1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week #1 just became an even match-up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, May 11, 2015.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha-ha Mac. Doesn't Heinz now own Kraft?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and I hope we own them after week 1 too.:smiley1::cool:

3. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    From your lips (keyboard) to God's ears (eyes). Because we know God reads this board, right??

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And how inept are we going to look if we lose that game to a backup QB who has never started an NFL game?

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Players are in the NFL because they are the best among the tens of thousands that enter the game at some point during their livelihood.

Big Ben won his first 13 games in the NFL. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and has won many games (*).

I don't think any loss will make the team look inept. Plus the Hoodie will have his team prepared with the next man up philosophy.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    who cares? i prefer to have a better chance to win a game than worried to look inept

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I was thinking we would beat marsaha so we should beat the grapple too

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Obviously having Brady watching from home helps tremendously, but this isn't a gimmie. Going into Gillette for the season opener is no easy task. Jimmy G is a good quarterback and they have months to prepare...

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't think any loss will make the team look inept. Plus the Hoodie will have his team prepared with the next man up philosophy.

I love how Ryan Clark has came out and said cheating has been bred into the Pats franchise......

10. SteelerFanFromTheDMV

SteelerFanFromTheDMV Member

May 6, 2015
    Hahahaha this is a quote from a friend of mine on facebook who is a huge Boston sports fan. "I'm not going to cherry pick. It was almost a year ago when you were all ready to stop supporting the NFL for its handling of how that misogynist beat his chick in that elevator and dragged her around that hotel in AC like a sack of potatoes. Now, the NFL suspends athletes who deflate balls and suddenly Goddell has credibility again.1) We ARE the product. The NFL sees us as eyeballs and dollar signs. The NFL wins either way because we're still talking about this. They love this.
    2) Refer to numero uno."

Yeah I will still watch the Steelers beat the living **** out of his Patriots into submission opening night. This kid went off on Ben and the Steelers organization so many times and defended the Pats waaaaaaay too much over the years. It's time to pay the piper.

11. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Tired of the nonsequiturs offered by so many Pats fans as arguments that the penalties are extreme for the offence. It isn't about how their actions affected the outcome of that particular game in the grand scheme of things. It's about the scheming to break an explicit rule of the Game at all.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Well said Grannie.. You share this sentiment with myself

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I've been reading a lot of the articles on Boston dot com and the subsequent comments just for ****s and giggles, and Patriot fans are hands down the most delusional and homeristic fans in the league. Sure we are all homers to some extent and will support our favorite team sometimes a little too far, but I've got to say that it's easily 95% of those guys are off the rails mentally. Far worse than Steelers fans. Through the Ben saga there were (and still are) a pretty decent percentage of fans who wanted him to be released or traded...off the team totally. In fairness, most people did defend Ben (to some extent) but not at a 95% rate. Not even close.

EVERYTHING else aside, just the simple fact that a guy who is called "the Deflator" is on video taking the Patriots balls that were later found to be under inflated into a locked bathroom for 90 seconds on his way to the field, after the refs verified the balls is reason enough for a hefty fine. Add into it their past history (Pastry fans don't even consider this) and $1M and 2 picks is getting off easy.

14. Steel_Razorback

Steel_Razorback Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

So true! I'd hate to think what might happen if someone had a prophet tom brady cartoon contest.

Attached Files:

15. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Brady plays week 1, book it!!!!

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

If he plays , he plays... not much we can do abt it,

17. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Its fun to go back and watch this...

[video=youtube;441PlvThEmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441PlvThEmY[/video]

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Care to wager?

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Week 3, maybe. Week 1, highly doubtful.

20. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Sneaky bastards. I knew they'd pull something...

[​IMG]

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can't see any way that they can reduce this? It has to be either served in its entirety(Ala. Sean Peyton) or overturned. The way they worded it doesn't leave any room to say ok cheating is bad but you kept your nose clean for the preseason and you didn't try to cheat for the two weeks you could have nothing to do with the game so we are lowering it from four to two. This isn't like failing a drug test or getting arrested for gun possession. It is a serious enough offense to suspend him four games that doesn't lessen the seriousness if he behaves. It would send the wrong message. I would be surprised if they did lower it but to me it has to be all or nothing