1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Joe Flacco, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Where would you rather the Steelers play? They will most likely get by Denver and Tebow, but afterwards poses an interesting scenario. Either they go to Baltimore where they lost already this season (2x to the Ravens) or up to New England where Tom Brady doesn't lose often.

I'd love to see the Steelers back in Baltimore. The only two teams that play football the way its supposed to be played.

Cheers

2. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I voted Baltimore for selfish reasons. The only way we see them is if Cincinnati beats Houston. Then, assuming we take care of the Ratbirds we can hope Cincinnati takes care of Marcia & company and we get the AFC Championship at home.

I know, I know, very unlikely scenario, but I can dream, can't I? :praying:

3. nafsreleets43

nafsreleets43 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I rather go to Play Billycheat there defense is pretty bad...

4. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    DUH!

5. Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know this... I'm asking where you would rather them play if you had a choice.

6. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'd rather go to Baltimore. Ravens are inconsistent on offense (like us) and I think our teams are so similar that it would be hard for them to beat is a third time

7. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    The New England Pussies are tough at home...will take Ratbirds at Balt in a heartbeat!

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I know I wouldn't mind making that 650 mile drive on a Friday night for the game, and head back Sunday night/Monday after the game!!! I've already got tickets for it, just need a game!! :swordsman:

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I voted new England we beat them this year plus they won't beat us to death so we have players for the next available game

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What is this? We have infiltrators on the board already?

11. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    New England...We know how to beat them.

Plus, the Ravens will try to injure us.

12. Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco Member

Jan 2, 2012

The board will be more interesting with me here now. haha. always love steelers fans chiming in over at baltimoreravens.com. I used to keep up with the official steelers board but that thing has gone to crap.

Love having civil arguments with knowledgable steeler fans.

13. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    New England first because if we lose before the AFC championship game I'd rather it be against them. That and I don't want an even more banged up team to play the AFC finale. Beating Baltimore in the AFC championship game would be sweet redemption :rawk:

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Baltimore. Because I want the Revenge Tour 2012.

Baltimore to avenge our 2 regular season losses. (and laugh my ass off as the gatorade tub stays on their table)

New England in the AFC Championship on THEIR field to avenge those 2 AFCCG losses they handed us in Heinz Field.

Then Green Bay in the SB.

Revenge Tour 2012... coming soon.

15. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    My thoughts exactly :thumbs_up:

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Smells like beastlyqb7 to me :hmmm:

17. colohawki

colohawki New Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Ratbirds in a heartbeat.

18. sologig

sologig Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    baltimore,then at home against the bengals :shrug:

19. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    In a perfect football world sure,,but i doubt it

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    last time we went to baltimore was a bloodbath, and a mobile ben was sacked 9 times, no thanks

21. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm with you, on this one. :superman:

22. Still Exiled

Still Exiled Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I really wrestled with this question before voting for the Patriots.

If the question was "which team would you rather beat in the playoffs?" I'd say the Ravens, hands down. You always want to claim supremacy in your Division and a playoff victory over the Ravens would be sweet revenge for all the [BAD WORD] we've had to listen to from Ravens fans this season.

However, I think the way things are, the Steelers have a better chance of beating the Patriots in the Divisional round this year. The Patriots are a soft team with a genuinely bad defense, and as formidable as they are offensively our secondary is capable (more so than in prior years) of keeping Brady in reasonable check. The Ravens would be playing at home with a huge chip on their shoulders and I think it would be tough with all the injuries for the Steelers to match the Ravens physicality.

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm going to go with the old adage, "It's very difficult to beat the same team 3 times in one season," here. Granted, that was said many times a couple of years ago and Pit did just that against the Ravens anyway, but I don't see the Ravens beating Pit 3 times this season.

24. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I read that New England is hosting their divisional game on Saturday night the 14th and Baltimore hosting theirs on Sunday the 15th. Not that it's a huge difference, but if we get past the Broncos, should the extra night of rest (esp. for Ben) be a reason to hope for a trip to Baltimore?

25. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    THE RATS!!