1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that scare me in these playoffs!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    1. Our OL/OC
    2. Ravens DL/ front seven against our OL/ Ray Rice
    3. Patriots TE's /no pressure on Brady?
    4. Aaron Rodger and the Green Bay Packers? Will have to play lights out to beat them
    5. Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints? Ditto see above.

I honestly believe the Steelers can play with all these teams above,
    but they have not shown me this year other than the game against the Pats and the Bengal game at home that they are capable of putting a complete game together. What are your thoughts

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I posted this point a few months back, but I used to have a lot of confidence in our team "stepping up" when it came to things like this. Even in the last SB, after struggling for some time, we had a drive to come back and win it. When it's our year, we always make that drive. Since the SB, I've just not had the confidence that the "stepping up" is there. If it is - then none of the points above scare me.

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm with you. I think the "Stepping up" factor has been the victim of injury this year. Despite the winning record it just seemed like all year long it's been 2 steps foward and 3 back for this team primarily due to injuries at too many positions all year long. When called upon the back-ups have done an admirable job but it's still not the same as having your starters playing together on a regular basis. Without that you lose continuity which creates communication problems on the field which then leads to more errors, physically and mentally. I still think we have a legit shot but if we get knocked out I won't be surprised at all. For example if we end up heading up to New England I don't see that game being anywhere close to the game we beat them earlier this year. In the 1st game Ben wasn't limping around and the Pats were still trying to find their stride offensively. I think the Pats are now better on offense and Billicheat will have his D better prepared to defend the pass to our TE and the short passing game in general. Add all that to the Pats having home field and us trying to beat them twice in the same year and that's a helluva mountain to climb. Just saying.

4. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Our team, in perfect physical shape, could go toe to toe with the best of them. Not even an issue.

Therein lies the problem. Our defense is relatively healthy, but we have a gimpy QB who can't scramble which is the name of his game. It's how he works, and how he plays and when he is healthy he is a gem. HE IS NOT HEALTHY AT ALL RIGHT NOW!

Without our star QB at 100%, we won't go too far. I hope I am wrong and his sprain is getting better every week, but if you were the other teams defense, wouldn't you be going for that ankle on every play'?

That is how I look at it right now.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Aaron Rodgers and drew Bree's yes.....the afc no

6. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Lets beat Denver 1st. Have a bad feeling about this game. EVERYONE picking our boys to walk all over the Broncos. I could see a few turnovers by Ben that give us the loss.

7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It's when all the chips are down that the Steelers shine. I have a feeling that these guys are going to make some serious noise in the playoffs. I just have that feeling... Everything is stacked against the Steelers, right now. And I think they're going buck up against adversity and shock the entire league.

NE is too over-confident. BAL is scared to see PIT again. DEN shouldn't be an issue. NO and GB don't have the defense to keep up with PIT; PIT defense just needs to neutralize their offense... which is very possible.

:herewego:

8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It's when all the chips are down that the Steelers shine. I have a feeling that these guys are going to make some serious noise in the playoffs. I just have that feeling... Everything is stacked against the Steelers, right now. And I think they're going buck up against adversity and shock the entire league.

NE is too over-confident. BAL is scared to see PIT again. DEN shouldn't be an issue. NO and GB don't have the defense to keep up with PIT; PIT defense just needs to neutralize their offense... which is very possible.

:herewego:

9. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It is amazing how it all comes down to having an elite healthy QB. More so this year than most.

This bodes well for Packer, N.O., N.E. and Detroit. Also, Cinci, Baltimore, Giants, Falcons, SF have decent healthy QBs. That leaves Broncos, Houston w/o their starters from the beginning of the year. I bet they will exit quickly.

Is Pittsburgh the only playoff team with an injured QB? If Ben is 100%, I believe we would win it all...

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think it's been a game where someone on the oline got injured.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Things that scare me in these playoffs....
    #1... Ben`s ankle
    #2... The rest of our injuries....

As has been said...
    I believe that at full strength, we can beat any other team in the league, although, not without a struggle.
    Unfortunately...
    We are FAR from full strength.
    No excuses, we gotta do the best we can with what we got, and hope for the best.
    But facts are facts...
    We are a seriously wounded team, going into this, and ain`t likely to get healthier as we go.(Except for Woodley coming back this week)
    GO STEELERS!!!! Be the most dangerous wounded animal you can be!!!

12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

C'Mon man, these are the playoffs, Tebow's gut is going to be tighter than a.....(insert what ever you like). He will complete more passes to Ike Taylor than he will to his entire team. Ben will be lights out.

13. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    .... that the Mayans were off by 11 months....

(OK, I just couldn't resist there. Sorry.)