1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And Blount Cited With Marijuana Possession, Bell DUI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 20, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Not if you're a regular user though, right? That's my understanding, though, you are more qualified than I. :)

2. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    If your a regular user I would imagine your urine will almost certainly show up to some level. That's why they usually look at the amount in your system, kinda like alcohol beverage is .08. Plus for DUI in CA and WA (My states of expertise) you have to show their driving was impaired, ie field sobriety test, eye exam, time estimation etc.

3. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    In Pa, if the level of any intoxicant is higher than legal levels you will be charged with DUI regardless of your performance of field sobriety test.

4. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Apparently this is the girl that was with them. A college student from California:
    [h=1]Mercedes E Dollson[/h]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice but I still like mine better hehe

Bman

6. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    LOL. Yeah she's an amateur Model as well. Wonder how she wound up in Pittsburgh?

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    According to reports, they have been officially charged. Blount for possession, Bell for possession and DUI.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks, Steelcop. Not to get too off topic, but being legal in your state (assuming WA), are the DUI laws more or less strict than in most states?

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Now these guys have the money so hopefully they have excellent legal representation. Not that the commish wont still make sure they are punished . That I am sure of

Bman

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The Pats wanted him back and even i think offered him a deal...but they didnt want to match what the Steelers offered. Like TTF said to our knowledge he has been clean in the NFL and no violations to date. So to say hes a bad influence or a problem players is ridiculous!

11. Steelcop

Nov 20, 2011
    DUI laws are pretty strict here as far as arrest. We have mandatory arrest if your over the limit or impaired. Fines are crazy high and a big money maker for government (Hmmm). However still being a misdemeanor jail time for the first couple of arrest is almost nonexistent.

12. Steelcop

Nov 20, 2011
    For a normal person I wouldn't be surprised to see it reduced to a reckless driving for the first offense. That would mean no DUI conviction but a fine and probable suspension of a driver's license. For a celebrity I haven't a clue. Goodell will definitely go harder on us than Ray Rice.

I was told the NFL has a service that will provide transportation for free in order to prevent DUI. I guess they didn't use that service because weed is against rules no matter what.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I for one hope so . Personally I think its a big waste of time to go after people for simple possession but I guess as someone else has written it does not matter the legalities in the real world. The NFL has rules and every player must abide by them

I think your right Steelcop about them coming down hard on the Steelers. Ray Rice punishment was a joke.

Bman

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    pretty shameful

If you look at the bag of weed on the home page on arrest report

then they should both be suspended for a season
    because that bag looks like some stemmy seedy stuff

where's the hairs?
    where's the sparkles?

shame on my Steelers for smoking dirt weed

no wonder they had an ounce and had smoked 8 grams of it
    turribl jus turrible

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Geesh, everyone's a critic. I changed it just for you. :smiley1:

16. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    dont think this will happen by the start of the season... might not even happen this season .. things dont move that fast..

HINES

17. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    THIS JUST IN .... they both admitted to smoking but they both said THEY DIDNT INHALE .... like our countrys greatest president .. EVER !

HINES

18. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
  19. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As far as I'm concerned those two a**wipes said FU to the Steelers We'll do what we want. No doubt those boys arn't the smartest two in the world , but driving around in a car getting high, really? Are they trying to get suspended so they get out of playing some games? Lazy, poor work ethnic? We're 8-8 two years in a row. Things are staring to look up. Everything has to fall in place and this. Disgusting.

20. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    We will.

21. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    well i guess we had no choice but play the puffer brothers tonight .. poole and will johnson are inactive with hammys ... so that leaves archer and maybe one more ...

HINES

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup and as Coach tomlin pointed out there is no point in harming the others on the team for these knuckle heads

bman

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Any league discipline will take awhile maybe not happen this season at all. Were they planning on bringing those 20 grams of weed to Philadelphia?

24. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Havent read all 9 pages here so if someone beat me to this story sorry.....

My guess is Blount and Bell are nervous fliers and needed something to calm their nerves before the looonggggg flight from Da Burg to Philly. Just trying to calm themselves for the flight....OR... They were just as one Burg paper called them...DOPES..... Hummm.......Im voting DOPES.

25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If you fail in NY,LA,Miami,whats left???