1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans should be embarrassed tonight

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 15, 2013.

1. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pretty much what I said, too. I just dont get it.

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I went to the December Cleveland game last December. It was my first regular season game but I left wishing I had chosen another game. It had the feel of an exhibition game. I do think that the home experience for some people is better than actually going to a game. It's not just the Steelers or any particular sport though. Here in Richmond, the NASCAR race on Saturday night used to always sell out or get close. I went this year and the place was half empty.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If I had paid $100 for ticket, parked for $10, had an $8.50 beer and a $5.00 hot dog to wash it down with and saw a play where the very overpaid CB who believes he's elite move 5 yards and stop to watch the underneath route of a TE that was already being covered and let the post pattern go wide open into the end zone for a TD, I would have been barking all the way to the car about wasting $123.50 that I could see on any given Saturday afternoon in pee wee local leagues.
    Yes it is very financial at that point.

Like I said I never walked out on a game before but I would have right then and there.

I would also bench Taylor for the first quarter of the next game if I were MT. That could be a discussion all in itself also as I'm sure that I'm in the minority on that thought also.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I know a guy who was selling two club seats which cost 250 face value for 125 a pop. Now that was a deal. But, it still didn't perk my interest to go. I hate late games at best I'm back home in bed by 1:15 or 1:30am. When you got to go to work the next day, that just doesn't work.

5. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Taking my son to the Cleveland game on the 29th. It will be our first game at Heinz field, we will not leave early regardless of the cold or score. (We may try to sneak down to lower seats though).

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I try to see one Steelers game a year. Most of the time it's at Heinz field, sometimes it's not. Maybe I'm a wuss, but I generally won't even look at any game in December, unless I would be traveling to a warmer climate. I was at a SNF game a couple years back where thye got SMOKED by the Patriots. It wasn't too bad in the stadium when the fans were there. Once they started leaving it got really cold, really quick. Can't really say I'd blame anyone for not going. While I enjoy the at-the-stadium experience, it's hard to beat lounging on the couch with a stocked fridge and bathroom close by.

8. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Anytime anybody wants to donate some tickets to me, let me know. I would love to have 2 tickets to the Cleveland game if anyone wants to give me a Christmas present. :cool:;):dancing::drinks:

9. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    "Fair Weather Fan" here. We have had season tics since 1991 and this season I have missed more games that the other 21 years combined. Over the years we have paid in excess of $125,000.00 in ticket cost for our 8 seats so we can be fair weather fans whenever we want. I attended 2 games this year, Titans and Ravens. Its just not worth the 2 hour drive each way, $40 to park, $50 for beer/food to watch the product the Steelers put on the field this year. We have indeed been spoiled over those 21 years!! Losing to the Radiers (which they always seem to do on the West Coast) killed the rest of the season for me. Sold all remaining games except the Brownies game which I donated 4 seats to a local 501c3 for them to raffle off, I do this annually as Erie is probably 60% Steeler fans, 30% Browns and 10% Bills. This year I offered Browns or Bills and the raffle winner chose the Browns game. I'll be back next year fair weather or not, for how many games, who knows.

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    If the service at my favorite restaurant starts to suck, guess what? I won't be going back to that restaurant until the owners kiss me rear and tell me the service is better.

11. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm never embarrassed to be something that I am by choice.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    To each their own but this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this board. They won the game and still leading comfortably after that play.

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I stayed till the end. I'm from Richmond, VA so 20's and windy is really cold for me so I didn't hang out too long afterwards lol. We stayed the whole weekend and went to the mall and road the train. It really is a great city to visit.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I can't blame the fans when it's freezing and a late game that's on national tv, when you can be comfortable and watch it at home. The team lousy play this season is a factor.

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Spoiled........ The chiefs haven't won jack over the years but year in year their local fans pack the stadium. Same with the seachickens. The skins about the same. It is a shame the stadium was half full but worse when half of those left in the 2nd half in a dominating win when the team is fighting for a playoff berth. Spoiled......

Cajun-

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I once started a thread asking, if not for the Steelers, what fan base would you want to be part of, I chose KC, great sports town, from college to pros.