old, but to us old people we consider it young, may she rest in peace and i'm sure Joe has a special place in his heart for her and will forever.........

12. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    So sorry for your losses Fan, that is terrible. This October will be my 30 year Anniversary and I cannot imagine what life would be without my wife. I pray you can find some peace in each day. I pray the same for Joe...it is not easy, but you have to go one day at a time.