1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison's verdict is in

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 13, 2011.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is why I was so happy when james manned up and said what almost every player wanted to say,but then loss cool points with me when he retracted.Goodell is a business man and not a football player,or even fan.So it is what it is.We will move forward regardless of the constant harrassment of the commish. :herewego!:

2. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

:this!: Although I think a boycott would work there's wayyyyyyy too much money involved, so it'll NEVER happen
    [​IMG]

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Harrison's suspension has nothing to do with McCoy going back in the game. The NFL is looking into it.

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!:

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That is correct. He can't have any contact with the team in any way per NFL rules. The only exception to this, is if he was an injured player before the suspension and required treatment from the trainers... this is not the case. He can't even travel with the team and be on the sidelines or locker room during his suspension. He basically has to disappear until the Tuesday morning after the 49er game.

6. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It wouldn't have mattered. Just as the case with Ben last year Goodell folded under public pressure and media bias. It's all about the NFL image to him. The Browns game was barely over when ESPN released their poll asking fans if Harrison should be suspended and all of the jealous haters chimed in and from there the writing was on the wall.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  9. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love to hear that phone call. :)

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah. :-D
    I was expecting the appeal to be in person, though.

11. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I can just hear it now..

No James, you stay there and we will do this over the phone... We are scared of you!!!!

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out how to embarrass him and get our point across without hurting our own team.

Nothing sounds hard enough. Sure, flood him with mail, etc. But I want a public display.

So far, the only thing that seems doable to me is to flood next year's draft and drown him out mercilessly every time he takes the mic. I know it was done a little last year. It wasn't done loudly or often enough.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    IMHO to think the poll influenced Goodell's decision to suspend him is ridiculous.

14. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If the hearing is today, the decision should be made by tomorrow, right?

15. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe even today

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, I would have thought it'd be made today. I guess I'm a little biased though, since I think they already have their answer...

17. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    breaking news @nfl.com

"HOLMGREN: MCCOY NOT TESTED FOR CONCUSSION ON SIDELINE"

nice - considering that Shurmur and the rest of the team stood in front of the cameras and were adamant that all the protocols were followed.
    there better be some trouble for Cleveland ...

18. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I could care less about what happens with Cleveland...

19. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Which is a full apology to Harrison for singling him out? / sarc

20. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    he gets one game for a hit that is boarderline. That tool from Detroit only got 2 and he was stomping on people AFTER the play was over.

Goddell go to HELL!!!!!!!!! :godell: :godell:

21. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Many of the great players who defined the Steelers could not play with these sissy rules of today's NFL. Guys like Lambert, Mean Joe, Donnie Shell, Mel Blount, etc would constantly be fined and suspended.

22. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll bet Lambert doesn't watch the PFL ! :godell:

23. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Well - FWIW, he probably got the better of the two judges for his appeal. While he probably won't win it because Goodell will cut Cottrell's balls off if he reverses the suspension, at least he got a defensive-minded, old-school type to run the charade.

24. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That sounds rational, but we are not dealing with a rational human adult.

I am 100% positive he is at least checking in with polls like that to rationalize his actions. He can say, "See? Over half of football fans want him suspended!" Well no sh--, over half of those voting are not Steeler fans and have an interest in hurting us. What percentage of people actually beleive he deserves it, and would still believe it if it was one of their players? In the low single digits, I'm sure. But nobody took that pole that I'm aware of.

He tells us what we want all the time. "The fans want more scoring, that's why I'm doing this." Yeah? Then why does everyone hate you? To look at the numbers you'd think that the best 10 quarterbacks to ever play this game are all playing right now. Guys like Chad Henne put up 400 yards passing and no one bats an eye...

25. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    While browsing the Philadelphia Beagles site I found this poll...

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... -harrison/

**************DISCLAIMER***************** I go to their website when I'm having a bad day. After reading the trash on there I realize things aren't so bad for me after all!