1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Mitchell banned from social media

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ohio Steeler, Nov 18, 2014.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Sadly,
    It's just society these days and lack of understanding social media in general.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually I took a sign with the name of the site on it with me to the game last night and maybe Mitchell came here and saw what we people were saying. LOL. Actually he was right next to me and he stopped to sign some stuff and I was telling this other fan next to me that I wouldn't mind if he signed my towel but really I thought he sucked and that guy agreed. Most of the people didn't even know who he was until I told them that it was Mike Mitchell. There was this guy next to me that was already 3 sheets in the wind and he was telling me that this skinny old white lady was AB's girlfriend and I was like "uhhhhhmmmm... I don't think so..." LOL!!!

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn't Pouncey lose it on some twitter people after the Tebow debacle? I was thinking that he went off on some people and told them to like "get a life" or something like that.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, Pouncey lost some fans that night. I recall a lot of it was sort of arrogant stuff like, 'look at you, you're a nobody, I'm a somebody' etc.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah! I knew he said something like that. I think he might have even mentioned how rich he is or something too. I think also came across as though he didn't really care about losing too. Something like how it was "just a game" and all that. While that's true it's really condescending to say when most players talk about all their hard work and stuff but then turn around and act like it's "just a game". Well, if that be true, then why give so much of yourself to it ya know? It just comes across as a cop out at that point.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What's really hilarious is that the NFL gives classes on this and stops into training camp to tell them not to get engage liked this by fans.

7. tarheelsteel

tarheelsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Unfortunately social media gives everybody a chance to show how stupid they are. I think a lot of times the smart thing to do is to just say nothing. And I say that for both players and fans.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw this article a few weeks ago that was talking about the "most annoying facebook posters" and it had things like people who take a lot of pics in their home and make sure that everything always looks like they live in a Pottery Barn catalog, people who make cryptic posts and then when people ask what is wrong they say it's nothing and they don't want to talk about it, people who take pics of their FOOD for crying out loud, people who always want people to "like" their post (whatever that means), and then "ranters". They were talking about people that have a negative thought, go to facebook, tell everyone about it, and just go off about stuff. I'd say Mitchell must have came across some of these type people and he probably would "like" that article. LOL. When public figures put themselves out there they are honestly dumb if they expect people to just constantly sing their praises. The web helps people to say anything to anybody and not have any consequences.

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ok Mike should not have said to "go kill yourself", but who the hell is that troll who egged him on like that, whoever tweeted Mike Mitchell is a douche. Seriously.

You can't expect for everyone to sing your praises, but people need to learn respect.

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

EL NO GUEY

let him tweet

I would also accept

GO F$%^ YOSELF

SUX 2 B U NERD

and any of the million

YO MOMMA..............

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    That was my thought. I have a feeling if Mitchell was playing good football right now a majority of the fanbase would be on his side, which is pretty sad.

Should Mitchell be more professional than that? Yes.

I can't exactly blame him though. None of us know what that's like. Imagine you're trying your best at work every day and just having a rough few months, and every day you get messages from hundreds of people telling you how bad you are. I could see myself probably snapping at some point.

Why do all the screen shots we've seen ONLY show one side of the conversation? That's pretty telling that this twitter troll doesn't want to show both sides.

I remember Patriots fans making fun of Torrey Smith's deceased brother on twitter. If he'd told those Pats fans to go kill themselves would anyone care?

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't care about this crap, I swear people make the biggest deals over nothing.:facepalm:

13. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    At least our organization takes control of the problem right off the bat. Other teams around the NFL don't