1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The "I was wrong about ____" Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Dec 26, 2014.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I was soooooo wrong about someone named "TTF" and his feeble and zany attempt to create a desirable user friendly and successful Steeler message board and be able to convince all those old loyalists over to his probably ill-fated site. I'm happy to say, I was never so wrong (actually I couldn't wait to try anybodies Steeler MB but the official POS we all tried and failed to use so many years). Thanks Mr TTF (there's another whole thread devoted to our devotion to this man). :thumbs_up:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Danny Farmer easily makes my all-time "should have been awesome but weren't" Steelers team. Probably lining up opposite Fred Gibson, though there are a fair few he could be rotating with.

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I would say that I was wrong about Mendenhall, and Sweed. I thought we drafted two good ones there. We wasted the first two picks that year. On a positive note, I was wrong about Beachum.

Spartacus

4. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I was also wrong about Pouncey, and glad.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Count me in on this one!

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    :lolol: I knew you'd appreciate that, TTF. You were right about McClendon all along.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can't believe we all aren't saying we were wrong to Hack! He was the only one to keep saying Rolando McClain would be a solid player and that was before the meltdown in Baltimore, the retirement, the unretirement, the re-retirement and finally signing with the Cowboys and turning a season with 81 tackles, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, and 1 forced fumble. Hack was right us not so much.:thumbs_up:

9. Ryan

Ryan Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I was wrong about Harrison. I thought he was done and there was no way he could help them this year.

I wish i had been wrong about letting Lewis go and then overpaying Allen, but I hated those moves at the time. I was wrong about Mitchell, though. I thought he'd be more useful.