1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome To The Pittsburgh Steelers Bud Dupree!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Mike Prisuta was also talking about how he has some position flexibility which fits our sub package.

While I don't know enough about Dupree to know if that would translate, if it suggests more versatility with who we have on the field, where the blitzes come from, using guys all around the field etc., then I'm very happy with it.

Well, I'm happy with the pick as it is - this is just an extra.

2. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think this was an easy pick for us. :applaud:

Now let's hope we get that CB soon before this place erupts, lol

3. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Am happy with this pick. Agree wholeheartedly with Steeler Glenn,Thigpen, Dobre Shanka, and that there fan from KY.

4. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Great pick and great fit... All this talk about lack of consistency may be due to the fact that he was moved all over the field at Kentucky... Ezekial Ansah anyone???

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    For all the people crying for a CB. . I think we should only draft CB's, DB's then have them play the LB position. This team needs LB's more than they need 1 CB, Cortez will be back to where he was 2 seasons ago. I wouldn't compare Dupree to Jones , that's an insult to Dupree, I would compare Dupree to Woodley, only quicker and in much better shape

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think anyone is saying he's a bad pick, i just think nobody expected him to be there at the time. we have really been quite lucky with guys falling to us over the years. he's as good as any in this draft at that position. i don't think there was a pass rusher that was a head and shoulders above the others type of guy this year. similar to corner, they all seem pretty equal and thats not a bad thing. i think this whole draft is this way. they may slot them in different rounds but in the end some 3rd rounders are pretty equal with some 1st rounders overall. just preference. anyway "go bud the stud".:smiley1::cool:

7. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I'd rather we didn't have to blitz. I'd rather our pass rushers simply be able to pressure the QB like they are paid to do.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    heck contract we could have 8 LB'ers on the field at once. so is it really a blitz?:cool:

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Isn't this pretty much true of most kids in college? He is going from being a senior with a bunch of even younger guys to being mentored by guys like James Harrison. I think consistency, which is much a factor of concentration, will come.

10. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    Not a bad comparison, though Dupree doesn't have the same length (Ziggy has freakishly long arms) and Dupree has more playing experience.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I'm with you. I mean we cant just pick a CB just to pick one.. as soon as KC took one, there was no one left worthy of a 22nd pick.

12. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    Different animals. Woodley was stocky and relied mostly on power and hard work to get to the QB. Dupree has better length, is a much better athlete, and generally relies on athletic ability to get past the OT.

13. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    The biggest thing Deebo can tech Dupree is how to work even when he's away from the team. I'm not sure how much of Deebo's game is transferable.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree on who should start and get the most playing time. Just looking ahead and thinking how long it's going to take to move Moats now to the right side side. Because JJ was a first rounder it may take a while for them to make that move. I also have seen enough of JJ and really don't care if he was a first rounder. Firm believer in best player should play.

Hopefully by by the end of training camp this could happen and we don't waist a lot of time in the JJ experience.

15. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    A TE?----now that would have been a terrible pick.

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Colbert said he didn't expect Dupree to be there so it was a easy pick. I have heard people on here say he was a top 10 talent, my only ? what caused him to slide to us? I have heard of no offfield issues with this kid

17. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    I think it may have been Williams going 6th. A lot of people thought he would be 4th to the Raiders and when they took a WR all the pass rushers dropped down a bit.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I wonder who they had in mind being they didn't think he would be there. sure he was at the top of their list overall and looked at him early, but if the thinking was he wouldn't be there, we must have had a list of who we thought would be there for us and now we have to re work our needs positions to an extent. I know they talk of not drafting for need but that can only go so far to fill a roster with starting players.:cool:

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm guessing one of the corners,either Peters or Johnson, , For me i thought the run on the corners started sooner than i thought it would

20. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Looks like some teams were reaching for OL and WR, which pushed all the other players further down.

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    incidentally he was a steal in a position of need just scratch the olb they wanted in later rounds and sub with other needs left

22. jwest21

jwest21 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Good luck, Bud

23. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't remember who but there was a poster wanted to trade up till 9th overall to take dupree .. well glad we have saved all our picks and got the player

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Looks like we now have Bud and bud light
    ..hopefully he "brings out the best" in Jarvis.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He will be throwing seven different kinds of smoke. Coincidentally Bell will not be able to partake of any of said smoke. LOL.