1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin after the game.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Dec 29, 2014.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm going to chalk your dislike for Todd Haley on the same. :)

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Well there's a lot of chalk needed for this thread
    Who's gonna beat the erasers?
    :smiley1:

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Big difference. I have given Haley credit and also have never said he is a bad OC (did suck as a HC though).

I can't stand Haley but how many times did you see me calling for his head this year? Or at anytime? I can dislike someone and put my personal feelings aside while judging their abilities.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I dislike Ben but think he's easily one of the best QB's in the league. My personal feelings of Tomlin have nothing to do with whether I think he's a good coach or not. It doesn't even make sense to think that. Tomlin the person has never done anything for me to dislike him. I don't even know what he's like as a person so how could I hate the man?

5. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    As can I. I've had many criticisms of Tomlin over the last couple of seasons and I think some of them are still valid. But...if he can get the team to respond and play winning football, those coaching deficiencies can be overlooked. It's in the midst of losing football that they are magnified.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yes. Dalton is very very average but Marvin Lewis is not much more than that. Sure, his hands have been tied but his teams usually do very dumb things during the coarse of the games. His use of timeouts are atrocious and have always been. His press conferences are comical at best. Glad he is not the Steelers HC.

I will say that he would be a better GM than an actual HC though. I will give him that.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You've come out and actually stated as much. You've actually said you hate him and someone else called you out on it for being a little harsh.

Whether you do or not doesn't matter, thinking Marvin Lewis is a good HC but Tomlin isn't makes zero sense.

8. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Who cares what I think of Lewis. I think he's a good coach from afar. If he was the Steelers head coach and I saw every single game, ever single play, then maybe I would think differently. Based on what I've seen, what I hear, what I read, I think he's a good coach.

Does it really make a difference what I think of Lewis or Tomlin? Some people on here are far too insecure. It's like you're going to lose sleep if every single person on earth doesn't think Tomlin and Ben are the greatest ever. Give me a break.

Good job completely derailing the thread though

9. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I definitely question Tomlin. I question a long pass play to double coverage and the following 3 and out after the Bungles cut it to one score. I question a fake punt with under 4 min left in the game when you could punt and give them a long field. I don't think Tomlin is bad, but who else do you hang these questionable decisions on?

10. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    If it's a one off, I hang it on Ben for the decision making or Haley for the playcalling. If it's a constant problem, year after year, then I blame it on the head coach for not addressing it.

11. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tomlin has already owned up to the fake punt call

the punting unit gave it away presnap
    not Tomlins fault

12. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I also didn't like either of those calls but I think they were trying to stay aggressive, put the nail in the coffin so to speak. While I didn't like the calls I can understand them. Our D played pretty well but the turnovers were definitely the difference makers, especially the last one where Green was stripped of the ball. You take those out of the equation and Cincy was able to move the ball well enough to score. Tomlin / Haley knew this so they were gonna take their chances on a few high risk / high reward plays. Face it if the fake punt works it's a brilliant call if not it's stupidity. The life of an NFL coach ;)

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    And if Tomlin had played passively the usual suspects would have cried about not keeping going for the jugular. It's the same **** every week. It's just ***** ***** *****, damned if you do damned if you don't

14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody said a word about Tomlin, except someone who is a Tomlin supporter. The "usual suspects" as you put it haven't said a damn word about the guy, except for possibly in the game day thread, although that's to be expected since every single play is commented on.

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't even question Tomlin on Ben's throw into double coverage. That's on Ben. By all appearances, he was throwing that ball no matter what from even before the snap. He never even looked anywhere else.

The fake punt was horribly telegraphed and executed.

I'm not above questioning Tomlin. But in these 2 cases, I think he gets a pass.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Get a grip, shaner, you're just pissed because I drew attention to a very inconsistent statement. Lewis is good but Tomlin sucks and should be fired. Got it.

And don't flatter yourself, I don't give a seconds thought to you or your opinions when not on the board, couldn't care less.

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Wow shaner you really should try reading for a change. Look at the post I quoted.

18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    That's right, shaner! It's me he's obsessed with! ;)

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I obsess over how much I am going to hear it if Haley ever leads the offense to a SB :lolol:

At least it will be cushioned by Lombardi #7 :yahoo:

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Just remind them that he did it with ba's players.

21. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I meant nobody complained about Tomlin until someone who likes Tomlin brought up the subject.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    There ya go! :thumbs_up:

23. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    How can an opinion on two different coaches be inconsistent? That's a stupid comment to make. They are two different people, of course my opinion on them is going to be different. Not to mention I can only judge what I know of Lewis, which is far less than what I know of Tomlin. That's not inconsistent, it's called having a different opinion than you do.

But let me guess, you think Lewis sucks?

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Wtf? Apparently you missed the subject of the thread, Tomlin. And the first bs criticism came in reply #3

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Inconsistent wasn't the word I wanted, meant conflicting.

I happen to like Lewis.

Him and Tomlin are very similar coaches, so I was curious as to why you think one is good and one sucks but you decided to get all butt hurt and make the topic last a lot longer than it should have.

Incidentally, the thread was taken off topic when people began talking about Lewis as a HC, not by me.