1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Titans Post Game Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Sep 8, 2013.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I guess you could say it worked okay, but you can't say we've ever looked like a well oiled machine on offense.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    our offence wasn't good under BA. It was very erratic and we kicked way too many field goals. Considering the way we looked last year when Ben was healthy, I don't know how we've gotten this bad. LAst year our offence did look very good at times. So far this year, we don't even have an offence. I just don't understand how things have gotten this bad

3. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    and I said we would be 6-10. I'm the biggest homer around, but truth is truth, and facts are facts. The Steelers were on top for a decade, and that was great, but time, MANY BAD DRAFT PICKS, and injuries have taken its toll on this team. You play hard every week, and see what happens. Sooner or later this team is gonna take some lumps, and those lumps appear to be the order of the day. This is real football, not PS3 , and we can't just hit reset and start over.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Ben apparently can't play in a conventional offence and sandlot football is far too inconsistent, so it's time to cut ties with him and lets start over. I can handle a rebuild, but what I can't handle is pretending to be a good team while looking the way we did. There's no point continuing down this road because right now I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel

Greg Cosell said it best that sandlot football is arbitrary and random, which won't result in consistent success. We need a QB that can drop back and throw strikes without waiting for the defence to break down. Ben has been able to do that at times over the course of his career, but the last couple years it's as if he's getting worse, not better

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I say it every time I read this message board, thank God fans don't run the team. Your hatred for Ben clouds your judgment so badly. Go ahead and call any radio show with that if you have the stones and they will laugh you off the airwaves.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Pretty much.

7. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That's for sure.

Todd Haley, 'nuff said.
    Oh, crappy OL, ...maybe coaching problem?
    I'm really starting to worry about coaching/game-plan/in-game strategy.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Mr Clean knows how to throw strikes

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm going to get shot for saying this, but my #1 complaint is the number of fans writing off the season after one game. Yeah, it was bad. Really bad. However, no matter how much crappy play you cram in to one week, it can only count as one loss. Am I optimistic about this season? No. But for god sake folks, can we hold off on the headsman's axe for a few more weeks?

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll jump in front of at least one bullet for you on that, though...it wasn't one game. It was one quarter.

11. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    a agree it was only 1 game, but they also went 0-4 in the preseason and looked just as bad in those games. so i would say this is more like the last 5 games. if they went 2-2 in the preseason i think a lot of fans wouldnt be so out of their minds, but when you go 0-4 and never looked good and then start 0-1 at home and looked aweful, its gonna lead to a lot of people being unhappy.

12. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Simple observation: Our offensive coordinator was fired during the season..........from the Chiefs, and our offensive line coordinator was also from the Chiefs, and not good enough for them.

Andy Reid comes in, cleans house, and makes their offense look decent....meanwhile we are stuck with the scraps.

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm with you on this one, Elvis. Though I also feel pretty much the same as everyone else here in sentiment - utter frustration, utter disappointment - this was always a team that had to grow this season.

I'm wondering how much our lack of offense hinged on no Tight Ends and a very green back up Centre.

I'm wondering how much Felix Jones might help us when he actually knows the plays to run.

I'm wondering whether a few difference makers - Cortez Allen, a non-gimpy Clark, an in-time Polamalu (who was off on a fair few plays) - will, well, make a difference in future games.

But for tonight, I'm still bitterly disappointed.

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think it's the mediocre season last year, followed by a winless and lackluster preseason, followed by that PATHETIC performance today that has many fans, including me, concerned.

15. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I swear a local high school ruffed the team up this morn and suited the B&G. The front keeps bringing players in that are super glued ..The healthy can't tackle block..run nor cover. Ben wasn't even in Pittsburgh today someone needed to look him in the eyes and ask "where are you". He continues with the double pumps like he's shootin skeet when he knows he has NO reliable protection. Then you have laurel and hardy on the sideline with the b/p's but neither know how to trouble shoot . The offence needed to get on one knee and apologize to the Defence for making their day miserable.. how's the song go running on empty. I have more complaints but need more rocket fuel. When i looked at the AFC north standings awhile ago my heart rate did lower some...though the issues will still be lingering next week and the next and.... well you get the idea!

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just don't think Felix Jones is going to make a difference at all. The Cowboys didn't feel compelled to re-sign him and the Eagles gave him away. What makes any of us think he'll be a difference maker with us?

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Today reminded me of the "if they are who they say they are" thread...
    I guess I just gotta face the fact that we just aren`t that damn good, anymore.
    I kept thinkin we were.
    I still have no complaints on the Defensive side of the balll.
    They put plenty of pressure on the qb, and seem to have something new going on, where everybody is standing up at the snap of the ball, looking like they are confused.
    I can only assume that is to throw the offense off, and not let them be able to identify what we are doing.
    Seriously, Troy made a few AWESOME plays, other than his off-sides penalty, and JUST MISSING one of his patented "one handed, snatch the ball off the turf" int`s...
    I really can`t fault our D, other than being pissed at them right before the half, when Tennessee pretty much ran right down our throats...
    No big gains, but I think they only threw one pass, as they marched down the field, and into the endzone.
    Of course, if I remember right, they started around mid-field, because of Ben`s ONE interception...
    The offense, on the other hand, was just offensive,,,
    This is where I just have to adjust my expectations, and realize, we ain`t as good as I thought we were...
    Got no room to talk smack to other team`s fans, or even defend our team to Clown`s fans, around here, when they talk chit to me, when we keep playin like this.
    It hurts.
    At least they lost, too...
    But that doesn`t help.
    I want a team I can be PROUD of, and have reason to justify to other teams` fans, why we are better than them...
    At this point, all I got is what we`ve done in the past, 6 Lombardi`s, etc...
    Not what we are doin right now! Sigh...:facepalm:
    C`mon, Damnit, GO STEELERS!!! Get yer **** together, and make me proud again!!!:steelflag:

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    His name isn't Redman, Dwyer, or Batch... so it's a process of elimination. One of them has to do something, by the law of probability.

19. SteelerFan

SteelerFan Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I think it is more than the 1st game this year. Do you remember last year and the way the team played? Not to different from today. The standard is the standard and the way we played today I don't see improvement. Actually it appears to be getting worse each year.

20. Redsteel

Redsteel Member

Sep 8, 2013
    The Good....... hmmmmmmmmm....... Ben didnt get hurt and force us to watch Gradkowski the rest of the year?

The Bad........ obviously the injuries and a ridiculously bad O-Line

The Ugly....... the fact that I didn't even feel bad for Pouncey......i seriously didn't care a bit. The guy is moronically talented but simply made of glass, I am sick and tired of watching him get hurt game after game after game.......this time he couldn't make it one half of a game before an injury. He is the Offensive Line version of Bob Sanders, you keep thinking this is the year he will be healthy only to be disappointed every time. I am ready to cut bait with him......if you cant stay healthy you really have no value.

the Silver lining is if they play like this we will be able to HOPEFULLY draft a really good OLineman next year.....but not holding out hope because Colberts early round drafts have been EXTREMELY bad

21. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the offence & especially the Oline came unglued when Pouncey got injured. One of the annoucers said something about DeCastro feeling bad or sorry or something. That's only natural. What isn't natural is that if that was actually the case why one of the coaches - Tomlin, Haley or the Oline coach didn't get them aside and coach them through it.

The 2nd point is: isn't this the 4th year in a row that an Olineman has gotten seriously injured when another of our Olineman fall on them? I don't remember that happening consistently during the Noll/Cowher years. What's the difference? The relative size of the players or lack of conditioning or type of blocking schemes being called? Can someone help me out here?

22. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Anyone know why we did not see Wheaton in the game today? Could have used his speed possible

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What this guy just said....:this!:

24. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Because he was the moron that hesitated on the kickoff and gave us that wonderful field position.

This was game one, we will get better. Next o-line and line backer up. Injuries are an excuse. These are all professionals, and have the ability to play at the highest level. We will win the division.

I am watching the giants/cowboys game and Eli turned it over three times already....6 minutes. Should they worry?

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

A qb making mistakes is one thing an offensive line that can't run block or pass protect is a whole different ball game.