1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Fields Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Sep 22, 2024.

1. SteelLion69

SteelLion69 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    Exactly. There is an expiration date for every Head Coach in the NFL and Tomlin has past his for the Steelers. He doesn't have Munchak to develop the O-Line and isn't going to get the QB position straight. Tomlin is the constant in the consistent failures on offense.

Tomlin needs a Big Ben to succeed on offense and that doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

The bottom line is in the current NFL, you need an offensive innovator like a Reid or Shanahan that knows how to utilize a QB and creatively execute on offense as the head coach. I bet either of them could get more out of Justin Fields.

Defensive Head Coaches are outdated.

Until the coach changes, we are going to be average, post-season irrelevant, and watch Patrick Mahomes and Chiefs hoist more Lombardis.

The Steelers will just be 'Meh'.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Again how many playoff wins did Mason get? Mason is NOT a great QB. This team has no character no desire yet on emwe go. Maybe we'll draft another hall of fame QB that he can waste for years. He had a great QB. One superbowl win with the vast majority of the players coming from the previous head coach along with most of the coordinators. Since then? One SB loss. One. So the only constant?? Mr. Tomlin. I'm done. No matter what QB you put on this team that QB would struggle mightily to do anything! I'm done with it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nas

Nas New Member

Oct 8, 2024
    This is how MANY Chicago Bears fans feel. He's a great kid and great in the locker room. You got yourselves a quarterback.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I never accused you of denying it was said :facepalm:

As for your questions I thought I was clear when I said I was done with this debate with you. we’ve already covered all this, you dont believe coaches have any impact or make any decisions on games nor any game planning involved. In fact you pretty much don’t believe coaches do anything, not even pick their own coaching staff. Cool, I dont agree with you though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    The offense has always showed hope. 3 games. 2 games. Then it's the same old crap different day.
    Maybe we should change QBs every single game. Then coach T can work his magic and we win every game. He had a hall of fame QB his entire career here. But then Ben MAY have been the 5th best QB at the time he played and certainly not the best ever. So it's unfair to compare or mention that. If Mahomes were on this team we would be the best team in the NFL. Reid SUCKED before Mahomes never won a damn thing!! Then magically Mahomes shows up and it's raining superbowls. He should be glad Tomlin wasn't his coach

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How convenient some people forget about this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So all that, and you didn't answer the questions???

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody forgot. What some don't remember....we still didn't score anymore, until Mason started

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. So you aren't answering???
    It's a stupid person to think coaching doesn't matter....it's even dumber to think that's all that matters.....otherwise every player Tomlin, Reid, Belichick, Cowher, Noll, and many others draft would work, and none would be a waste of picks. Yet every coach I've named has had player that don't work....why didn't they just coach them up???...., and no....I'm not calling you dumb. Just misguided LoL

Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe he is

I’ve asked about 5 times what the Hell a “franchise quarterback” is and have never received a response

Maybe a franchise quarterback is just a quarterback who plays for the franchise

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Which makes it surprising Pickett didn’t have the balls to stay and compete

But as we all know he tucked tail and ran

If the dumb ass hadn’t run he’d be starting

12. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Never mind man. It doesn't matter anyway. Tomlin is what he is. Wasted Ben's best years. Yet hey he wasn't the absolute best in the league. Which is what you've brought up before. So I don't have a clue. So Mason goes on a small streak of good games. So what? That streak has not repeated itself I'm glad you're happy with this team and where it's going.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree. apparently he didn't like what he was seeing??? He's gone now, his loss.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    With a new OC and game plans. Go figure. Are you getting my drift?

• Like Like x 2
  15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    To me, it is a QB that you sign long term to build your team around. Baker and Geno were both 3 year deals to build around. Other guys got longer and larger deals. Some other contracts backfired (Deshaun Watson, Daniel Jones), but they were deemed "franchise QB's" for their respective teams. If Fields plays well enough to end the year and gets a 3 year deal to be the starting QB, then he is our franchise QB.... Just how I see it. Others may have a different interpretation.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    We have a Super Bowl winning franchise QB on the roster right now. It is a shame Tomlin has him sitting on the Bench.

Hopefully we can see that franchise QB ASAP!!!

Fields = Trubisky = Haskins

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

whaaaaat - we scored the biiiiiig 16 points!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

he is a child, born in the everybody gets a trophy era, entitled. THAT is why.

good riddance.

you will never see him succeed in the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Winning or past tense “won”

20. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Did you mean he is a great kid and great in the locker room, but just not a good QB?

I really hope the Steelers get Russell Wilson in there soon, so they don't have to give up a 4th round pick for Fields.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I certainly agree this is the criteria all NFL teams should use in selecting a starting quarterback

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well I sure the hell hope we can be appreciative of Fields today!

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Like being appreciative of the turkey at Thanksgiving ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Maybe the Bears will give us Caleb Williams;) He had a nice day. 4 TD's.