1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sure no love for the D, but what about the O?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Sep 28, 2014.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He not as effective in the red zone because he does not have tall and strong wide receivers like most other teams. You cannot get the jump balls or the back of the end zone plays with the small receivers we have. This has been a problem for a while now. In a compressed field you need those tall, strong receivers like Ben has been saying.......

2. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The loss was the offense's fault (mainly play-calling), plain and simple.

3. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    The loss is because we were outcoached and out played. We are very talented but we start off slow, give them turnovers and early leads given to ****ty teams. Then we get our act together and the defense and offense click and dominate till half. After half we don't game plan and we don't react to anything the other team is doing. Why with our supposed line are we giving up five sacks and not running the dam ball. We are undisciplined lazy and uninterested.

I am going to Jacksonville this week and I want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, not the brownies. The Carolina game was the only game we played for 60 minutes and that is what I expect next week. I am and always will be a Steeler fan but this season and the start of last season really pisses me off.

I hate the new CBA because our team has no motivation, we need more practices in pads and two a days in August. Why does it take our guys half the season to turn it on like they did last year? Answer undisciplined.

Forgive my rant but I am disappointed with all of our team and coaching staff; Oh yeah the Rooney's too. I'm sure the chief is rolling over in his grave with our current team.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no love for any steeler right now. I drove 12 hours to watch them beat up on the bucs only to watch them hand it all back + 3 points

And drove 12 hours back home

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't hate Flea Flickers, but it was totally the wrong moment. We needed high percentage methodical movement of the ball at that point to seal the game. To run a reverse and a Flea Flicker in the same set of down was kind of careless. It was like we got cocky thinking the game was already over.

AB was NFL open, but he was certainly not wide open.

6. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm sorry about that Coastal, I hope our players and coaches pull their heads out and get it right this Sunday.

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Me too Steelcop, still pissed at them all right now

8. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

If he catches it it waltzes into the end zone. That is pretty wide open. He has to catch that ball. Way easier catch then his TD.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Our D is gonna be inconsistent this season. We will see stretches of garbage and stretches of great play too. But in no way shape or form can they be the unit we lean on I agree with the OP. The O needs to carry the load a little bit, as it is definitely the more polished unit of the two. We have a multi super bowl winning QB, a total stud WR, a studlier RB, and a decent all around TE. IDK why we try to run out the clock and hope our D holds. Our offense is definitely the better unit, and we should let the better of the two try to win the game for us. If we score any points at all (or go for one freaking first down on 3rd and 5) in the 4th quarter, we win the game. That's it.