1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

cam

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Aug 27, 2013.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    shouldn't cam heyward have dominated a little more against 3rd stringers in the last game? this is a guy people want to see on the field in place of keisel. is he at that level really? I like cam, but got thinking, where is that dominance he had as a buckeye. any thoughts?:cool:

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    While I agree, yes he should be...

I think he and Ziggy are looking more comfortable in the new role of pushing up the field, instead of just occupying blockers.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Actually other then troy pft ranked him with the highest production grade. He had a sack 4 hurries and a couple of solo tackles also third stringers never made it into the game.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    at the end of that game? KC did have 3rd stringers in.

i'm not talking about last year and PFF doesn't really tell the whole story. he had a half a sack, last game mostly because of coverage.:cool:

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've honestly been disappointed with Cam from the get go. Can anyone tell me which of our recently drafted defensive guys that have came from a 4-3 system have been the biggest playmakers as opposed to the guys that come from a 4-3 system. Just look at Jarvis Jones and the instant impact he's making. These guys might be "pro ready" when they are drafted but the real thing I think we should look for is are they "Lebeau" ready and wouldn't being pretty well versed in the 3-4 do that? I'm not sure if Heyward is from the 3-4 or 4-3 and that's what I'm asking but also what other guys have we drafted lately that are 3-4 and are they having more of an instant impact?

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm talking about the redskins game. I cant post links but behind the steel curtain did a story on it.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    William gay.;)

:cool:

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ok I now have witnesses that you are actually actively TRYING to kill me! LOL!

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I said last game. he was in there when they drove the field twice on us against KC. I expected more from him in that situation.

this is year 3 and he should have made leaps and bounds this year. i'm a bit concerned about him as to why, he's not done that as of yet. I know he's a good player, and the team is setting the DE's loose more this year, it should have been a strength for him.:cool:

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    LOL:lolol:. I thought that may get a rise out of you this morning. LOL:cool:

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Cam graded out better than any Steeler defensive player in the Chiefs game.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Oops I meant the chiefs I don't know why I put the redskins

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he was actually playing against their benchwarmers. That's pretty deceptive really. Cam was actually in there during the overtime period of a preseason game. We were actually talking about it during the gameday thread. We need to see him grade that high against starters ya know? I think that's what Mac was trying to convey as he started this thread.

14. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes cam needs to step it up.

15. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Let's wait till the games matter till we put to much stock in how dominant a player is.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    woods and arnfelt didn't wait. that's all I'm saying.

I've seen him dominate in college and I am still waiting for it in the pro's. I loved the pick when we made it, but I need to see him getting off blocks in the NFL. this is starting to concern me about him.:cool:

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    according to steelers.com preseason stats cam has one tackle and it was a sack. in 3 games.:shrug::cool:

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid Arnfelt has made him expendable,(colbert and coach T) won't give up on a number one draft choice though too embarrasing. Another BUCKEYE that can't play. I use to be scared of only Texas players, now the Buckeyes
    have me wondering? Maybe Urban Myer and all his cheating he will do,will get them better? Wait a minute didn't Gilbert/Pouncey go to FLA?

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    brian rolle is looking good. DLB does a pretty good job. holmes did OK too. adams is......... ok we'll have to see.;):cool:

20. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I really think you guys are being a little too hard on our last few drafts. I mean the average career of ANY guy drafted is less than 5 years. I don't why you think the Steelers picks would be any different. Since 07 we've drafted Timmons, Woodley, AB, Wallace, Pouncey, and all of those guys have produced. Keenan Lewis was another one that produced on enough of a level that we wound up not being able to afford him. We've also got Cortez who is really looking like he's gonna turn out well. Then look at this years draft. It looks like Jarvis Jones is gonna be the next beast in the illustrious history of beasts at lb. Markus Wheaton also looks like he's gonna be a great receiver and has really shown himself well during the preseason. Shamarko Thomas is another guy I think we're gonna be loving for a long time to come as well. You really should think a little harder before you just say those things. Obviously teams take risks on guys. I would say Rainey was one of those guys. It didn't pay off but who was still on the board at the time we took Rainey that is out there tearing it up right now and would fit a position of need for us? What team over the last five years would you guys say has batted .1,000?

22. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

Their last few drafts have regressed. Someone here posted that one year doesnt even have 1 player still with team. . Most of the problem comes with guys like Pouncey who the villiagers love and the infediles do not....

23. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Infidels.. that's funny noitall :lolol: :applaud:

24. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011
    I am an INFIDEL- and bad speller

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't really notice the spelling but it makes it that much funnier.. I'd love to replace rose-colored glasses/kool aid drinkers with "villagers" and realists with "infidels". Much more flare to it..