1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Last place Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I hope that sits well with the players this week maybe this is the embarrassing loss they need for some changes and wake up call

2. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Our team is emberacing Does anyone care on this team. Maybe Mitchel does. That is it.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    it wont be. we have been here before. this team just isn't any good. I cant explain it because they have talent. some say coaching but these coaches have all won. haley, lebeau, tomlin have all been winners. I don't get it but this one hurts.

that being said it is 24-3 at 3:15 est. I am hoping for a 27-24 win and all will be fine.lol

4. Steel City

Steel City New Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Horrible, horrible, horrible. This game is hard to watch. I would give the team off all next week tell them to do whatever they want then play next week and when they lose i won't feel so bad. Oh, and tell Haley to go on vacation for a couple of weeks, don't need him anyway

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    "We'll accept it, we'll wear that and move on." -- mike tomlin :)

6. SteelerFan

SteelerFan Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I think we are going to "wear it" for awhile this season.

The current state of the team is a damn shame...

7. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    The bright side is that for the past several years the Steelers have been coached and played better in the second half of the season, when it was close to contract talks and being retained with jobs on the line. So far, this is Tomlin's getting off to a fast start that he talked about in training camp.

8. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    think i sprained my wrist punching the wall, looking at this ****fest

9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Right where we deserve to be.

10. JaB

JaB New Member

Oct 12, 2014
    That they have all won before doesn't mean squat. Ben used to be an elite qb, Troy used to be an all star safety. Tomlin won with an inherited team. He has shown no ability to effectivly coach a pro football team. Seldom has them ready for a game. Can't even start a new quarter without taking a timeout. Use of personnel is questionable. This team won't win again consistantly with Tomlin/Lebeau/Haley.

11. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    This season is lost.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Best to just ignore this loss and move on.
    Next week we 'll get back on track.

13. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    I love your optimism you're one of the very few people that remain positive through all this but I just don't see it

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Glenn, how do you ignore a loss like this? How do you ignore all of the really bad losses we've had the last several seasons? How do you ignore the fact that under this current coaching administration our Pittsburgh Steelers are falling apart at the seams? How do you ignore the fact that Kevin Colbert couldn't miss on a draft pick when Cowher was coaching the team and now that Tomlin is coaching the players Colbert's an idiot? How do you ignore the fact that talented young players seem to not develop or regress under Tomlin and staff? How do you ignore the fact that we can't win with a franchise quarterback? How do you ignore the fact that there seems to be no discipline on this football team? How do you ignore the fact that the players don't seem to be buying what Tomlin is selling? How do you just stick your head in the sand on all of this, friend?

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Totally see what you did there lol

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If we don't make the playoffs I'm fine with giving Tomlin the boot. Lot of season left, but we're missing something here.

17. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    How many times are we going to say this? The last time we managed to stay awake for all of 1 game. This team is what it is. Undisciplined, unfocused, and poorly led.

18. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    :applaud:

19. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    There is no heart, from the top down.

20. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    The only teams that we are better than in AFC are the Raiders Jacksonville and the Jets

21. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    SteelerGlenn....take of the rose colored glasses. This team isn't going anywhere.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don't start that nonsense! My glasses aren't rose colored. Do you think I'm under some great illusion that this is a Super Bowl team? Just cause I don't join in on all the fire everyone drama doesn't mean I don't understand that this team has problems that need some attention. I'm just not ready to throw in the towel after 6 games and a 3-3 record. Remember 1995 when we were 3-4? Anything can happen.

23. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    SteelerGlenn...I didn't say anything about firing everyone. This team at best will be very fortunate to win eight games. Your earlier comments is exactly the type of fan reaction that the NFL wants. Facts are the facts and this isn't a very good football. I will continue to watch every game in the hopes that better days are to come. I'm not looking for the Steelers to win every game, but to at least show up and be competitive. That in itself is a challenge these days. Sorry to say.

24. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I've got news for you. Record wise yes we are better then them but we barely beat Jacksonville and I would bet that we would have a very hard time beating both the Raiders and the Jets at this point. I would even say we are the worst team in the AFC because we have a Superbowl winning QB while the 3 teams you mentioned are playing a 2nd year QB and 2 rookies! At least they have an excuse!

25. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Living in western Ohio, there will be no "forget it and move on." There are a few of us Steeler fans here, but we are surrounded by Bengals and Browns fans. Oh yes, and one Packers fan (have no idea how that happened, but I digress)....

The Bengals have finally emerged from their "Bungles" days and have put together a decent team (good draft picks and a coach that got rid of the "star" quarterback for a youthful. more productive player that the team can rally behind). Bengals fans are somewhat courteous, they remember well the bottom dweller mentality. Browns fans are another story. When Modell moved the franchise to Baltimore, he crushed the fanbase. These "new" Browns (1999) are NOT the Browns of old. They have had TWO wins in that time vs. the Steelers (that 51-0 fiasco several years ago and this past Sunday's 31-10 embarassment). To them, it is their Super Bowl. It will not be an easy week, which will NOT be erased until the two Cleveland games NEXT year.