1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look now,Beachum to try the center position!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yoy and double YOY, according to the PG 8-27-13,he may
    line up @ center against the Panthers. Fourth week into
    the preseason and we still don't have an offensive line
    figured out? People they should be gelling @ this point.
    Their should be players standing out making the coaches
    know the decision to make. Why aren't we seeing this yet?

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They need to find a back up center. If Beachum can handle it then that's one more roster spot the can use on another position of need. I doubt the starters are playing much in this game anyway.

3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy I hope not!

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Where have you guys been? Beachum's been getting center snaps all training camp. This is from back in May...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/30/steelers-working-kelvin-beachum-at-center/

And I don't think it's indicative of not having it figured out, I think it's just that they really like Beachum and want him to know all the spots.

From what I've heard he's one of the smartest guys on the team, which is important for the center position. Let's also not forget that Pouncey's contract is up soon and there's always a chance he wants to join his brother in Miami. I love Pouncey and would really be upset if he leaves but it'd be smart to have a backup plan in place.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's just for experience going into the season. the starters and beachum will be off the field very early in this one. at least I hope so.:cool:

6. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    wow, overreacting a bit maybe?

7. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

And a STARTING center

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nah, too soon to be grooming a starter to replace an all pro like Pouncey.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Did Pouncey leave?

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    golic alone should make him expendable. his dad's on TV and radio for God sake. pouncey is probably trembling that the knock will come on the door soon. the turk is coming. pouncey, bring your playbook the coach wants to see you. maybe the arena league will give him a chance. I knew we should have kept legursky.:innocent:

:cool:

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    As do I, but Pouncey has had a crappy preseason!

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It's only preseason Jack :innocent:

13. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I give up. :facepalm:

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    don't give up jack. it's only preseason. LOL you might like our team yet. ( just kidding) :smiley1:.

here is my take for next year. travis swanson, C. Arkansas , 6-4 312. great feet, and moves really well. new guard/center depth. I've mentioned him before and I am also one that thinks pouncey may go join his brother. I hope not but, I like this swanson kid a lot. 2nd -3rd round hopefully. he would bring a whole lot of options on the interior of this line and i'm bettin more. :cool:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, he hasn't looked too good, I'll give you that, especially the skins game. No better against KC???

16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Overall, not good against KC either.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  18. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Dude you have got to be the most negative person on here. What are we supposed to do exactly? Cut every player on the team?

You "give up" when everyone here doesn't jump on board with your everything steelers bash-fest?

19. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

Not true. I just see it as he is pointing out a pretty big flaw. Pouncey has played to high for a while, not just the preseason. Probably a mooo point (Friends anyone?) due to only watching him play 7 games- he will take the sprain ankle approach soon so his ass kickings can come with an astrerick.

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    SBD, if you think I'm the most negative person on here STOP READING MY POSTS!

Just becasue I pointed out that Pouncey has had a couple of below the line games by his standards doesn't mean I'm bashing him or the Steelers. Go back and watch the games. His performance has not been very Pouncey-like. And I "gave up" in jest because we've got this running joke about it being "only the pre-season".

Since when did you become the MB police and took it upon yourself to declare me "the most negative person on here"? If you feel that way, you're obviously not reading my posts. There are times I may be critical AND THAT'S MY RIGHT AS A 38 YEAR STEELER FAN!!!!! I try to be as insightful and thoughtful as I can with my posts and try not to cross the line into getting personal with people on this board, but you make that kind of hard to do. Why do you have to make it personal by calling me the most negative person on here. I have no problems with you or your posts and generally enjoy reading them. BUT if I offens your rose colored glasses sensibilities then I've got some advice for you Mr. Kool Aid. When you get to a post by JackAttack 5958, KEEP SCROLLING!!!

And you show me where I've ever said anything about cutting every player on the team! I can be critical at times when I feel it's justified, and if you don't like it TOUGH! I'm a Steeler fan just like you and I have the right to comment on matters as they relate to the Steelers on this board.

STOP WEARING YOUR FEELINGS ON YOUR SLEEVE AND THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF MY POSTS, BRING SOMETHING SUBSTANTIVE TO THE TABLE WITHOUT ATTACKING ME PERSONALLY!!!

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Let's chill out a little folks...shall we?

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    NEVER!! Bring on a vat of coffee!!!!

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean chilax don't you? Your kids will think you are a square if you don't talk the talk :smiley1:

24. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tempers are flaring I see....:popcorn:

I do, however, agree that Pouncey's preseason has left alot to be desired.

25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    How dare you criticize Pouncey's preseason, Beard! I now dub thee the second most negative person on this MB for doing so. ;)