1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

could deflate gate affect our opener?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, May 6, 2015.

1. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    you know what they just won the sb , godell knows that other fans are complaning against his friendlyship with kraft , i think he will use this occasion to drop the hammer to try to silence all of them .. then he will help the pats again in the future

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I love the pats fan that try to defend this by saying it didn't affect the outcome anyway so what's the big deal. Yes they should be rewarded for cheating and being to stupid to do it correctly. By that logic a person should be able to shoot and kill a person with a cold since they were dying anyway and shooting them didn't affect the outcome just the time frame.

Bottom line going into the premier game for the league this casts a long shadow on the integrity of the game and punishment should be doled out in order to preserve the shield.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Of course, ignoring that this very much appears to be an on-going, long term affair. NOT just one game.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Read the comments on the articles on Boston.com. Priceless. And toms dad should be suspended for this asinine assertion that tom was framed.

5. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I heard that Godell is not going to wax Kraft's car after their lunch this week and that Kraft has to buy his own lunch this time.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    .........and Brady's going to have to wax his own deflated balls!

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Article in USA today calls for a Brady suspension, saying if they can suspend the browns GM for 4 games for making calls to the sideline Brady has to be suspended for X number of games, as well as punishment for the team since Goodell warned them in 07 after spygate that if they violated any rules in the future he was going to hold it against them: I think Brady is a double violater to this rule, number 1 lying about it in a coverup, number 2 not cooperating in the investigation refusing to turn over any of his team E-mails texts or phone records; he also was compensating the two ball deflaters and you have to ask, for what?

Now you can ask the question, what advantage did deflating these balls give to Brady, well he likes his footballs under inflated because they are easier to grip and catch, so his comfort zone in these balls is an advantage, no doubt Goodell has to suspend Brady for at least 2 or 3 games and the team is going to have be punished too, after all when goodell suspended coach sean peyton for a year in the saints bounty gate, he said that ignorance of not knowing about it, is not an excuse, so dont be surprised if Belichick gets suspended as well......

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh, I heard that Brady's punishment would be to watch Goodell wax Gisele

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I really hope you're right but, we're talking about the NFL's poster boy. I think the ball handlers will get fired and Brady will get nothing but a stern talking to.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wait, what now? :huh:

11. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Nobody is above the rules, Goodell is backed into a corner on this one from his own prior statements and rulings, he has to come down hard this time and dont be surprised if Belichick is suspended along with his boy Tom....

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Again, I hope you're right. In a perfect world, noone is above the rules but we're talking about Goodell's Golden Boy! Al Davis was allowed to bend the rules for years. Goodell's job doesn't hinge on what we fans want, it hinges on what the owners want. I'm sure there are a few who want to see a punishment but I doubt that 31 owners want it.

13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    They got their break on spygate, and now it's time to pay the piper, the owners have no vote on the punishment, so thats a moot point, Goodells approval rating is already in the dumps, and with everyone waiting to see what he does now he cant hand out another wrist slap, the outcry would be to loud for even the king to bear....

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, in a response to a question asked of Goodell in regards to the investigation, he responded that I have 31 owners who want to know if they were cheating. I'm paraphrasing but the gist is, the owners aren't behind Kraft.

15. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  17. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    A "Talking Points" article for fans to use? Seriously? This is what Boston, as a city, is reduced to: so closely identified with its sports teams that it needs talking points to deal with the public. smh

18. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It is. I'm saying they could be doing it in a place like Colorado where it's legal by law, and still get suspended by the league for a year or something.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Brady's agent is saying that this was a sting. That when the Colts tipped off the NFL prior to the game that the Patriots should have been notified. Is that how this works? We are going to investigate you for cheating please make sure you hide all evidence before we get there.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm: wow, yes, please tip us off so we know when not to cheat.

His ducking it is making me more angry then the actual act. Hope he gets multiple game suspensions, f---ing watermelons coming.

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I just saw on ESPN that at Tom bradys speaking event tonight , he will be taking ?'s but non from the press,:lolol:. It seems that the questions have been pre-selected for him anser.

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    This just in, Aaron Hernandez's dad states that he was framed too...