1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'd rather lose...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Jan 7, 2012.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I never want to lose just to avoid another opponent. Winning cures all aliments.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What the...

You'd rather lose tomorrow than have a chance to win next week? That is INSANE! If you are really a Steelers fan and can't get fired up about the game tomorrow, you need to have someone check your pulse.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    There would be no shame in losing to the Pats or Ravens, as much as it would sting.

But the Broncos? NOOOOOOOO... the off-season is long enough as it is let alone having to live that down.

4. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm with u![/quote:1ag5bmov]
    Wow, the trolls are really flying high today. These 3 need to be marked with a "B" (for band-wagon) and shunned at every turn. Can you imagine the shame of losing to the 8-8 Broncos. Ugh...makes me sick to even think about losing to the pony-faced, back-door takin', low-life...

GO STEELERS!! :clapping: :yeehaw: :towel: :herewego:

5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'd rather get beat by a decent pasts team than lose to the tebows...

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The original post is right about one thing, we are way to beat up.....the only way I see we are saved is if Redman and Clay turn us in to a power running team. That would take a lot of pressure off Ben....

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I like our chances against new england. We can slow the game down and take the ball out if bradys hand. I have a really good feeling about the redman/clay combo. Think about it all teams are beat up and tired right now and we have a healthy and fresh combination that weighs a combined 500 pounds. Spann is no light weight either. Also they are going to be looking to tack away the short stuff we beat them with last time that in cpmbination with a power house backfield spells a lot of wrs open deep. Also us playing man last time opens a whope world of craziness for lebeau. He can now disguise zone blitzes with a man line up. That spells trouble.

8. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I live about 8 miles from Gillette stadium, and agree the patsie fans are more subdued this year. We have a shot if BB can go.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Was going to start a thread about how the Texans have just opened up the best road we could have hoped for......As I had stated in the Ben is banged up thread....We could not beat the Ravens with Ben in the gun most of the game,,,there was no way we could simply throw our way past them with Ben not being able to extend plays.....So if we win against the Broncs then Ben will have 2 weeks before he faces the Ravens....

Ben can stand in the gun and shread the Pats without a doubt,,we also have both our pass rushers back at OLB which is huge against the Pats not so much in stopping Ray Rice.......I will also go out on a limb as I think we will not play the Ravens at all now,,,,the week off will hurt them and the ground game is now healhy again for the Texans.....Also Yates is mobile and is hitting those PA passes....The Texans will beat the Ravens.....

So now all we have to do is beat a Team in the Broncs who we should own and then beat a weak D in the Patriots and follow that up with a stop the run game against a Team that is not as strong as the Rats and doesn't know us all that well......

So to answer the OP you are looking at it completly backwards as the road just got better not worst.....

10. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Exactly right, PWP.

Wanting to lose to the Broncos just so that we may not lose to the Pats is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in the name of "realism" on any message board. Incredulous.

11. SoCalBlitzBurgh

SoCalBlitzBurgh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man.. one game at a time! We will beat the donkeys and I dont want to think otherwise. Anything can happen as long as we progress and as we do, we hopefully will get healthier. We are already in the Pats head due to beating them once and we all know it wasn't as close as the score indicated. Lets enjoy the ride and see what happens! I wont be able to live with myself if we get "Tebowed", so lets go Steelers and get number 7!!

12. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Wow, the trolls are really flying high today. These 3 need to be marked with a "B" (for band-wagon) and shunned at every turn. Can you imagine the shame of losing to the 8-8 Broncos. Ugh...makes me sick to even think about losing to the pony-faced, back-door takin', low-life...

GO STEELERS!! :clapping: :yeehaw: :towel: :herewego:[/quote:2mr7p00n]

"trolls". haha. you're an idiot. comprehension doesn't seem to be a strong suit of yours, does it? i know the OP of this thread was in the stadium at XIII. i've been a fan for over thirty years as well. try being a bit objective. bandwagon? don't you live in ohio?

13. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Loose this week???? Your nuts and seem to be a fair weather Steeler fan. I wanna win this week, give Pouncy a chance to get better and take our chances one step closer to the Lombardy. Screw the Non believers! haha go STEELERS! As for the Cheators its time for payback.

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, geez. You're not one of those are you? :roll: Since when does where someone lives have anything to do with their standing as a fan?

15. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    PWP, you make a lor of sense about this topic. My wish was also that the Texans would win, sparing us another week in facing the Rats. Getting Ben through the Broncos game healthy should be a top priority for the Steelers in this game. Not having to see Thuggs, Nata, Lewis and the crew for another week is great news. Also, I believe that the Steelers can beat the Pats again because the Pats defense is not good. At least we should be able to score against them. Seems like every week the opposing team scores on the Pats early but doesn't have the defense to stop Brady. Our defense is better then those teams, so we should at least be able to slow the Pats down. This is the best road for the Steelers to travel to the Super Bowl.

16. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Well, Pouncey is out: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12007/1201928-66.stm
    So that solves that issue right there.
    Clark will sit and be replaced by Ryan Mundy: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12007/1201925-66.stm
    That solves that issue.

But that is it. If the o-line can hold for Ben, we'll crush them because their offense is mediocre at best, and our D is pretty much at full strength (besides Clark not playing).

I don't think Tebow can put up much points against our D and also, a gimpy Ben can get the job done. I'd love another shot at the Paties on their turf. They have no defense and LeBeau has em figured out.

One game at a time, boys!

17. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Troll? No. bandwagon fan? No. Realistic and pessimistic about the Steelers chances of winning a road game in Foxborough? Absolutely.[/quot

I can see why you feel the way you do. The Steelers hope for victory will ride with big ben in the playoffs. Considering he has been very inconsistent this year and now with this injury it does not look good. We should go into Denver and beat that pathetic team by 30 points but instead we will probably win by 6, if we're lucky. I like Ben and glad we have him however, every year I keep waiting for him to take his play to the next level and he never does. He is as good as he ever is going to get. That is still better than QB's on 25 or so other teams but I was hoping for more.
    Hopefully this site doesn't turn into the the site that sprung this one, where you couldn't say nothing negative about the Steelers without getting attacked . Making negative comments or observations no matter how true about your team doesn't make you a troll.Maybe it makes you a realist . I've been a Steeler fan for 35 years. When they play good I give them credit and accolades. When they play bad I slam them. Silly me.

18. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The first goal of every season is to make the playoffs. The Steelers accomplished that. Every game after that - the fans should see as a GIFT. So what if they beat Denver and lose to New England? So what if they beat Denver, beat New England and lose to the Ratbirds? So what if they go all the way to the Super Bowl and lose? Each win allows them to play in one more and possibly WIN that one more. A loss means the season is over. I don't care who their next week opponent is - I want a win THIS week. We can debate whether they'll win/lose next week once the Steelers earn that chance.

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's one thing to be pessimistic about making a super bowl run with our injury situation, but it's another to basically think we should just forfeit and go home. Do I think it will be tough to beat the Pats in Foxborough next week and then the Raisens at their place the following week, especially with our injuries? Sure, but why "almost hope we lose to the broncos" rather than rooting for us to make that run? As mentioned before, the packers caught fire as the #6 seed last season and had something like 11 players on IR and we all know how that turned out.

:flag:

20. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    My opinion is as follows:
    I have NEVER hoped to lose a game. I will NEVER hope to lose a game. I ALWAYS think the Steelers have a chance to win. I ALWAYS look forward to watching their chance to win. I am occassionally disappointed and often thrilled.

21. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

GO STEELERS!! :clapping: :yeehaw: :towel: :herewego:[/quote:1itpbuyq]

Troll...really?? I'm assuming u r one of many that r thinking that just because we beat the Pats once this yr, we will do it again......Do u know what our record is against them? Their coaches will make the necessary adjs, our's will not.

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Right? Correct me if Im wrong, but did we not already beat the Pats once this year??? Ben gets healthier (and to be honest Im not 100% sure he isnt healthier than he is letting on....), Clark plays, Pouncey is back..... NO WAY I want to lose to the Broncos :dizzy:

23. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    [/quote:1a5pjvh9]
    You mean how they played em bump and run man on the line last time and disrupted everything they do...
    GO STEELERS :herewego:

24. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can remember wanting them to lose their last game one time because it would help their draft status and a win did nothing. I think it was Cowhers last year.

25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    For those of you who agree with the OP let me set your late afternoon early evening television viewing schedule for you guys.

4pm NBC...Skating and gymnastics spectacular.
    6pm Game Show Net...Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
    7pm Encore Family...(movie) Little Women.

The real STEELERS fans will be watching the game!! :herewego: