1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just want to put this out there

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Aug 9, 2014.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Why you sonofa... :lolol:

So, if the Steelers lose tonight, is the season doomed?

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep. Might as well phone it in, lol.

in all seriousness, the pre-season last year sort of set the tone for the first half. I'd just like to see a little purposeful intensity this pre-season. We didn't see that in our 0-4 preseason last year. We were as flat as 3 day old Coke.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Preseason matters in terms of quality play , not so much in Wins and losses.
    Although after going 0-4 last preseason we better get at least 2 wins this year or Steeler Nation may go crazy!

5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    The preseason is huge this year with the youth movement we are currently transitioning to

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They need to start making their statement tonight W or L... It does matter moving forward, these boys need it.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    yes
    the youth movement is key

this is why I'm taking the 3 pts tooo many players with toooooooooo much to prove
    I have to start getting my feet wet in the betting on nfl games

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn't count technically but it is disconcerting seeing the DE's blowing by our LT's.

9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    The positive: When the game first started and we saw the players that will get actual playing time. Looked good.

After that, the srubs look like what they are, scrubs.

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And the WRs beating off the defensive backs

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ima gonna steal this gif from TTF...

Hey Big Lebowski, does pre-season matter?

[​IMG]

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How do you gauge players performances against other competition? Preseason does matter.
    Very important especially with a YOUNG team.

13. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    hope you didnt bet the kids college fund our you IRA ... guess you lost by a point... tuff one...lost on a missed 38 yd FG

HINES

14. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we just need to go 2-2 in the PS ... win the 2 home games.. lose the two road games and it will be a fine PS 1-3 or 0-4 willl carry over to the reg season but i dont look ofr another 0-4 PS

HINES

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    LOL
    no , just a little scratch.
    did we just give this guy a new contract to kick field goals? ARRRGH lol

figured Tomlin would fer surely not let our team go 0-5 in preseason

guesss that 70 sumthin yard TD run was up the gut and he couldn't step into the way

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Preseason is for coaches to evaluate players and for players to try and make the team and the 3rd game is a tuneup for the starters. The outcome of preseason has no bearing on the outcome of the regular season, means nothing and thats want I am referring to.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    MT seems to think different. he said so in the interview after halftime. he said the score does matter. winning sets the tone for winning. lots of work to do and we have a little distraction with buffalo coming in to practice. I hope they can get some individual time with some players. they need it. 1st team did look pretty good but again we need TD's when we get down there. I'd be much happier with 7 instead of 3 on a nice drive like that.:cool:

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Same old offense still cant find the endzone, I would have kept them on the field until they scored a TD like Coughlin did with Eli, if tomlin thinks he is going to the super bowl he better get this team motivated very soon, and set the tone for a winning season before it's too late......

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, this is how he feels about preseason:

“What we’re looking for in this first time out really is quite simple: I want the group to play fast, I want them to play with the urgency that’s required to play winning football in a stadium setting,” said Tomlin. “I’m looking for that. We’d like to keep penalties to a minimum, we’d like to play assignment-clean football, but at this stage of the journey we’ll see where we are in that regard. But what’s paramount is that we play fast and we play hard and we play with urgency.”

If you said to him they started 0-4 last season because of an 0-4 preseason record he'd laugh at you and you know it.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no, he actually said the score does matter on his way back to the sidelines after halftime when the sideline reporter said well the score doesn't matter it's pre season. he said oh yes the score does matter. he made a point to correct the reporter about that statement.:cool:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That's funny because last year he said it didn't.

He'd still laugh at anyone suggesting they started 0-4 because of preseason.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pre season matters and winning sets the tone for winning. MT better have these players prepared
    for opening day and pre season does just that
    and WINNING a few games should be in the mix. Red Zone offense is critical, and should apply
    to 1rst,2nd and 3rd teams.

23. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Preseason = practice. Unless you're Iverson (and Martellus Bennett), practice matters. Therefore the preseason matters.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but that's not what people are talking about, there are people wrapped up in wins and losses and you cant win anything in preseason so it doesn't matter in that regard.

25. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree the record doesn't matter in the push for the division title and playoffs. But I think there is also a valid argument that winning in the pre-season can create emotional or mental momentum for the regular season and alternatively losing in the pre-season can put teams in a rut. This will not happen every pre-season but I think it can have an effect at times.