1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Select TE Jesse James In The 5th

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, May 2, 2015.

1. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

Former Tennessee 1st rounder, Jeveon Kearse was known as the
    " Freak ".....Well maybe after reading my below Link...which was actually written last year...Maybe Jesse new nickname should be..." The WHITE FREAK " :dancing:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/103749/psu-te-james-lauded-for-freakish-ability

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Cool article and thanks for sharing! 12 reps at 495 on the deadlift is very impressive. The more I read on this guy the more excited I get for his potential.

3. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Jevon Kearse missed 43 games in 11 seasons - I called him the Fragile Freak. I wish Jess a healthier and longer career with more post-season success.

For the record, I liked Kearse a lot and think that passing on him to take the Dri Archer of wide receivers was one of the worst draft mistakes in Steeler history.

4. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

The difference is I think was that Kearse was more of a natural athletic freak. He never really properly trained or prepared his body for the riggers of the NFL. Rather relying on that Natural " Freakish " athleticism. And that got him into trouble with nagging Injuries. As where anyone can see after reading up on James is that his " Freakish " strength & Athleticism is not only a result of him having some Natural gifts...but more Self-made because of the hard hard work he puts into his training routine. That's how I see it anyways.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Picard wtf.jpg

6. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I agree with most of that but I think part of his problem was he was also undersized for his position. I know some guys have pulled it off but I think the wear and tear of playing DE took its toll on him. That said he would have been a major force for us and Edwards is a classic example of reaching for need in the first round turning out to be a HUGE mistake.

7. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Oh I agree. Troy EDWARDS Sucked!! Hell I knew that when we selected him. Hell, I bet THIS EDWARDS would have been better then Troy......

[​IMG]

8. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    In breaking News! In wake of the Steelers drafting of " JESSE JAMES ".....Roger Goodell took Immediate action. In light of Goodell's HATRED for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the drafting of Young Jesse James, the Commissioner released an Announcement that stated that " NFLPA "...will officially now stand for....

N-National
    F- Football
    L- League
    P- PINKERTON
    A- Assossiation

Be afraid Jesse...be very very Afraid!! :lolol: :roflmao::facepalm: