1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

could deflate gate affect our opener?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, May 6, 2015.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I got a question

"So Tom if you had to do it all over again.. You know cheat and then lie about it would you do it if it meant you were going to be caught ? " lol

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We were talking a few pages back about Ben's suspension.

I believe that it was for 'bringing the game into disrepute' - am I wrong?

Don't Brady's actions constitute the same charge?

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Look for him to display deep denial and no awareness whatsoever of these ridiculous allegations. Suspension will be announced shortly thereafter and an appeals of the suspension will immediately follow.

4. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Anything less than an 8-Game suspension for Brady, the whole year for Belichick, and voiding of the Super Bowl title I consider a sham. ;)

My advice for Brady at this point is ... :thumbs_up: :roflmao:

[video]https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mNgU7fj5l4[/video]

scruffy

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, now he thinks he's the president?

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao: Fits in with the rest of their logic.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I've also read that Goodell was not notified until after. Rumor was that his relationship with Kraft had officials concerned about a tip off. I can't provide a link because I'm posting on my phone, but I'm pretty sure I read that in an article that was posted by PFT.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    At least somebody in the NFL has their head on straight. How sickening would it be if they knew the Pats were cheating again, but never let it come to light?

Hell, that was probably the case from 2007-2013.

9. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That would suit Roger the Dodger just fine.

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    There is no way in hell, that anyone can convince me that BB did not kno what was going on, Also why isn't it being discussed in the media that a deflated ball makes it easier for the WR to catch, and cuts down on the fumblel'ing issues.. It seems the media made a big deal out of this story B4 the Wells report came out, Now its like (Meh ) possible 1 game suspension for Brady, and everything is ok... I bet it's at least a 4 game suspension and possible draft pic losses, And on a side note u bet your ass Goofdell knew the results of this report last week or sooner and just didn't want to release it because of the draft..

11. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I would like a 4 game suspension and healthy fine and take away the SB win a( they did it in Little League Baseball) and give it to the SeaHawks even though they called the dumbest call in football history to lose the game. P.S. No hall of fame.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Let me start off by saying ...they are all full of ****. Now that that's out of the way,why wouldn't they be given the opportunity to hide all the evidence, Goodell already did it for them once.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think his SB ring is safe, but I have to wonder what this does to his HOF bid.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I just want to point out that most of the media work for a network(s) that paid a lot of money for the golden goose that is the NFL. They need to sell stories, but anything that threatens the real integrity of the game, i.e. makes it look like rampant cheating/fixing is going on, has got to be glossed over so Congress doesn't look into it. Tax status is a big part of why the NFL makes so much money.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    ESPN is getting ready to show Brady speaking, I'M sure he wont say much abt deflate gate but im interisted in seeing how comfortable he looks while speaking tonite.. i wished the audiance would just bombared him with questions abt this.. but that wont happen given he is speaking in Mass

16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, even though I can't stand Brady and Bellichick, I wouldn't deny him first ballot entry into the hall over this. He's been too good for a long, long time.

17. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Congress cant do *hit because the NFL isn't a sport its classified as entertainment like WWE that's why theres so much weird as* *hit that goes on like playoff shady calls, the run to the playoffs like us getting the raw end of the deal 2 years ago with kcsd game etc, each team gets paid equally no matter if u win super bowl or u r the bucs, so the owners can give a rats *ss if u what I mean, this is typical crap to keep all the sports networks talking about the NFL,NFL IS RIGGED

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Well thats a waist of 10 mins ill never get back,

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Congress can revoke the anti-trust exemption.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I had to turn off Brady's "interview." He's a smug POS. He'll address the report after he's had time to fully process it?? I just don't understand the nauseating love fest for this guy. Good player but, a cheater!

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    His agent is an attorney, not a normal honest, logical, respectable citizen.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been very very bad. Please punish me making me watch as well.

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah those ESPN guys... you know their hands are tied reporting the story.

They should crush Brady under the scrutiny, but you know they hold back.

24. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    There will never be a suspension. Not only because its Tom not only because its the patriots but because it's the opening game of the season. There is no way the nfl wants the talking points all game long to be " well if Tom ......."
    He will be fined. The verbage floating around is that of discipline but not to much.

If Tom is out of the opening game after they won a super bowl with national attention, the questioned integrity, that is already apparent to a hard core fan, will be brought to those of casual fandom.

The nfl must protect the game first. Protection of the validity is paramount but let us be coy about our stars.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I disagree the other 31 owners will go ballistic if brady is not suspended at Least 2 games..