1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lacy SMH

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Aug 27, 2013.

1. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I can tell you I have seen quite a bit of both Bell and Lacy the past couple of years. I follow the Iowa Hawkeyes and have seen plenty of Bell. The guy is a horse. He can play all 3 downs. He is going to be a very good one just give him a bit of time to get healthy. He also did not have a NFL line in front of him like Lacy did in college. While I think Lacy will be a very good back I am not going to sell Bell down the river just because one is having a better preseason. Bell is a definite work horse and until this preseason has not been an injury prone back. He had to do it all for MSU while Lacy had a stud RB backing him up and all world players at every position at Alabama.

Again both will be good but I am not ready to trade Bell for a bag of chips at this point.

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I liked the pick of Bell over Lacy on draft day and still like it today. It's too early to say Bell is injury prone, but there is always that concern when players seem to always be missing game time because of injuries. At this point, I'll just say that the knee injury followed by the Lisfranc injury on a play that he wasn't even carrying the ball, a fluke. He seemed to be pretty durable in college.

3. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Here's gist: Mendenhall was supposed to be all that and a ball of wax, and that turned into a nightmare. Chris Johnson was still on the board.

Now, here we are with another RB who can't stay healthy, who has barely seen the field. And we all might end up shaking our heads that Eddie Lacy was still on the board.

I know these are mights and ifs, but I'm frustrated over this.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, his was really just a question :lolol:

5. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There's no need to be frustrated. I don't know of a single person who has a crystal ball that can see into the future.

6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    mac has a magic 8-ball though..

7. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    well, there's that.....

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and I borrowed it from TTF. :lolol:

:cool:

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Borrowed it? You can keep it! I could never get the damn thing to work. :lolol:

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    While I have great hope for Liberty Bell (Hack trademark pending) I was all in on Lacy.

HACK

11. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What's wrong, is that someone read an ESPN article.
    Some people, even some adults, believe everything they see/hear/read on ESPN.

So far,
    Career yards rushing:
    Lacy 0
    Bell 0

career games missed:
    Lacy 0
    Bell 0

Just imagine if Lacy had been drafted by the patsies!

12. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011

We have had some bad luck with injuries the last couple of years. I'm frustrated too but Bell getting hurt in the preseason isnt the end of the world. Let him get healthy and we will see what he can do then. If he can't stay healthy this year then maybe he has become injury prone.

I'm so excited to see this kid play for real, thats whats frustrating to me. It's like getting a toy at christmas but having to wait till new year to play with it.

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Well said. Agree completely.

I think "can't stay healthy" is a bit of an overstatement on Bell.

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    had an 8-ball too that was magical

15. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    mac still has his, I'm betting yours is long gone.:facepalm: :lolol:

16. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    yep , rang my Bell once butt it ended up in the Dwyer and I got the Jones and had to get another Batch which left me Howling

17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  18. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah it finally happened.. should have happened after the first pre season game... given others more a a chance to show their stuff in games 2 and 3 ... finally happened..

HINES

19. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    yep and gonna be stuck on 2.2 for the next 6 weeks.. or more... what they have in common is the 2.2 YPC avg.. what they dont have in common is one is hurt and one is still playing... kinda ironic we took bell since he was thought to more durable then lacy... so much for that throry

HINES

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So where are you getting the six week thing from?

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He posted a link in another thread, just a little blurb, doesn't mean ****, Bell won't be out 6 weeks.

22. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    sure hope you guys are right... love bell and heath to be back for the bengals game but not holding my breath...

HINES

23. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

24. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Me too because I just got my tickets for that game but I've seen Heath play a lot but it's sure gonna be lame to not get to yell "Heeeeeath!!!" I just hope we win. It's weird because I was at Joey Porter's last game for us and his first game against us and I will be at James Harrison's first game against us. If you remember Joey picked Ben off and I REALLY hope James doesn't do the same. As a matter of fact, I want to say right now that I hope he has the worst game of his career and I'm proud of it.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011