1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So, which QB gets the okay to start Sat.????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Dec 20, 2011.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    You're all fools.

Ben will start and should start. A 30% Roethlisberger is better than a 100% Batch or Dixon. Give the 49'ers credit. They kicked our butts in every phase of the game.

The Steelers will win the next two games with Ben Roethlisberger and the Ravens will go 1-1 losing to the Bangles. The Steelers want a bye week and a home game.

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    A 30% Roethlisberger is better than a 100% Batch or Dixon..........Pass that over to me Id like a hit.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!REALLY??

3. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Myron, please don't feed the trolls. :roll:

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    the trolls finally found this board :applaud:

5. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    ^This^! The same guy who should have gone last night.

6. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sorry, I meant to say a 40% Roethlisberger is better than a 100% Batch or Dixon. I mean Dixon hasn't taken a snap in how long? and Batch is on two torn up legs instead of one, so he probably would have thrown 6 Ints lastnight instead of Roethlisbergers 3.

7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :amen:

9. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    then the 1st game of the playoffs he plays rusty and they lose. Might as well let him play.

10. MikeFanForLife

Oct 21, 2011
    Trolls?? I thought there was a screening process to get access here? ;)

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  12. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'd have to go with Dixon. I love CB, but he really is just plain getting old. It's time for him to go coach somewhere (which he'd be awesome at). I think Dixon has promise, but then again, considering how infrequently I've seen him play, I could be wrong.

13. Cru Jones

Cru Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They should rest all of the banged up players for the rams game.. But I would like to see Ben play at least the first half vs the Browns.

Not playing him in a game for 18 + days, then go on the road for a playoff game, might not be the best idea.

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    exactly use these two games like a preseason

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    in charlies defense, they couldn't let him take his walker on the field and second they wouldn't let his nurse go out there with him. :roll: :cool:

16. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Heard a great quote yesterday on Around the League. Ben must be sat to protect him from himself. So accurate.

17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed.

18. MikeFanForLife

Oct 21, 2011
    Ben will play sat. article on steelers website says so.

19. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hate to tell you guys this the Rams may have one only two games this year but they did beat the Saints. You just can't rest the entire team. The Rams are still a professional football team, and any give sunday they can win. You play the players who give you the best chance to win. If Ben feels that he can play and doctors say he can play, let him play.

21. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben will probably play. However, they should give Dixon a chance (he will have an opportunity to show what he can do). If Dixon plays poorly, then they can get Batch into the game to give him some playing time - he may be needed in the playoffs. I think the Steelers can win with Dixon. There is too much risk playing Ben while he is injured and hobbling around. We need him healthy for the playoffs!

22. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    i simply have a big problem with ben playing against the rams. he was unprepared against sf because of lack of practice and it clearly showed. sit out the rams game rest up as much as you can and suit up against the browns. if the steelers can't beat the rams without, then they ain't going anywhere. seriously guys, batch was 2-1 last year as a starter and won the game that dixon started on opening day. i personally would like to see dixon start.

for the people that think we are not going to improve our five seed, i disagree. we can actually still get the two seed but at worst could be the three seed. the ravens can certainly lose at cinci with cinci playing for a sixth seed.

23. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if ben play i will gave up on tomlin definetely :frustrated:

24. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Give him the 1st quarter or just a few snaps and call it a day.

25. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

As much as Ben keeps saying that he wants to play, I have not heard Tomlin say anything one way or the others. It seems to me when this has happened at other times this year, Tomlin has made other players inactive the day before the game, even when the player wanted to play. (Let's see if he does that tomorrow.) I do not think that Tomlin will allow play to Ben.

Look at Sam Bradford who had a high ankle sprain this year and came back too quickly. He has been hurt throughout the season ever since and has not played well. If Ben plays this game and makes it worse, there will be no denying how silly it was playing him in this game. Without Ben in our playoff game (whoever it is against), we are done.