1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our offense +Denver's offense = trouble

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Romans5:8, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm concerned about our offensive point production. We have been moving the ball all year, really, but we haven't seen a lot of redzone success in games. This concerns me going up against a team like Denver. Why? They can run the ball.

And they run the ball well. When that happens, the game gets shorter. That means fewer redzone opportunities to be had--and our percentages in that area of the field suggest we need as many opportunities there as we can get.

I just hope this game isn't close going into the 4th quarter. It only takes one bad defensive play to lose a game when the offense has been lethargic.

2. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As much as I want to believe others on here that we will blow the Donkeys out, I really am afraid this will be a really close game. (I still think we will win but it will be tight.)

3. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think we have a better chance of scoring points then they do. I just can't see Tebow getting more then 6 points on our D. If we don't lose the TO battle, we should win by 10 or so.

4. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree!! Hope we come out focused and playoff inspired.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Redzone is fixed......Give the ball to Redman and run PA and throw the ball to the TE'S........If BA will use Redzone we will have no problems in that area,,,,,As stated in the other thread the D will have to committ to the run immediately or Redman will run them over......So before the game even starts we know that Miller and Saunders will have 1 on 1 coverage from a running set......Now if BA knows that then he knows the Broncos D can't stop both of these so mix it up and abuse them in the Redzone...

I predict we go 4 out of 5 in the Redzone if we approach the game this way,,,,all signs say this is the exact way to approach it,,,,anything else is just absurd....

6. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    yea I know what you mean, kinda like that playoff game in the mid 90's against the Chargers.

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yep turnovers will be key in this game. And I think Tebow has a few in him to give up.

8. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    The entire game lies on our defense and Ben's bad ankle (which apparently got worse again in the Browns game!). Charlie Batch could have flattened the Browns. Stuff like this really irks me!

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Our defense has given up ONE touchdown in the last 4 or 6 games or something sick like that. I think we'll be O.K. against Tebow & Co. Remember, it will be the first time in quite awhile that Harrison and Woodley will play together too.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    When was the last time teebow and co scored a TD.... We will be fine.....worry about next week if you want to though

11. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Personally, I think our defense is one thing that makes the Steelers very scary in the playoffs in general. They have quietly gone about their business without giving up any touchdowns. It will be hard for any team to win in the playoffs if they can't score touchdowns. So, while Ben may be hurt and the offense banged up, we may just fly under the radar with a very efficient and stingy defense.

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ugh, you had to bring that up? ;) I was SO over confident that day..... :cry: