1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Golic Jr.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 25, 2013.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    MAURCIE POUNCEY! :roflmao:

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And what has Golic done in preseason to make another team want him? They cant give him a roster spot so he will be in the final 53 cut, and I doubt if they will want him on the PS, he's way too raw and has no athletic ability to indicate he is a prospect worth keeping around.

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    and then there she was
    like double cherry pie
    yeh there she was
    like disco superfly
    there she was
    in platform double suede
    like disco lemonade

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think he's just trolling.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ohh Marcy's Playground, where have you gone *sigh*

6. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

Well I should have said " lately". I look at the young "talent" and I dont see it. Seriously you guys comfortable with the roster talent wise?

7. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

Thats how these post look through your rose colored I guess. Dont mention anything wrong with the system...... think they need you in N Korea

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I've wondered the same thing about a few people here

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope, it actually just looks like trolling.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know the Steelers have some big questions going into this season and I know there's a good chance that the may struggle , what do you want me to do? Quit watching? I'm trying to figure out your whole angle on this.

I'll play your game for a minute. The Steelers don't have the talent to win this year. Now what? What is it you want? What's going to make you happy.

11. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

Well, guess you are comfortable with the scouting, coaching, and the direction it looks they are heading. Said it before, I will say it again. Yes the Steelers have very successful for many years but they have really regressed do to age attrition. They need to study the Pats, it sucks but look at their roster. . They constantly get younger at every position, they constantly bring in lineman that dont need 6 years to develope ( or work at that pace). I hate Pats too and see many bust in their draft pedigree. I hate all 31 other teams but when you see someone doing something well, and your team isnt- got to say WTF, why arent our guys digging deeper, looking at the scouting, figuring where the turnovers and pressure went. Turnovers just as important if not more than ranking IMO.

Seriously, you comfortable with the roster talent wise? Im back here putting on my seatbelts

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Its called supporting your team. Until they are eliminated in my mind they have a chance. Are you just setting it up that if they do fail you can say see I told you. We do have some very good young talent on this team.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    When was the last time the Pats won the SB?

14. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011
    , I havent missed watching game for 25 years (been fan since 1974 when I was 6) and dont plan on starting. Just have feeling, you know, something aint right, starting to see pattern. Could be coaching, think mostly scouting. The offense is not going to bully people. The D hasnt forced turnovers, man, lets not talk special teams.

Said in another post, to win this year they will have to

1. take early Bill Cowher with Barry Foster playbook
    2. Have good special teams year which means no returns, just fair catches ( penalty any return attempt it seems like)- o and cover well.
    3. Force turnovers (something we have seen little of for last 3 years

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So why do you feel the need to disparage anyone who chooses to have faith that the Steelers will do well this season? Do you really think that the members here think the team is without problems? We all know what challenges the Steelers face this season. Just don't see the need to crap on everyone that choose to remain optimistic despite those challenges?

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Sorry but I like the way the steelers do things. Forget FA and you want to talk about scouting the last 7 WRs the pats have drafted are no longer in the league

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Pats are a bad example, they win mostly due to 2 things, Brady and Dark Hoodie. They really don't have a ton of talent, couple of great TE's and one of the best QB's ever. Past that, meh.

We have talent on this team, quite a bit, you just choose not to see it.

*edit* had a couple of great TE's I should say

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Before the days of Sunday ticket I used to go to a bar to watch the Steelers games. There was usually about 30 or 40 Steelers fans there. There was this one guy who showed up every week and all he did was complain the whole time. Things like " I know Foster just broke off a 15 yard run, but if he would have cut inside he could have gotten more" no matter how good the play he always *****ed about something. After a while we would just sit further and further away so we wouldn't have to listen to him unfortunately it didn't help much. After several years of this we were watching the game against the Jaguars 96 or 97 , I think it was the overtime game when Bettis threw the touchdown. Anyway he got up and started saying "if they keep playing like this we won't win another game" Thats when this little older lady got up and went off and said I'm so sick and tired of listening to your miserable azz , what don't you just stay home if all you're going to do is come up here and complain the whole game. He didn't say a word and when he showed up next week he didn't say nothing or much any week after that.
    There's no doubt he was a Steelers fan, but after a while all that negativity just gets old and he needed to be told to shut the heck up. Funny it was a 65 year old woman who finally had enough.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Go granny!

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We were laughing about it for sure. Since 98 I have had the ticket and have a group of five other Steelers fans that come over every week. At least once a season when some one is complaining , that scene gets replayed and we all have a good laugh.

21. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

Glad someone had coconuts!

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know with the success the franchise has had, it's not that suprising that there are many Steeler fans with that mind set.

Coming from the 70's through the 80's most of us can see signs and really don't want to have to go through another decade like that. As we've said before at least with those rules, no one wanted to play the Steelers because they were going to get beat up!

Now, it's just going to be a frustration fest if that happens.

23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There is a difference here Glenn because not every one who has a different point of view is disparaging those who have faith in teh Steelers doing well just as those who have faith are not always wearing rose colored glasses. I come here to have some solid football discussions and like noitall0605 I question some of the things I see happening on the team especially with the OL. Yet when ever I start in those discussions and someone brings up the Pats or how the Chargers plugged rookie tackles in and they held off the Steelers pass rush with no problems it is inevitable that someone will bring up the discussion killer, "Well the Steelers have six Lombardi's I would say they know what they are doing" or "How many Superbowls have they won?" I absolutley hate that because it shuts the discussion down without really proving a point. Yes the Steelers have won 6 Superbowls but that doesn't make them infallible. They have had a lot of bad games and bad decisions in there as well. From 81 to 95 they didn't even sniff the Superbowl then after 95 it took them ten years to get back and finally win a fifth SB so the whole this team has six and they know what they are doing adds nothing to the discussion.

I had a point but I seemed to have lost it somewhere in that little rant. hmm maybe it will come back to me.:hmmm:

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not going to waste more time on this, but fact is if Noitall0605 is either trolling or just acting like a douche.

As far as football discussion,
    I know the Steelers have some issues and some things that are a bit troubling. Lets look at the last five years: Three 12-4 seasons, 9-7 and last years 8-8. Sorry, but to start suggestion we are headed for the 80's again is a bit premature. By the way I lived through those 80's teams.
    I'm happy to discuss football with those who are being reasonable anytime.

25. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

Thorn058, I agree, and for one always hated the defensive "How many Superbowls has _______ won?"

There are good things to being the Steelers, then there are bad. The Steelers resist change, they believe they have a proven way. Right now the league is in an evolution process. The ruls are changing, they are taking being a man out of the game. Seriously , no one likes it but it is true.

Now- to succeed in something that is changing- you may have to change as well also- JUST a point ( and as you pointed out Thorn- some may have already been frustrated and want to pull out the Steelers fans get out of free card.

How about this senerio? I will go with HYPOTHETICAL references so I dont get this question answered with the SUPERBOWL question. The Steelers win a playoff GAME WITH JIM JEBOW but every game was a close game and it was ugly. The next season does the Steelers front office say- I dont like this direction Jim Jebow is leading us and make a 180 and serious investment making moves to get on a different course or is that something you wouldnt see from the F O?

All Im saying is it is starting to need remodeling- My point lets get started. If the talent isnt stepping up, go in different direction- bring in more- try to develope- trim down payroll if someone not producing.