1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens MB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BlacknGold40, Dec 21, 2014.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah. In the XFL. LOL! Hoge is generally not afraid to tell it like it is.

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And in related news, Skip Bayless is trying desperately to have Roger Goodell destroy this tape.

:lolol:

3. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Notice the video is before the draft, so Hoge is saying these things even before his preseason flop.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    To hear Peyton tell it though it is TOTALLY Reggie Wayne's fault. That is usually the case with Peyton though. Like in 05 when he said "I'm trying to be a good teammate here but there were some problems in protection". LOL!

5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah the Peyton excuse team blamed Wayne. But watch the replay, he clearly felt the heat and did not step into the throw. @:50 here...

[video=youtube;wNzOkjGAAXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNzOkjGAAXk[/video]

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I love when sports journalists try and tell former PROFESSIONAL players how wrong they are in their evaluations. No wonder Sherman unleashed on Bayless. SMH.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In related news I wish the Steelers could find a way to lure Hoge away from ESPN. I read an article this week about Hoge's all-fundamentals team in which he evaluates players basic understanding of fundamentals as they pertain to all levels of football from peewee to the pro's. I think if he was hired on in an advisory capacity you would see the defense with better tackling and less flags for roughing the passer in questionable situations. His insights on tackling were really interesting, even talking about Lavar Arrington and his views on some of the tackles made this season, he is also on the all fundamentals commitee.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I will forever remember the exact moment of that play because it is extremely bitter sweet for me. I was celebrating profusely and literally the second that Porter crossed the goal line the phone rang and my wife picked it up to learn that her mamaw had just succumbed to cancer. My wife was pulling for Peyton because he's a Vol so I had to really calm down and put things in perspective. I still am extremely happy he lost though.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bayless is the worst, disagree with him about 99% of the time.

Hoge and Schlereth are my favorites, really know their stuff and tell it like it is.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I literally never watch ESPN except for MNF but when I used to have to watch it Salisbury was always the guy that got under my skin. I will say though that he hated all this "protecting the quarterback" crap. Theisman was horrible too. Bayless has to be the worst though. He just heard a myriad of reasons why Johnny isn't legit and he just totally disregards it and talks about what he heard from people that didn't even have success at the pro level. Everyone kneels before Saban but that guy was a clown in the NFL. I don't care about a guy's college success. Do it among men and we will talk.

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Or peyton is going to have a talk with the clock operator in Denver.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    OH YEAH! I forgot about him throwing THAT guy under the bus! LOL! That is just sad man.

13. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Annnnnnndddd.......Skip Bayless opens his mouth and once again proves he is an idiot.

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Just was flipping through the rats msg board. Dang they're all mad. Hate for JJ Watt is really bad there

15. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ah yes, fondly remembering Hairballs comments "That team that beat us last week, then they went and got their a@@ kicked". You just got your a@@ kicked out of the playoffs, chump.

16. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    To be fair, Manziel was put in with 3 games left in the season. A season that, in fact, was probably the biggest 3 games for the Browns as a team for many years! The first game he looked absolutely terrified, nervous, and even pathetic at times. Yes, I realize Big Ben came out his rookie year and DESTROYED it his rookie season. Is the browns defense as good as the Steelers was then? No. In my honest opinion, taking Hoyer out for Manziel was one of the most stupid coaching decisions I have seen in years. They put everything on his shoulders until the biggest game of the season? Good bye confidence. Hoyer was their best QB that brought them to where they are this year. Horrible coaching. Do I think Manziel will be the best? No. Very bad timing by the infamous brownies.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  18. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    On Yardbarker a rumor: Browns considering drafting Mariota. I guess that's why they are called "The Clowns".

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I read that as well, but it would require 3 #1's for 1. And Cleveland needs more than 1 player to be good.

20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I imagine Chip Kelley would give his right arm to get Mariota to run his offense that is designed for Mariota, somehow seeing sanchez trying to fake the option play is pretty funny when the defense knows sanchez or foles isn't going to keep the ball. And who knows, Mariota just might stay at Oregon for his senior year, he is a pretty grounded guy with high character....