1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Pass

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Kel_In_PA, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Kel_In_PA

Kel_In_PA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Has anyone ever used Audio Pass on NFL.com to listed to games? We will soon be moving out of state. I suppose I will have to change my screen name now! We will not be able to watch the games on TV since we will be in a different market. :thumbsdown: Going to a bar for games is not really an option. We will not have Direct TV where we are going. Years ago we lived in the DC area and we had Sirius (the boom box) to listen to games. Not as good as seeing them on TV, but better than nothing. I was wondering if Audio Pass was worth the price and if it was reliable--good audio quality, no fading out during the game, etc. Also, is Audio Pass similar to Sirius in that they provide the local broadcast? I actually would prefer that over the jerks they have calling the games on TV.

At least I will see the playoff games out of state. I am mostly asking for next season.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. bettisfan

bettisfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have it for emergencies when i can not find a good video feed on the net. I love the radio broadcast it is awesome.

3. Oldguy

Oldguy

Dec 1, 2011
    I live in Idaho, and Audio Pass is all I've had for years. It works fine, and I have accessed it from different computers with no problem--although not two at the same time, of course. It is nice to be able to listen to the Steelers radio crew whether home or away.

4. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Why pay for the audio pass? You can stream the same feed off of the radio stations that have a listen live option. Or, just watch it off the net. ;) ;)

5. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  6. Kel_In_PA

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't think you could do this. I have tried going to 105.9 here in Pittsburgh and the "listen here live" option played music during the game. I thought the NFL controlled all broadcasts to the point that they did not allow the live feed over the internet. I will have to check again, it would be great if I could do that instead!

7. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    That's because you were in the local market. now, you'll be outside the market and you can stream it then. I hope this helps ya. :yeehaw:

8. Kel_In_PA

Oct 18, 2011
  9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude I live in TN and I miss alot of games that are not national and I have tried to find ways to listen also. I did not know about this but man I really appreciate that post! I can hear the game! YESSS!

10. Kel_In_PA

Oct 18, 2011
    That makes sense now. Thanks for the info. It looks like I have several options.

I wish I could somehow sync the internet broadcast and the live game so I could turn off the sound on the TV and listen to the local broadcast. The guys on TV drive me crazy. The radio/internet broadcast is about 20 seconds ahead of the TV and it is a little confusing trying to combine them.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You must have satellite and yes that does suck