1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers 2013 Regular Season Record?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by scruffy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. 11-5 or better

39.0%
  2. 10-6

28.6%
  3. 9-7

15.6%
  4. 8-8

10.4%
  5. 7-9 or worse

6.5%
  1. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

Good post man, I am there with you. I also put 8-8 and now scanning the post. Came across this one and its nothing new to hear crap questioning your fandome and wanting you to just drink the kool aid and go lay on the cot.

Now,
    Can this team do better than 8-8? I really do think they can but they will have to take the very early Pittsburgh Steelers under Bill Cowher approach. They will have to play ball control, they will have to eliminate turnovers and stupid penalties. BASICALLY THEY HAVE TO DO THINGS THEY HAVENT SHOWN US FOR A WHILE.
    The last few years the D doesnt force many big plays, that needs to change.
    They also need to improve special teams so they can win at least that posrtion of the game consistantly.
    Offense has to make sure whatever they do they can control the clock and be able to flip field position.

To many things they need to complete 180 from the recent past....... thats why I feel 8-8

2. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

I see that as stroong possibility.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly think we can win 11 games this year and maybe even 12. The only reason I have us losing to the Bears is because Special Teams scare me so bad. I think we beat the Raiders this year because last year it was just a stupid mistake that cost us that game. I could even envision us getting a win against GB because they might have their business all wrapped up by then. I think we sweep the Clowns and split with the Rats and Bungles. Does this make sense to anyone else? If you look at our schedule it's not that bad. There's some bottom feeders on there.

Titans-W
    Bungles-L
    Bears-L
    Vikes-W
    Jets-W
    Rats-W
    Raiders-DEFINITE W
    Pats-L
    Bills-W
    Lions-W
    Clowns-W
    Rats-L
    Fins-W
    Bungles-W
    Pack-L
    Clowns-W

4. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My prediction is the same every year.. I will never predict a Steelers loss
    16-0

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Again with the Kiol Aid? SMH

6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    It's really hard to perdict from what little i saw in the 3 games..based on the performance 9-7 take another poll around mid-way. :shrug:

7. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we are a razors edge from 12-4 or 6-10. We are very young and we are going to need our horses to stay healthy all year. That has not happened in a long long time. If they stay healthy I think we win the division and end up the 2 seed in the AFC. If we get banged up like usual we will be around a .500 team.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Health and how well the line plays will determine if we are a playoff team. The talent is there, anyone that doesn't see that isn't paying attention. And I think 3 rookies will make significant contributions, Jarvis, Wheaton and Shamarko. I had Bell on that list too but with his injury, who knows now.

9. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

change the bengals W and rats W to Losses and its a possibility if everything goes our way but i think 7-9 is a lot more possible than 9-7 and definitely more possible than 11-5

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No way are the rats and cincy sweeping us. Maybe one of them sweeps us but not both.

11. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we have not be a healthy team since we won the SB... we had very few injuries that year and won it... as i said in most posts i see a ton of 16-13 games coming up.. i dont see us blown out of many... dont see us blowing ANY team out.. we rarely blow a team out or score enough points to blow them out even if the D pitches a shutout

HINES

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope, definitely not. Certainly no logical reason to think that, not after watching their preseason games.

13. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So how do you rate my rating? I think it's pretty reasonable. We're playing at least 5 teams with questions at qb. Oakland, Buffalo, Jets, Vikes, and Tannenhill. So if we win all those games and sweep the Clowns and split the series with the Rats and Bungles that's 9 wins right there. Are people making the case we're NOT gonna beat the Titans? That would get us to 10. We're playing them as a home opener and I expect us to come out swinging after the debacle in Nashville last year. I feel like I'm being pretty reasonable really. I'm just curious what you think of my evaluation and I'm curious what everyone else thinks about it as well. If people think we're gonna lose games I just personally think it's kinda more fun to discuss why.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think your right there with your prediction.

16. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    As most always is the case, injuries will likely be one of the major factors.

This year, added to that is what the actual health will be of players like Heath, Spaeth, Bell, LSH, etc. when they do return and when will they actually return.

I initally predicted 10-6 and I'm not changing that until the day before the season opens to allow the most time to get an updated status for those listed above.

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Like Tomlin said... "there`s a fine line between making wine, and just smashing grapes"...
    He has a point. It`s REALLY hard to predict what is gonna happen in an ultra-competitive league...
    Parity baby, we rarely have more than 2 teams that go 2-14 or so, or many that win over 13 of 16 games...
    Like I`ve said before, it usually comes down to injuries, turnovers, and penalties... None of which are entirely predictable,
    Except maybe penalties... If ya have a history of them, it`s a pretty safe bet, you`re gonna continue to get them.
    That`s one thing I really thought we were gonna clean up this off season, but doesn`t seem to be the case so far,.
    I still have faith, given our history and tradition(and talent), that we will finish better than 8-8...
    How much better? I dunno, but I HOPE it`s enuff to get us in the playoffs...
    Once we`re there, all we have to do is win one game at a time, and I am confident we are capable of that!:herewego!:

18. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think we sweep the division... The rats were not that good last year and their team has downgraded in the off season

Bengals of last year are as good as they're gonna be with Dalton and the squad they have now

Browns... Need I say more?

Steelers are an automatic upgrade of last year's team if we can just stay healthy, I see at least 6 wins just in the division alone and at least 5 more outside

11-5 12-4 go steelers!

19. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Big Steel...
    I love your optimism, but the fact is, every division game this year is gonna be a war...(Even the chumps in Cleve)...
    I would be very surprised if ANY of those games is decided by 10 points or more...
    For one thing, we are more familiar with each other than any other team in the league...
    For another, Yeah the Bungles "ONLY" have Dalton, but he has a pretty strong supporting cast of players around him (Including Silverback, and a rookie Tight end that could possibly be Heath Version2.0)...
    The Cravens have been modeling themselves after us so long, that they`re pretty good at it, if you wanna watch a GAURANTEED "slobberknocker", just tune in to this divisional match up twice a year..
    They`ve lost some talent, but re-loaded, same as us... Edge to us for having Ben instead of Flacco, here... but that doesn`t make any fight an automatic win, for us...
    Finally...
    The Clowns... we have OWNED them for years, but believe it or not(and I know it`s heresy to say it here...)... They really ARE improving...
    Their qb is STILL a weak link, but not a complete joke...Trent Richardson is a BEAST that played with a couple broken ribs for most of last year, behind a decent OLine with Joe Thomas at Guard, and Alex Mack at center(both fairly talented)...
    They need help at reciever, but have a couple serviceable ones in Josh Gordon, and Greg Little..
    A decent threat at tight end, with Jordan Cameron...
    Then we have our ex-Steeler D-backs coach, Ray Horton, taking charge of a fairly formidable front line and linebaking corp...
    A. Ruhbin, Jaball Sheard,Phil Taylor, D`Qwell Jackson, Paul Kruger, ummm... Quentin Groves, off the top of my head, I forget the rest of them, but they ain`t shabby players, Then they Have Joe Haden at cb, who plays like an all-pro, and some others that aint bad...
    Think our O-line is ready for that front four(or three, depending on how they line up?)..?
    I know we can still beat them, but, they aren`t gonna be the cakewalks we are used to, I just hope our team remembers how it felt to turn the ball over EIGHT friekin times against them, and takes out that frustration...
    I just can`t count the Clown`s games as "gimmes" anymore...
    I think this division is more evenly matched than it has been in a while..
    (Since us and Balt were the only two that really mattered...)
    Yeah, I HOPE you`re right and we sweeep the division, but it`s gonna take us playin at our best to do it, IMO...
    GO STEELERS!!!:brownssuck::bsux::ratbirds::steelflag:

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I said 10-6. I think they are capable of winning more games, but with the way this team is mistake prone, I think they'll cost themselves a couple of games that they should by all rights win.

21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    16 - 0 ...... lombardi #7!!!!!!!!!!
    If for no other reason than I'm getting sick of watching mercury morris pop the champaign bottle

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    i see a lot of 11-10 games with bad officiating

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It sounds like you have it nailed down pretty good JA45, I mentioned this in another thread awhile back and got lambasted for putting the Pats, Texans, Colts, Broncos
    Bengals, Ravens,Dolphins all in the playoff race fighting for those (6) SIX playoff spots. Lets just say, that the Steelers CANNOT LOSE to inferior opponents and expect to make the playoffs.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So in your peoples predictions have we under achieved?

25. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011