1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

question ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by freakfontana, Oct 30, 2013.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Fair enough...

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I say we let the rook start every game after we are eliminated.Than I will be vindicated.

3. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    ben plays if he healthy not matter if we are 2-13 going into the final game.. and i think we know what we have in landry .. a career back up 3rd string QB.. hes terrible

HINES

4. virginiasteelerfan

virginiasteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    ben gives them the best chance of winning. if he's healthy then he's going to play. does anybody really think that with the way the line is playing and the inability to run the ball that a back up QB will do well? hell, he probably won't even survive.

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    This is the same team that played Ben on a bad ankle in a meaningless game against the Browns a few years ago. And we got Tebowed the next week:facepalm: What may have happened if we gave 7 that week off ????

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I bet Tomlin will conduct a presser and say that Landry is starting and they will say "why?" and he will say "because I'm trying to vindicate Myron, obviously!"

7. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Being right ALL the time is a curse!!!!;)

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL. Tell me about it.

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    If we are 2 and 13 he will play and should

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry Coastal dont agree.....Lets see what the rook has. Show us why we drafted him in RD4.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you act like we gave up two first rounders for him? it was a 4th round pick. do you expect him to play like ben in his prime? LOL:shrug:

they need time with him and this past camp wasn't the time for us to spend a lot of time with him. heck we still have starters running the wrong routes and a qb that throws balls that resemble neil O'Donnell's throws in the 95 SB. baby steps Myron. he wasn't picked to run ben out of town this year or next.:cool:

12. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

:this!:Good point. Truth hurts...:facepalm:
    Question remains...

If he wasn`t drafted, to run Ben outta here, Why was he drafted?
    Just `cause `Lefty and Charlie were too old?
    I agree it was time to part with both, Still have hopes for L. Jones, but seems like a reach where he was picked.
    Think that drafting him in the fourth rd, is any indication of them havin an idea what they wanna do with Ben`s contract?
    Leverage at contract time?
    Or should they have picked another player/ different position?
    (asking, as I "exit.... stage left!!!:wave:)....

GO STEELERS!

13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    No Mac I dont expect him to play like Ben in his prime or even as good as how Ben played in his rook year. He will never be that good. My question was why draft him at all? Let alone in the 4th round. We just signed Grad as a #2 still could have keep Batch as a #3 for another year. He can hang on side line in street clothes as well as Jones does. Lot more options in this years QB draft for us to choose from. Wasted pick!!!!

14. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    No, if you think playing LJ would be nice to see I suggest you wait until the 2014 preseason. Getting a high draft pick means zero, as there are NO guarantees in the NFL, and if you need proof look at our picks the last 6 years.