1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pouncey might sit too ?!?!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tdot Steeler Fan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a high ankle sprain is just tough to come back quick on depending on the severity of it. i've seen so many start feeling a little better and as soon as they try to go on it boom, back to square one.
    it has nothing to do with being tough enough to do it, it's just an injury that takes alot of time to heal. that's what you have to do, let it heal. :cool:

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Those of you saying oh no...without Mendy, Clark and Redman the Steelers are done. The Browns MB is that way! They've played fine without these (and others) before and they will be fine without them now. Jeeez...have the faith.

3. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well all those injuries coupled with Ben still being injured and not playing well the past few weeks... this is a scary game coming up. I wouldn't act like we are guaranteed a win over the Broncos just because Tebow is QBing and lost 3 in a row. We are playing in Mile High also. A few turnovers and it could be over and the Broncos defense is good. Also, the fact that Ben even has to play is scary. The Broncos have two dangerous pass rushing OLBs and a Dline capable of keeping our damaged O-line busy.

Our defense is going to have force some TOs and we CANNOT let this game be close going into the 4th quarter. I think its a taller order than most of you are playing it out to be... with all that said however, I still have confidence we will come away victorious.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    my worry is ben. when he doesn't practice, he is not very good and seems to be alot more careless with the ball. we have the weapons to handle this team, i just hope ben doesn't force things. :cool:

5. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    We still are playing Denver. I say sit Pouncy get him healthy and let the "Next man up" stand up and do his job. If we play our game and don't let Tebow get out of the pocket we will win. I'm more concerned about Troy's health than Pouncy. I even be willing to let Batch start and let Ben sit. I'm not looking past the broncos but the real games are the following week in NE and Balt.

To quote Beastly "We will crush them; they suck!"

6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12005/1201572-100.stm
    and..
    http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/
    The first link, I just had saved to insert into another thread, about our injuries... "What worries me in these playoffs"...
    As I was browsing the "Gazette", I came across this one about Von Miller`s injury...
    I wasn`t even aware of it.
    Just goes to show we are not the only ones going into this tournament banged up...
    What I was wondering about the first article, was, What happened to Harisson`s toe?!?!
    He has had back surgery, a broken eye-socket bone, then a neck, and now, a toe?!?
    Same with Troy, He has now been listed with THREE different injuries the last three weeks.
    WTF?!?!
    I am just trying to figure out why they are such completely different injuries listed, week to week.
    Hopefully, they are all minor ones, related to playing a violent game, and as soon as one heals, another occurs.
    I could understand, if the injuries went from say, wrist to elbow, to shoulder, or vice-versa, on the same arm/leg, or whatever...
    But all these different injuries to different parts of the body, that just keep poppping up in the injury reports, without seeing anything happen on the field, makes me wonder how little we really know, about how healthy ANY of our players are, at any given point!
    Here`s hoping that our team, collectively, is like a wild animal...
    Most dangerous when wounded!
    `Cause we certainly are wounded.
    GO STEELERS!!!

7. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Dulac said on Locker Room show that if Pouncey does not go, you are looking at Legursky at Center and Kemo at Guard. Essex back up at both. Pouncey needs to sit, we need to win without him and he needs to be ready for Ngata or Wilfork next week. We can win without all those guys. Next man up!!!!!!!!! Steelers only need to score 3 to win, D is gonna pitch a playoff shutout!!!!!!!!

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Legs will do just fine, I like him better playing center

9. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Generally, the teams who go deep into the playoffs or win it all are the healthiest teams. People like to point at the Packers' injuries last year, but they were in pretty good shape in that postseason.

10. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It's fine, will give him more rest for the meaningful games. Really, all this game does is serve as a wake-up call to our young guys that it's playoff time. Get the butterflies out of their stomachs before BAL/NE.

11. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Have you seen Denver play? good defense and a very pathetic offense. This game will not be close.

12. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    STOP feeling that way!! Our reserves have plenty to bring (Jason Worildes anyone?)

Our backups, for the most part (not all) are all very good, :thumbs_up:

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed. Pouncey possibly being out stings the most, but we will be fine.

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I get what you're saying. That's why I said, "Starting to feel." Thanks :hello:

15. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

lol do I smell troll?

16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Trolls do smell repugnant (had to look up the meaning of that word)! Good, bad or otherwise, this team has had to play through adversity all year, it seems. It hasn't always been pretty but its been fun! I think we will be fine for this game and I expect anyone given the opportunity to play will take it pretty serious. Now all of you with lingering doubts can relax before the stomach ulcers kick in. Enjoy the ride wherever it takes you!!!

17. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Amen :herewego: :herewego:

18. 6stinkyfingers

6stinkyfingers Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    I grow tired of Tomlin's cliche's. That should read C'mom Man! They are down to 3rd stringers. Either our backups are that good or are starters stink. If they win you have to take your hat and give it to them.

19. weegie87

weegie87 Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Just goes to show how tough a high ankle is to play through...Ben is a tough SOB...Things will be fine..Bronco will be fine...Kemo will make a couple mistakes, whatever...The Steelers will persevere..Game will be close, of course...I don't think this staff gets enough credit on this board...They coach these guys up, The Steeler Way. Personally, I am so thankful that this Sunday I have something to look forward to...The sky is not falling...We all should enjoy this...This is what it's all about as a fan. Injuries lead to intrigue, which leads to fun, albeit nrevous and anxious times...Daddy's gotta feelin'....

20. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I have total faith in our back-up players...no doubt in my mind we're gonna win this Sunday! I'm glad Pouncey will rest. We need him healthy.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    We could be watching someone other than the Steelers play Sunday! How many teams and their fans are going to be watching someone else play this Sunday?

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I agree with you. Hell Pouncey missed most of the AFC Champshionship game last year and has missed several games this year. We will be fine without him. I am confident with both Mundy and Redman. Ben is actually the one I am the most worried about. :eek:

23. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Between the sheer numbers of injuries and the misleading information that comes out before games to throw the other teams, I've almost stopped paying attention to who is in or out until I see if they're on the sideline or the field. The Steelers have built a dynasty on creating a team where people can fill slots as needed, and not on star players (not that we don't have them). I trust them to handle whatever is handed to them this week, though I admit we're getting darn thin in some areas. I do remember, however, some games where we were looking at having to go to receivers as fourth QBs, so you never know. :)

24. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The standard is the standard.

The Steelers are the Steelers.

HERE WE GO!!!!

:herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego:

25. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011