1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week #1 just became an even match-up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, May 11, 2015.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I. Am. Shocked. I'd have to think it will be lowered upon appeal. Golden Boy Brady out for 4 games? Could it really be??

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    shocked because is brady , or shocked in general . to me he should have be suspended for 8 games at least , they didn't deflate ball for one game was at least 7 years doing it (loook at fumbles percentage) , they were reapting offender he didn't collaborate .. a right suspension would habe been a year for brady and belicheat

new orleans were at their first offend and wilma and payton were banned for the year

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Now that the 2 locker room attendants, / ballboys or what ever they where have been suspended indefnatly, i hope they come out and just spill the beans on the whole franchise..

4. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think a violation such as this should even be allowed to see an appeal. Violation of integrity of the game says it all. It will be shameful for the NFL to lower that sentence. If you ask me, Brady only out 4 games is a disgrace. It should be the season. He was caught cheating. What are we saying to the rest of the league? This team cheated twice and still the New Orleans Saints had a worse punishment for bounty gate than either of the Patriots scandals. I'm just confused how Sean Payton said he had no idea that was going on inside his locker room and he was suspended because ignorance was not an excuse.. But how does Bill Belichick get away with being ignorant to this?

5. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Not enough, Brady shoulda got a 6 game minimum, and Belicheck shoulda been suspended at least 8 games minimum. :huh:

scruffy

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I. AM. Shocked that the Brady/Pats apologists aren't here excusing their hero. There are now 3 QBs who have won 4 SBs and 2 of them weren't suspended for 4 games for cheating.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed should be no chance of appeal. He stonewalled the investigation and should have served a bigger punishment. Bellicheat got off scot free,Mr micromanager didn't realize anything was up?

8. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Write it down I could see is losing to Jiminy cricket

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree with the way they worded it I can't see them dropping two games for what? good behavior? He didn't cooperate with the investigation and he and his agent were ticked that they didn't include Brady's poor attempts to explain the text messages and given them the right context. In no way should they lower the suspension. That says that they don't view casting a dark shadow on the game as that big a deal and two games seems enough to shame this poor unfortunate fellow

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes but wouldn't winning be meaningless if they don't go undefeated and drink the 72 Dolphin's Champagne?

11. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Ref. to your thread header, "Week #1 just became an even match-up." I'm sitting here trying to comprehend the meaning? Thanks rich

12. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He should not be able to attend any practices or be on the property until he has completed his suspension.

13. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

I knew it was someone else's fault!!!!!!!!!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow after reading Troy Vincent's letter to the Pats I'm a little bit angry that they didn't go for more.

Just this paragraph alone makes me want to scream.

I'm not surprised that they didn't try to say that this is all Troy Vincent's fault and he has an ax to grind against the Pats.

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I am here to eat my huge pile of Crow. I went over the top with my opinion that Gooddell wasn't going to do a single thing to suspend the golden boy for even one game. Serve that crow up an a platter. 4 games is a lot more than I ever expected from the Patriot loving commissioner.

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So The NFL and the Colts conspired to not stop your client and his cronies from tampering with game balls after they had be certified for use in order to do what exactly? What is the end game here? To say that hey we lost but gotcha! I mean as far fetched as the tampering with the balls seemed when it was first reported to spin some yarn casting doubt on everyone else except for those responsible seems to be well Bat-poop crazy. I mean like pure 100% loony Toons crazy.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I wouldn't say its EVEN now...I thought it was EVEN before....now I would say its in favor of the Steelers, on paper of course.

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

19. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    :eek: Honestly, I am shocked!

I really didn`t think Rodge would swing the hammer that hard, on his buddy`s team...

Definitely not complaining...

Cheating is cheating, and if there wasn`t a competitive advantage to be gained... They wouldn`t have done it.

Seems like a pretty minor gain, but at this level, ANY gain, is a signifigant gain...

And Tom-Tom, refusing to co-operate, by releasing his private e-mail type stuff, EVEN when assured that private stuff would be kept private, looks pretty bad.

This MIGHT be an attempt to restore the NFL fanbases` faith, after the "Spygate" tapes were destroyed..

I dunno.. I still think that is a higher crock of crap...

But, at least this is a step in the right direction...

And, of course the highly paid agent/lawyer, comes out with a well written challenge to the ethically correct finding...

That`s what lawyers/ agents, do.

I have no sympathy for Marsha, Kraft, or any of the Cheatriots fans!!!!

They got what they deserved. Maybe less, when you realize they were deflating balls in many games before this,

And their past history.

Does this call into question "The Genius"`s coaching?

No matter what, we better be prepared to come in and play our best game in a VERY hostile stadium, to start the year!!!

I still think Brady is overrated, and what Bellicheat does, has more to do with his team winning, than Brady does...

They have plenty of time to prepare, and like any game we play, it ain`t gonna be a cakewalk...

As a matter of fact, the remaining Patriots, are probably gonna be playing pissed off as hell, and determined to show they can win with or without Marcia...

I don`t know, that the suspension makes this an "even" game...

Just one we should focus on winning just as much as every other one on the 16 game schedule!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!::steelflag::herewego:

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

depends how garappolo like pressure of their balls :lolol:

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Well before we get too caught up in the moment lets remember the Ravens were in a similar situation, lost a key player on offense, had a huge chip on their shoulder, and home field and kicked the Steelers around. So while Rice isn't Brady, I wouldn't take anything for granted especially with a BB still doing business the same old way.

22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If Brady appeals, I'd like to see them say, "Upon further consideration, we're extending the suspension to 8 games because you clearly didn't get the message."

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

:this!: Can the league just deny his apeal?

24. Steel Blitz

Steel Blitz Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
  25. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Brady will appeal and Goodell will wait till after week one to come up with a final verdict just so they get that game in for primetime